• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mack Bro’s SS Evo

Did you torque the base screws down before mounting to optic?

Did you torque the base screws down before mounting to optic?
Not beyond what it came as. Its possible (and frankly most likely) that torqueing them down was a step I was supposed to take. 'Doh!

Yeah, the Mack Boys don’t torque them down. They just screw the base down knowing that the gun builder will 99.999% of the time remove it during the build process.

Finally got my manners stock in, put the rifle together and tested the first 5 shots with the smith who put it together. Performed awesome, just a little heavier than I thought it would come out to. I suppose that means time to build another and move the razor over and put a lighter optic on this rifle. I did want to note after the first few shots the base that came with it loosened up a bit. May be worth using some blue Loctite and re-torque them before you go out and use it.View attachment 7737556
What are your initial impressions? How's the bolt lift? Excessive? Is cock on close present? Trigger times up pretty well? Curiou6if you can compare it to other budget actions like the origin, tenacity, or atlas?

@bbhank finally got the EVO I got from ya built! 6mm Dasher Criterion barrel. Shoots like a dream at 100yds, can't wait to do some load development and take it farther out. Using Alpha brass, Barnes 105s, and H4350.
PXL_20211124_185320130.jpg
PXL_20211124_185531536~2.jpg

I read somewhere a manufacture is using Mack bros actions on their rifles this might be the reason they're behind ?

Yep. The Nosler Model 21 uses a modified EVO action from the Mack’s. Basically the EVO with an extended mag well and port opening as well as different flutes on the bolt and facets on the shroud to mimic the Nosler 48 action.

Anyone gotten one of their .223 actions that were due in November? Anxiously waiting..........................

No they had an update in Instagram stating they’re expecting actions to be in stock sometime in December

Yep. The Nosler Model 21 uses a modified EVO action from the Mack’s. Basically the EVO with an extended mag well and port opening as well as different flutes on the bolt and facets on the shroud to mimic the Nosler 48 action.
So would the Nosler 21 fit into any rem 700 chassis?

The 48 is completely different. Be on the lookout for a redesign of that platform in the near future.

Reactions: Redvanes
I have several Mack actions in mini chassis. Not really sure how the Defiance varies if at all but if it’s a Remington footprint, my bet it’s a drop in maybe with the exception of the bolt stop, which can easily be fit.

Guys, the action has a trigger hanger, is this a problem in a chassis? I have used impact/kelbly actions and its usually necessary to make a relief cut for the hanger.

It’s going to depend on the chassis and how the trigger inlet was machined. The hanger itself is not the issue, it’s the screw that attaches it to the action that you may need to modify the chassis for. The Gen 2 mini chassis that manners use solve this problem if not going to a full chassis. It’s an easy modification even if you had to do it with a dremel.

Reactions: 4O6shootist
Not mine, but a buddy had his Evo in one of my manners with MCS-DBM mini chassis, and the chassis would need to be relieved for the trigger hanger assembly. He ended up ordering the new LRH stock that I believe had the TS Customs bedding block, which accommodates the trigger hanger.

Guys, the action has a trigger hanger, is this a problem in a chassis? I have used impact/kelbly actions and its usually necessary to make a relief cut for the hanger.
I put mine in a 1st gen XLR Envy, and I did have to use a dremel to make room for the hanger. Actually had to remove a lot more material than I expected. Plenty of material left on the chassis, just wish I found someone with a mini mill or something to make it a lil prettier. If it was a more expensive chassis, I'd have taken it to someone to get done right

If you opt for a Gen2 Manners mini chassis you are good to go. The first Gen mini chassis would need to be modified. I am only referencing the Manners mini chassis here.

I've got my 24" bartlein #4 carbon 6mm barrel, Hawkins hunter dbm, and I placed my order yesterday for a Mesa Precision altitude stock. Is there a particular action inlet that will match the Evo ejection port, say a kelbly atlas, or tl3?

I put mine in a 1st gen XLR Envy, and I did have to use a dremel to make room for the hanger. Actually had to remove a lot more material than I expected. Plenty of material left on the chassis, just wish I found someone with a mini mill or something to make it a lil prettier. If it was a more expensive chassis, I'd have taken it to someone to get done right
I experienced the same with my First Gen XLR Envy. I made the relief cut with an end mill in my drill press running the spindle at a high speed. It worked out good for me, YMMV. I’ll need to make the same cut in a Begara HMR stock I’m using for another build. I have three Mack Brothers Evo actions now.

I've got my 24" bartlein #4 carbon 6mm barrel, Hawkins hunter dbm, and I placed my order yesterday for a Mesa Precision altitude stock. Is there a particular action inlet that will match the Evo ejection port, say a kelbly atlas, or tl3?
you could call or email them. they are very responsive

you could call or email them. they are very responsive
Yes I did that straight away. Their response was manners inlets for the Evo. So I hit up manners and asked what rem700 close has closest inlet to the Evo, their response was the Evo has its own unique inlet. I was like F it! I'll get get it inlet for a kelbly atlas, maybe they'll cut the hanger relief for me, who knows. I wish there were more helpful knowledge forward people in this game that really wanted to help a guy out, vs buy from me at manners I have an inlet, oh but were backlogged 12 months.

You dont need much clearance just some dremeling ahead if the rear bolt. Having a Bridgeport helps just a quick cut .
The Evo's make nice deer guns !

Attachments

• 20211202_122104.jpg
    20211202_122104.jpg
    490.8 KB · Views: 127
  • 20211202_122114.jpg
    20211202_122114.jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 122
I sure many of you have probably received this email, but Mac bros sent me this product update today. I've been on the waiting list since August I believe. Bit of a bummer. Demand for the Nosler rifles and supressors must be higher than they planned.
Screenshot_20211206-151828_Outlook.jpg

Looks like the end of February now
I sure many of you have probably received this email, but Mac bros sent me this product update today. I've been on the waiting list since August I believe. Bit of a bummer. Demand for the Nosler rifles and supressors must be higher than they planned.

Yep, I've actually been waiting since April. I guess I'm in no hurry though

I’m skipping 12 pages so forgive me I am slammed with work.
I was looking at doing a budget .223 and the $600 mark is pretty awesome. Since the actions have been out are there any issues/concerns ?
The only info I saw online was on another forum about barrel fit and .223 bolt face not out yet.

If somebody could give me the Cliff notes I’d appreciate it. I need to buy another Origin or see if this Mack Bros is a better fit. Thanks

Also is this the same company that did some billet AR receivers for Spikes.
I have a matched upper/lower that is a spikes Mack Bros and the craftsmanship is excellent.

Last edited:
I’m skipping 12 pages so forgive me I am slammed with work.
I was looking at doing a budget .223 and the $600 mark is pretty awesome. Since the actions have been out are there any issues/concerns ?
The only info I saw online was on another forum about barrel fit and .223 bolt face not out yet.

If somebody could give me the Cliff notes I’d appreciate it. I need to buy another Origin or see if this Mack Bros is a better fit. Thanks

I have a matched upper/lower that is a spikes Mack Bros and the craftsmanship is excellent.
According to the website, they do not offer the .223 bolt face

Since the actions have been out are there any issues/concerns ?

I have a couple of these actions sporting Kriegers with 223 Wylde chambers.
I think both of my actions are production versions even though they aren't shipping openly yet.
Both are excellent. Bolt cycle and feeding is slick as snot. Receiver and bolt are high quality and good design.

Several shops have built parts for Spikes. Seekins did a ton of their stuff including refining a lot of the features before Spikes took it back away from them. Mack Brothers/ Horizon Machine makes actions and parts for a lot of the common names out there.

Regarding you considering the Mack Bros action for your 223 project, I would say buy with confidence. You will be happy.

./

I have a few thousand rounds between my 3 origins and an evo ss build in process. The evo bolt is very slick with less slop than the origin. For now, Bolt lift seems comparable. Big pluses IMO on the Origin are widespread prefit availability, controlled feed, swappable bolt faces, savage threads (for some people-more cheap barrels off the shelf), availabilty (including spares), and a company that picks up the phone. That being said, the evo is a great value, and I am looking forward to picking up a few more evos if they can sell me a spare fire control group along with them.

If you want something done by a pro contact Scott Weichel at live oak accuracy.

I have a couple of these actions sporting Kriegers with 223 Wylde chambers.
Terry,
Assuming I know the answer, but would rather ask your input as someone I trust.

Based on your experience with these, do these hold tight enough tolerances where prefits will be pretty widely available once more get out in the wild?

Terry,
Assuming I know the answer, but would rather ask your input as someone I trust.

Based on your experience with these, do these hold tight enough tolerances where prefits will be pretty widely available once more get out in the wild?
i believe it has been posted in this thread that the new ones should accept prefits

I must have gotten lost in all the pages. I remember the tenon being changed, but missed that part. Thanks fellas.

I
I must have gotten lost in all the pages. I remember the tenon being changed, but missed that part. Thanks fellas.
I could be wrong but it was the bolt lug dimension that was changed not the tenon

This is why I ask those who have hands on experience. Regardless of my misreadings, I appreciate any help you guys have to offer.

This is why I ask those who have hands on experience. Regardless of my misreadings, I appreciate any help you guys have to offer.
I

I could be wrong but it was the bolt lug dimension that was changed not the tenon
Yes, bolt lug was shortened. I just assembled one with a Criterion Remage barrel and did not need to trim the bolt or barrel to headspace.