• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Man's Best Friend Thread

IMG_20210708_061934795.jpg

My co-driver Gizmo. He's a trooper for sure!

A crazy update
After a bit more than three weeks missing without a single sign of him I found out yesterday a crazy woman neighbor has been trapping and hoarding cats.
On my way to work as I drove by he blasted through the crap she used to block her windows and I spotted him.

She refused to give him back till the police forced her with all my neighbors fighting with me to free kitty!

There was a trap set with cat food right beside her place!

Multiple reports have been filed with animal control and I’m coordinating with a few other neighbors who have lost cats recently.
I’m also going to see if I can get a few non profit animals services and the media involved.

He is traumatized but very happy to be home!
It’s been hellish for me but I fear kitty had it worse:(

trying to get him to a vet today.
he has received approximately 100,000 kisses and hugs since I got him back around 10:30 am yesterday ❤️

A crazy update
After a bit more than three weeks missing without a single sign of him I found out yesterday a crazy woman neighbor has been trapping and hoarding cats.
On my way to work as I drove by he blasted through the crap she used to block her windows and I spotted him.

She refused to give him back till the police forced her with all my neighbors fighting with me to free kitty!

There was a trap set with cat food right beside her place!

Multiple reports have been filed with animal control and I’m coordinating with a few other neighbors who have lost cats recently.
I’m also going to see if I can get a few non profit animals services and the media involved.

He is traumatized but very happy to be home!
It’s been hellish for me but I fear kitty had it worse:(

trying to get him to a vet today.
he has received approximately 100,000 kisses and hugs since I got him back around 10:30 am yesterday ❤️
Man,if you were in Ohio that lady would be in jail facing multiple felonies because of Dick Goddard's good work and law.

If she only knew.

Reactions: Steel head
Going to pick out the lil shit( bentley) a girl friend this week. Wife and i are leaning towards the lil one in the single pic. But wont know for sure till one of them attaches to us
6235163C-F788-4B3C-B499-C215C4889A2F.jpeg

Attachments

• 498E7E39-D023-4369-BEC9-275EA676911F.jpeg
    498E7E39-D023-4369-BEC9-275EA676911F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 55
The larger one is actually ours. Well that changes this week as I think of it. Now it will be shared parenting because we are divorcing. But the smaller one technically belongs to a scummy family down the road. I live in the country. She started coming around and was friendly. She was a wreck though. Knots that we are still trying to get cut before winter. Sher rump was so knotted she could not wag her tail. Nails grown in nearly full circle. She spends most of the day at my home and the night then every once in awhile roams back to the slums and comes back shortly. She has a new collar, been to the vet, knots almost gone. The neighbor has never even asked or said anything. ... I hate people. Now the only problem is she's a moth breather a.d wants to be in the bed. With me. Oh well. Wife leaving so the dog can have her side of the bed.
75010.jpeg

20210901_182805.jpg
20210901_182655.jpg

Gunner is 17 weeks old now. He is one smart puppy and his training is going well. I do think having another dog to keep him entertained and to follow the rules helps. He's going to be a great dog like Sydney is.
20210823_205713.jpg

ETA

Yes, he's missing an eye. He arrived from the breeder with Glaucoma in his left eye from an apparent injury (when he was about 6 weeks old) and it had to be removed. The CSU VTH is who gave the diagnosis, we were hoping they could save his eye. The glaucoma showed up a few hours before he was delivered.

Last edited:
"The larger one is actually ours. Well that changes this week as I think of it. Now it will be shared parenting because we are divorcing. I hate people. Now the only problem is she's a moth breather a.d wants to be in the bed. With me. Oh well. Wife leaving so the dog can have her side of the bed."
I think you got the better part of the deal. Go make a deal with the gypsy's owner to avoid potential BS and you come out ahead!

1631943835043.png

He's 11 weeks old here. House trained, rings the cowbell to go out to the potty spot. retrieves to hand, recalls on command, will sit, lay, stay and shake. In another few months, he will do all sorts of stupid tricks...but mainly he is supposed to be the wife's dog that likes to cuddle. He's asking her there. He is about 13 weeks now. Quail (and other birds) opens tomorrow and I hope to get him in some birds and some in his mouth.

They're cute little puppies but then grow into a strong muscular dog. Most can't deal with the proper training that's need.
True...

considering how many people can't even agree on what a "man", or a "woman" is these days,
or have the balls to stand up for their own rights,
yet they'll crucify you for violently "oppressing" them, if the feel they have been even slightly offended.

Hoping someone might be able to offer some help.

George, our dog of many breeds, has suddenly developed unusual behaviors.

Normally he has had a very relaxed disposition. Content to lay on the porch and keep an eye on the property when outside and hold down a couch while inside. Approximately a day and a half ago he has become very anxious, nervous, almost paranoid. Constantly pacing and hyper alert to the slightest input. Where he had been a great night sleeper at the foot of our bed, for the last two nights he has been pacing the room most of the night and he whining a bit, not as if in any kind of pain however, always wagging his tail. His eating habits have changed from devouring his(raw) food to looking at his bowl nervously and walking away. He does eat eventually.

While we have scheduled a vet appointment a few days out I am curious if any of you all have dealt with a situation like this?

George is a 4-1/2 yo mix of Pyrenees, Lab, Border Collie, Greyhound and a bunch of other mutts that got around.

BW

Normally he has had a very relaxed disposition. Content to lay on the porch and keep an eye on the property when outside and hold down a couch while inside. Approximately a day and a half ago he has become very anxious, nervous, almost paranoid. Constantly pacing and hyper alert to the slightest input. Where he had been a great night sleeper at the foot of our bed, for the last two nights he has been pacing the room most of the night and he whining a bit, not as if in any kind of pain however, always wagging his tail. His eating habits have changed from devouring his(raw) food to looking at his bowl nervously and walking away. He does eat eventually.

While we have scheduled a vet appointment a few days out I am curious if any of you all have dealt with a situation like this?

George is a 4-1/2 yo mix of Pyrenees, Lab, Border Collie, Greyhound and a bunch of other mutts that got around.

BW
This may not be it, but is there a bitch in heat somewhere around? You described my dog perfectly when his lady comes in.

BW

This may sound weird but it is that time of the year for mice to invade homes. Is it possible he's been spooked by a mouse or mice and his Pyrenees is putting him on alert?

This may sound weird but it is that time of the year for mice to invade homes. Is it possible he's been spooked by a mouse or mice and his Pyrenees is putting him on alert?
With three cats in the house I am doubtful that is the problem. I am suspicious of some sort of environmental or ingested toxin but he hasn’t been anywhere that we can remember where he could have gotten into anything. Parasitic issue? Brain tumor? The mind tends to go to worst case scenario.
A596E22F-978A-4A3C-9C95-48BB1DB34D7C.jpeg

Any possibility of strange sounds in the house or surrounding area?
Also is anyone in the house stressed, worried, sick or breathing a bit differently?
Any changes in your schedule and daily routine?

Reactions: Snipe260
Any possibility of strange sounds in the house or surrounding area?
Also is anyone in the house stressed, worried, sick or breathing a bit differently?
Any changes in your schedule and daily routine?
No significant routine changes or outside stress induced that we know of. We do have a Volcano Evacuation Route sign on the road near our driveway, sure hope he isn’t getting some sort of premonition, yikes.

BW
There are a lot of reasons for sudden behavior changes, hope the vet checkup will bring good news. My guy will stop eating for a day or so bc he ate something disagreeable while roaming around (then throw it up in the house).

Reactions: 260284 and Buckley

BW
Hope everything is ok with George!

Reactions: Buckley
There are a lot of reasons for sudden behavior changes, hope the vet checkup will bring good news. My guy will stop eating for a day or so bc he ate something disagreeable while roaming around (then throw it up in the house).
This could be part of the explanation. George had vomited (at night - in the house) a couple of days before his behavioral changes. My perception was too much of a time delay for any correlation.

Things appear to be returning to normal as of last night. Still a little hesitant at dinner time but not as much, and his pacing, whining and constant lip licking decreased by at least 80% last night. Good news. Animals can sure drive their owners crazy with concern at times.

Thanks for responses all.

This could be part of the explanation. George had vomited (at night - in the house) a couple of days before his behavioral changes. My perception was too much of a time delay for any correlation.

Things appear to be returning to normal as of last night. Still a little hesitant at dinner time but not as much, and his pacing, whining and constant lip licking decreased by at least 80% last night. Good news. Animals can sure drive their owners crazy with concern at times.

Thanks for responses all.

Glad to see things are turning around.

Reactions: Buckley