• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

M1A1 bedding and 700 BDL

mantis60

Private
Minuteman
May 16, 2010
I have a M1A1 NORINCO with the crummy cho wood stock. I bought a nice Walnut M14 stock but there is a problem The heel of the recv'r is curved down, it sits well out of the back of the stock, like it wasn't machined level. It fits in the ChiCom stock fine.(but it looks like a club) Also I do read some post and I read comments like "Use plenty of glass..." I thought the M1A1 stock was routed out along the sides trigger ect, it takes very little to do it. few inches long and routed around 3/16ths Are they saying to pack the stock? HOw can I make it fit in the new stock? Was it machined wrong? IT shoots fine out to 600 so far.
I haven't picked up a rifle since ETS in 84. I got religion the last election. I recv'd a serious head injury and lost alot of memory of those years.
Next I have an 80 L.H. 700BDL Remington, I bought 2 off the rack and gave them to the custom shop. 1 was a loss the one I have is new in the box. How do I know if it is bedded glassed and what is the difference. The loss was dead accurate and this one will be to. Thank you Gentlemen

Re: M1A1 bedding and 700 BDL

Mettalic bedding on the M14. I think the favorite has been Devcon Metallic Bedding for a long time. If your M14 isn't sitting square in the stock, fix that before you try to bed it. The bolt gun is simple if you follow the proper steps as outlined on the hide or SniperCountry's site. For a wealth of 411 on the M14, hit up the M14 forum and you will find all things M14, even the Chicom ones