• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LWRC REPR SIDE CHARGING HANDLE MOD FOR FOLDER

Outta town. Mine delivered today but my Repr is in a ranch safe and I won’t be able to mess with it until after Xmas unfortunately.

20181222_130218.jpg
20181222_130258.jpg

thanks sht for the pictures. Gonna get mine installed in a couple days can’t wait. Gotta remind myself how to do the install...

If the roll pin is being very stubborn coming out one direction then maybe the other will be easier to slide it out. Some of them I shipped and didn't drive the roll pin in all the way ( shoulda done that with all of them) then drive them out from the shortest distance. Make sure you got a good vise and roll pin starter punch. 6oz hammer is plenty of hammer for this.

Got mine installed a couple days ago. Works perfect. I was disappointed at first that the handle isn’t spring loaded but after cycling once I saw and realized the forward momentum is plenty enough to fold the handle. Great design, worth the wait. Big upgrade. Thank you Mntman.

Looking forward to the next special request guys. I am a small shop and am looking forward to any special requests anyone may have. Wannna know how small I am, I anodize my work in the kitchen and the back porch. But I am growing, pretty soon a 400 sq ft workshop and separate finishing area.

If your going to do any more of the side chargers?
I'm ready when you are sir, what is a good way to keep track of your next run start?

I just happened to have 1 extra that I anodized with the tritium insert batch. That would be $90 shipped if you are interested.

"I just happened to have 1 extra that I anodized with the tritium insert batch. That would be $90 shipped if you are interested."
Tritium insert batch ?? I didn't know this was an option, what's up with that?

Last edited:
I finally had time to take the upper I’ve been playing with these to my office to drill out the roll pin I got hopelessly stuck in the stock charging handle (because gunsmithin’ after a few beers is a bad idea) and install one of these and I think it’s a pretty terrific upgrade. I’m a bit surprised there isn’t more chatter about them. I can sling the REPR now without that damn charger sticking in my back. Winning!

Much thanks, MTNMAN, for making it possible.

I finally had time to take the upper I’ve been playing with these to my office to drill out the roll pin I got hopelessly stuck in the stock charging handle (because gunsmithin’ after a few beers is a bad idea) and install one of these and I think it’s a pretty terrific upgrade. I’m a bit surprised there isn’t more chatter about them. I can sling the REPR now without that damn charger sticking in my back. Winning!

Much thanks, MTNMAN, for making it possible.
I am sure ther eiwll be another batch in the working in a decent while from now. You guys just sing your praises and I will be ordering more material better cutters and get ready. Meanwhile have to finish some pins and plungers for FALs

"I just happened to have 1 extra that I anodized with the tritium insert batch. That would be $90 shipped if you are interested."
Tritium insert batch ?? I didn't know this was an option, what's up with that?
tritium insert is an aluminum part, so had to get it anodized and I also anodized the handle I sent to Mooncake for testing fit. I can't afford to setup buckets of acid, dye, etch, and all kinds of degreaser etc etc around just for one part so I took the opportunity to get it done with a batch of tother parts.

http://www.militaryfirearm.com/Forum/showthread.php?135-SUIT-Trilux-scope-tritium-re-animation!!

2 years, shit I have been waiting for at least 10 years since it was tried on the lwrc forum and nobody would step up and make a commitment. :rolleyes:

Looks like LWRC is bringing back the side charging REPR at shot this year and guess what it has?

LWRC via Instagram

Attachments

• 6AA61267-FC7E-4F6F-9AA1-3EF62C888565.png
    6AA61267-FC7E-4F6F-9AA1-3EF62C888565.png
    1 MB · Views: 185
OK guys time to get down to business and see how many people interested so I can order some material. Will take at least 15 pcs for this to be worthwhile to make. Prices will be $80 a pc if I can't get more than 15 pcs demand. If I can get more demand than 15 pcs $75 each. If I get more than 20 pcs demand then $70 a pc. Prices include shipping. Lets make a list with the names of all takers and move from there. I've already got the knobs, pivots, plungers and springs and hopefully enough lugs made. All those parts 4140 pre hardened steel parkerized. Charger body will be 7075 anodized.
By chance are you going to do another batch? I need 2