• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Manners T5A - 408CT

KYS

BBN #1
Minuteman
Oct 8, 2008
Lexington, KY
This is straight from Tom @ Manners Stocks! He made this for me to run my 8000 Lawton action on. This one is in 408CT with a GG&G HD Bipod and Quicksilver Manufacturing Suppressor. Overall an excellent package. Tom builds a hell of a stock and they are ROCK solid. The comfort level with this system is superb much better then the McRee chassis or the McMillan A5 that it came in. Thumbs up to Tom and his crew!

10n52k9.jpg

rje2qg.jpg

rjpnit.jpg

2e22mgk.jpg

Re: Manners T5A - 408CT

I really like that .

Did you gain more weight with that or lose a couple of pounds?

Very nice looking rifle.

Damn is all I can say...very nice.

How does a guy get into your line of work? Seriously, you have some awesome toys.

How much did it cost for the stock, since it was a "custom"? I really like the Manners stock. Probably will go with that for my 375 CT, when I have the fund.

Well my father and I own one of the largest road/bridge/concrete/grading companies in KY. So without my line of work I wouldn't be able to afford these rigs! I am truly blessed to have a grandfather that had ambitions to own his own company and do it the right way. We have been in business for 40+ years.

It lost weight when I took it out of the other two stocks for sure.

Range report is coming!

Stock was around $800.00 put that depends on what action your putting in it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you owe Moon a 12 pack for bedding that beast. LOL, Looks good</div></div>

Go for a 24 pack.
wink.gif

that's not bad at all. I guess I know what stock to put in my future 375 CT then.

Great looking rig. What DBM are you using that handles that length of a case. Your OAL must be over 4".

Does Moon like bourbon? Beer is for college kids. I will hook him up with the good stuff!!! What about you George? I owe you a few for all the stuff you've done for me. The least I can do is get you sloshed on top shelf bourbon!
smile.gif

I got the bottom metal directly from Bruce Baer, very nice kit but my old mag had way to much wobble and now I have to look for a new one.

I chose it because Tom Manners makes excellent equipment for an affordable price. This was his new design and I wanted my rig to be comfortable and built like a tank, thats why I chose his stock design.

The thumbhole is very comfortable to me on this setup.

What a sweet rifle. I have to agree with you about Manners stocks. I have 2 of them and they are both excellent.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: srv656s</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks awesome. I don't recognize the bipod... </div></div>

Looks like the GG&G or Bobro bipod.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oddball-Six</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats a really nice clean look to the rifle.

I am curious why you chose a thumbhole stock? Why did you choose that particular stock? </div></div>

B/c properly built thumbhole's are awesome...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: srv656s</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks awesome. I don't recognize the bipod... </div></div>

Looks like the GG&G or Bobro bipod. </div></div>

It says GG&G bipod in the description....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jimmy M40a2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice! </div></div>

Gotta give props to this guy! He made the bolt knob for me and I tooled out the bottom to take some weight off.

It's a safe bet anytime KY starts a thread there's gonna be a some nice toys in it.

As far as your job and all, whenever I get tired of studying I get on here and look at all the toys. Then I study more because I really want nice things in life.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dpreston</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what barrel and twist is that? </div></div>

Read the description! LAWTON RIFLE BARREL and ACTION

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dpreston</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what barrel and twist is that? </div></div>

Read the description! LAWTON RIFLE BARREL and ACTION </div></div>

Why have you became such an e-dick lately?

Who manufactured the .408chey tac magazines ?

I'm absolutely desparate for .408 magazines at the mo.
anyone let me know where to get a reliable supply ?

Ive 2 lawton actions sat waiting to go into our Raptor stock, but can't set up the inlet program for the damn magwell and mag catch as i don't have magazines.

they are like rocking horse shit in Europe

HELP !!

Pete

damn.. sorry for asking

btw.. I still dont see where it says Lawton Barrel, or is that just something I should have known

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dpreston</div><div class="ubbcode-body">damn.. sorry for asking

btw.. I still dont see where it says Lawton Barrel, or is that just something I should have known </div></div>

Read my post above the picture. Its says made for a LAWTON rifle. It also says it on the barrel.... all you have to do is read carefully. thanks

JRose - dont worry about what Im doing. I was pointing out to him who made the rifle.... chill out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete Lincoln</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who manufactured the .408chey tac magazines ?

I'm absolutely desparate for .408 magazines at the mo.
anyone let me know where to get a reliable supply ?

Ive 2 lawton actions sat waiting to go into our Raptor stock, but can't set up the inlet program for the damn magwell and mag catch as i don't have magazines.

they are like rocking horse shit in Europe

HELP !!

Pete </div></div>

For the mags check with Bruce Baer or Bobby Lawton. Not sure on their export laws though.... good luck with your search.

One SWEEEET Stick !! With the recent group buy on the T5 and T5A's we should be seeing several new creations appearing on the hide.

Great job KY.I'd buy the bourbon if I could just look at the collection in the man cave.

Bourbon is always welcomed. Im going to get a nice bottle and send to George and Moon as a thank you.