• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mack Bro’s SS Evo

This is why I ask those who have hands on experience. Regardless of my misreadings, I appreciate any help you guys have to offer.

This is why I ask those who have hands on experience. Regardless of my misreadings, I appreciate any help you guys have to offer.
I’m not sure dimensions will be consistent enough to do a prefit. I have three Evo actions now. One older with longer bolt lugs and two later style.

i don’t have first hand experience with prefits. But did send my action back and received a new revised bolt which has shortened lugs that allows the action to accept rem-age barrels

Just a comparo with the Nosler action...in case anyone is getting too anxious waiting for the Evo to be in stock. The rear scope mount holes are different. The whole nosler action is cerakoted inside and out (along with the breech of the barrel, the chamber was masked, tenon to action appeared dry fit also) the bolt initially felt less slick, but it seems about the same after cycling a bit. The bolts are not compatible, with the Nosler lugs being about .003 longer. Bolt handles both threaded, but the Nosler has a 5/16 stud closer to the bolt body. Bottom port cut as shown, will clear MDT 308 and Accurate wsm mags with hawkins m5 dbm.

Attachments

• 9917591C-C6D9-4EC8-914E-AE3851495349.jpeg
    9917591C-C6D9-4EC8-914E-AE3851495349.jpeg
    471.3 KB · Views: 224
  • 09037AEF-896D-46C0-B1AA-491A6D6B7F90.jpeg
    09037AEF-896D-46C0-B1AA-491A6D6B7F90.jpeg
    460.7 KB · Views: 239
I don't know if this is ok here but is anybody interested in trading a standard bolt face for my mag bolt face?

Got an email a while back from them saying they were going to be making lefty actions soon. Anyone have any idea when this will be?

Got an email a while back from them saying they were going to be making lefty actions soon. Anyone have any idea when this will be?

Really? When I reached out to them last spring they said no lefties.

They are willing to entertain marking l-hand actions. We here at Nosler are in talks with them about this for our M21 rifle line.

Reactions: jh2785
Really? When I reached out to them last spring they said no lefties.
When I originally emailed them they said no lefty but then out of the blue they emailed back like a year later and said they would be making them.

They are willing to entertain marking l-hand actions. We here at Nosler are in talks with them about this for our M21 rifle line.
Keep the pressure on them. I know it's a small market but us wrong handers get shafted by everyone damn near

Maybe I need to send them another email

It’s the second Gen of the EVO. The sad part is they can’t get anything back in stock, but are releasing new unobtanium actions. I gave up waiting on them months ago. I just decided to buy a handful of Impact Titans.

Reactions: 4O6shootist
It’s the second Gen of the EVO. The sad part is they can’t get anything back in stock, but are releasing new unobtanium actions. I gave up waiting on them months ago. I just decided to buy a handful of Impact Titans.
I've been waiting on a few since May myself......but they told me Feb, I'll be happy if I get em by May!

Reactions: Redvanes
Good to see new options, even if they will be similarly unobtanium. Kinda like the old bolt handle/knob design though.

Have faith in the Mack Boyz!! I know they sent like 800 bolts out to their nitride vendor. They are a slam ass busy shop, I’m not making excuses for them by any means. Working with outside Vendors can get tough, especially in today’s messed up world of logistics, material shortages, lack of employees!! Everyone suffers the effects of this from the manufacturing companies to the end user. Yes, it sucks having to wait sometimes but believe me, they are doing everything in their power to get everyone the items they want/have on order.

Have faith in the Mack Boyz!! I know they sent like 800 bolts out to their nitride vendor. They are a slam ass busy shop, I’m not making excuses for them by any means. Working with outside Vendors can get tough, especially in today’s messed up world of logistics, material shortages, lack of employees!! Everyone suffers the effects of this from the manufacturing companies to the end user. Yes, it sucks having to wait sometimes but believe me, they are doing everything in their power to get everyone the items they want/have on order.
That's all fine and dandy, but I'm not waiting an undefined amount of time before I can get an action, let alone the rest of the rifle parts. No, the next few years will be won by factory rifles unfortunately.

Blame your congressman for that.

That's all fine and dandy, but I'm not waiting an undefined amount of time before I can get an action, let alone the rest of the rifle parts. No, the next few years will be won by factory rifles unfortunately.

Blame your congressman for that.
This is one of many reasons that I buy Impact Precision actions. Shortest lead time not to mention you’re supporting a great family of shooters. Yeah they’re more expensive but you’re paying you get a superior product as well.

You paid someone already?

./
I know you're being facetious, and no. But look at the Xylo chassis or XLR chassis as an example of something that people pay for and then wait a lifetime for.

I'm not saying it's wrong. If you want to wait, fantastic! But with the amount of products out there which are basically the same damn thing with very minor differences, its difficult not to take timing into serious consideration.

My whole point is that in the last two years, I've never seen a Mac Bros Evo SS available. So why should I care about the new thing that will be equally unavailable?

Reactions: godofthunder
You shouldn’t care. You are a creature of free will. You needn’t wither in waiting for the Mack brothers to cheaply fill your action hole. GO NOW-Purchase the basically similar action of your dreams and decry in that action’s thread its virtues and availability. Leave us to lament upon the pains of finding a secondhand EVO SS, tearing down a Nosler 21, or waiting with crossed fingers on the Mack notification list.

I know you're being facetious, and no. But look at the Xylo chassis or XLR chassis as an example of something that people pay for and then wait a lifetime for.

I'm not saying it's wrong. If you want to wait, fantastic! But with the amount of products out there which are basically the same damn thing with very minor differences, its difficult not to take timing into serious consideration.

My whole point is that in the last two years, I've never seen a Mac Bros Evo SS available. So why should I care about the new thing that will be equally unavailable?
If you are interested in getting one of the EVO actions get on the wait list. I have three that I have purchased during the past couple years. It’s not that hard to get one if you want it.

I'm not interested at this point. I can buy a tikka and customize it to do everything I need without waiting until I'm retired to enjoy it.

My point is not that Mac Bros or other custom actions aren't worth the wait for a lot of people. In fact, I'd love to wait for one. But everything I think about building something new, I think about the decision between waiting several months (currently) for the action, then another several months for the chassis. Or I could buy something off the shelf and immediately customize it to throw rounds down range and enjoy my hobby of shooting, rather than toil in the hobby of waiting for paint to dry.

Is the difference between tikka and Mac Bros different enough to justify waiting a year to use? Not to me, at this time at least.

The trick is breaking in/ doing load development/ getting familiar with the last build while waiting on parts for the next one.

I'm not interested at this point. I can buy a tikka and customize it to do everything I need without waiting until I'm retired to enjoy it.

My point is not that Mac Bros or other custom actions aren't worth the wait for a lot of people. In fact, I'd love to wait for one. But everything I think about building something new, I think about the decision between waiting several months (currently) for the action, then another several months for the chassis. Or I could buy something off the shelf and immediately customize it to throw rounds down range and enjoy my hobby of shooting, rather than toil in the hobby of waiting for paint to dry.

Is the difference between tikka and Mac Bros different enough to justify waiting a year to use? Not to me, at this time at least.
What chassis would require a wait?
And, if it did, just order both at the same time.

Reactions: Caterpillardoc
Xylo, XLR, etc. 20+ weeks
Why would you order those, since you've already said you would never consider them?
Why wouldn't you order a KRG or MDT?
Seems pretty stupid "I don't like this product, so I'll order it to ensure I'm dissatisfied"

Xylo, XLR, etc. 20+ weeks
Xylo was in stock before the massive sale. It's not like it had been like that.

I just bought 2 XLR stocks from 2 different retailers just this month. There are retailers with them in stock right now.

Why would you order those, since you've already said you would never consider them?
Why wouldn't you order a KRG or MDT?
Seems pretty stupid "I don't like this product, so I'll order it to ensure I'm dissatisfied"
You're mistaken. Not only have I never said that, but I used them as examples because if I was buying a new chassis, one of those would be what I'd want.

I'm not trying to have a fight about this. I'm only saying that it's funny to me when a company markets a new version of something that has, in recent history, been unobtanium.

No need to be so combative because you disagree, but I guess that's how things are nowadays....

You're mistaken. Not only have I never said that, but I used them as examples because if I was buying a new chassis, one of those would be what I'd want.

I'm not trying to have a fight about this. I'm only saying that it's funny to me when a company markets a new version of something that has, in recent history, been unobtanium.

No need to be so combative because you disagree, but I guess that's how things are nowadays....
Not being combative.
You came on this thread just to tell everyone you would never buy one, because they are never available, which is obviously false, as folks have posted pics of their builds. Then you bitched about a couple of chassis not being available either.
I can understand not wanting to wait, and if that's what drives your decision, more power to you.

Back on topic, the only wait time for this action was Fedex-Remage 22XC. Correction to my previous post, bolt handle stud is 1/4-28, so that sweet grenade knob may just bolt up to an Origin.

Attachments

• D87420DD-0836-4537-B606-80C12910925D.jpeg
    D87420DD-0836-4537-B606-80C12910925D.jpeg
    427.9 KB · Views: 139
Just finished up my wife’s new 7 SAUM build on a Mack SS EVO. Just waiting on a set of Hawkins rings and it will be ready for the range.

Mack Broz SS EVO
proof 22” Sendero 1/8 twist
Hawkins M5 flush mount DBM
Trigger Tech Special
Manners LRH stock
Mack Broz Gen1 suppressor mount

6.2lbs with no optics.

My next project is a custom muzzleloader on a Mack Titanium EVO, already in progress.

Attachments

• D7C92372-64F1-48D6-A5B8-15E0CFE3E57B.jpeg
    D7C92372-64F1-48D6-A5B8-15E0CFE3E57B.jpeg
    542.9 KB · Views: 259
  • 2CF3D380-4EC2-4F87-9D96-BB011F6E785C.jpeg
    2CF3D380-4EC2-4F87-9D96-BB011F6E785C.jpeg
    601 KB · Views: 242
  • FD79B875-086E-4D59-8B06-BD857D583C93.jpeg
    FD79B875-086E-4D59-8B06-BD857D583C93.jpeg
    644.2 KB · Views: 251
  • ADC990E7-A976-4257-9618-8D06080504D6.jpeg
    ADC990E7-A976-4257-9618-8D06080504D6.jpeg
    584.9 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
Not that I know of at this time, but I know there are talks about it.

“Two weeks “ 🤣

But seriously I called a couple of weeks ago and they said the actions were done and waiting on nitride for the bolts.

Sort of related. I have a couple Evos and a Stiller. Thinking about getting a Defiance Anti full nitride while I wait for the Evos. Does anyone have any experience with how the nitrided anti will compare to my Evos and Stiller as far as smoothness and bolt lift?

Last edited:
Xylo was in stock before the massive sale. It's not like it had been like that.

I just bought 2 XLR stocks from 2 different retailers just this month. There are retailers with them in stock right now.

This. I bought one recently and it shipped next day.

I want a new Mack action and a new barrel for it but like it’s been mentioned, a huge lead time is not as ideal as I’d like. Buying a more expensive option thats delivered in a fraction of the time is a convenience fee of sorts

I was told maybe summer of last year new MB actions would go out in October and I’d get a notification. Which didn’t happen so I don’t know what to believe as far as quotes on availability

Reactions: godofthunder
This. I bought one recently and it shipped next day.

I want a new Mack action and a new barrel for it but like it’s been mentioned, a huge lead time is not as ideal as I’d like. Buying a more expensive option thats delivered in a fraction of the time is a convenience fee of sorts

I was told maybe summer of last year new MB actions would go out in October and I’d get a notification. Which didn’t happen so I don’t know what to believe as far as quotes on availability
Looks to me like they have raised the price to $675, so the price gap to an origin is closing a little.

Reactions: SilencedShooter11B