• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magnetospwwd V3 or LabRadar?

You can't go wrong with either however i still use the V3

Darlene sent me an email Monday, said they were sending out replacements so I can maybe get out out Monday or Tuesday next week on my days off and play with it. Hats off to MK Machining for their fast attention to this. I really appreciate everyone's responses, it was a big help. I think the V3 setup will work well for me.
Look forward to your honest thoughts on the mount!

My son and I own a Labradar. I have been exceptionally pleased. It hardly ever drops a shot and gives great data. Best of all, it is away from the rifle. So, If you don’t drop the thing it works great. My son finds that it does not record shots from suppressed handguns, especially AR style handguns shooting 300 Blackout in subsonic. Otherwise I rate it the best I have ever used.

I was using a Magnetospeed. It slipped down the barrel un-noticed and my Whelen shot it too pieces. Being honest with Magnetospeed, they offered me a new unit for 15% off. Earlier, my family purchased me a PACT. Never, ever could get the thing to record. Sent it back to the factory, they said it was within specs, sent it back, no charge but same results. A second rate boat anchor for Radio control yachts. Had a Chrony. It worked almost all the time that the sun was right. However, like all Chrony’s I eventually had a low shot. Chrony’s have a particular dislike for low shots. 😩.

So, the Magnetospeed is an ok unit, but check it every shot and get the higher end model that seem to ahve a better bracket. My recommendations is to get the Labradar and do not drop the thing.

My son and I own a Labradar. I have been exceptionally pleased. It hardly ever drops a shot and gives great data. Best of all, it is away from the rifle. So, If you don’t drop the thing it works great. My son finds that it does not record shots from suppressed handguns, especially AR style handguns shooting 300 Blackout in subsonic. Otherwise I rate it the best I have ever used.

I was using a Magnetospeed. It slipped down the barrel un-noticed and my Whelen shot it too pieces. Being honest with Magnetospeed, they offered me a new unit for 15% off. Earlier, my family purchased me a PACT. Never, ever could get the thing to record. Sent it back to the factory, they said it was within specs, sent it back, no charge but same results. A second rate boat anchor for Radio control yachts. Had a Chrony. It worked almost all the time that the sun was right. However, like all Chrony’s I eventually had a low shot. Chrony’s have a particular dislike for low shots. 😩.

So, the Magnetospeed is an ok unit, but check it every shot and get the higher end model that seem to ahve a better bracket. My recommendations is to get the Labradar and do not drop the thing.
Did you try it on Pistol mode? That works best for subsonic 22LR. The Labradar is not set up to read subsonic speeds in Rifle.

I prefer the V3. The LR is awesome as well but I shoot suppressed and it’s annoying when it doesn’t detect it. The additional trigger just adds more money and then picks up every other shot around you. My V3 has been super reliable. And very accurate. Developed my load, chrono’d it and dialed to 800y according to my app and shot a 4” group. Cant complain. I also got it used for $250 which made it an easy decision to buy.

Look forward to your honest thoughts on the mount!
Sorry I haven't updated sooner. Got the new rods last week, package was well taped and padded inside, USPS did it's best to demolish it, but it arrived ok. I don't know what they're doing but a rectangular box arrived tube shaped, haha.
I assembled everything and mounted on my XLR Element 3.0 chassis. Mounting parts are really well made, fit and finish is perfect, easy to assemble. What really surprised me was the rigidity of the system with 2 rods hanging out there, very nice. Didnt have to add any rail as my bipod rail was long enough to add to.
Hopefully I will get out tomorrow and test it. Will be shooting factory Hornady 140's and 147's to see where I'm at compared to their spec's. Thanks everybody for responses and for Tyler for checking in. I'll update when I get out to test.

Reactions: LoCal247