• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Night Vision Luna Optics Extended Long Range IR Illuminator!!

MODArmory – Nicole

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
<span style="font-weight: bold">Finally after months of waiting and settling for lower quality and large bulky illuminators the Luna Optics LN-ELIR-3: Extended Range IR Illuminator is back!!

Includes: Weaver / Picatinny rail & Push Button Tailcap

Technical Specifications:</span>

Wavelength: 775-795nm
Viewing Degree: .1 - 5
Objective Lens Diameter: 10mm
Dimensions: 4.8”x0.9”x1.2”
Weight: 2.6oz
Operating Time: 7 Hours (max)
Operating Time: 14 Hours (mid level power)
Battery: 3V Lithium CR123

<span style="font-weight: bold">Contact MODArmory at (719) 325 8070, PM, or email [email protected].

<span style="text-decoration: underline">$399.00 - Shipped</span>

For more IR Illumination visit: </span>
http://www.modarmory.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=86

Luna_optics_main.jpg

Luna_optics_on_rail.jpg

Luna_optics_overall.jpg

Re: Luna Optics Extended Long Range IR Illuminator!!

The LUNA IS AMAZING!!!
I highly recommend it.
Small package,takes minimal rail space,extreme long range, with one of the "cleanest" beams I have used.

I have the older model Luma IR love it also! It has a crazy strong beam, very compact, plus mine has taken alot of abuse without issue.

I also have the older model and really like the long range it offers , as well as being light and compact and 9 brightness settings

Geo

Can this model use a remote pressure switch?

As is being pointed out on the other NV board, the manufacturer's specs indicate that this is .5W, and that its effective range is only 100 yards. Can anyone expand on the effective range? Also, is the 785 nm reported wavelength in the ballpark? Seems awful low.

New pictures

Ncorry- We have almost sold out of the new batch and have received no complaints on their effective range. If one was having issues they could simply contact us and we can walk them through on their initial set up. Specifications can be created to one's advantage such as basing the effective range on a single degree versus the "flood" or "5" or a "10" degree setting.

Luna Optics LN-EIR-3: LED Extended Range IR Illuminator

805nm wavelength
Fully adjustable IR beam
Weighs only 100g (3.5oz)
Distance 600ft
(1) CR123 Battery
3 Hour operating time

-$249.00 - Shipped (rail not included)

Luna_Optics_LN-EIR-3_Main.jpg

Luna_optics_LN-EIR-3_overall.jpg

When asking about useable range make sure you are looking at the same model. They make several models. I currently have the best model they made THREE years ago. I get 150/200 yards of good useable IR range. It is very stable and can take some rough handling.

I will be getting a new one when I get back. After all, I have a new weapon that needs one. They are compact and the 123 battery lasts a long time. Would like to see a pressure switch, just for ease of quick on and off.

Looks to be a very good item, and mine has been used quite a bit over three years.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ncorry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As is being pointed out on the other NV board, the manufacturer's specs indicate that this is .5W, and that its effective range is only 100 yards. Can anyone expand on the effective range? Also, is the 785 nm reported wavelength in the ballpark? Seems awful low. </div></div>

That was posted in an effort to slow sales of the best laser based illuminator on the market. I can't explain why the specs are what they are. Some will understand and some won't. I'll just say that these are an improvement over the older models. The switches are better and you have the rear on off switch now. The old model was a 100mw laser illuminator.

For those that don't need a laser based illuminator we offer the less expensive LED based unit. Listed above. These are less money and as far as a LED based system they are the best on the market. Usable beyond 500 yards. For most people the led system will be enough..