• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Marine Veteran Arrested at Clinton Barrett rally

Re: Marine Veteran Arrested at Clinton Barrett rally

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Griffin Armament</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: topgun99</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK Griffin, I can't play the vid for some reason so let me get this right. The Marine was acting in a way that was causing an angry group to become even angrier and on the edge of physical violence? And the cop was trying to get him to calm down and in so doing keep the lid from blowing off? </div></div>

The crowd was just a typical crowd of liberal lunatics. Completely intolerant of an opposition protester despite their party claims of tolerance. They were engaged in a debate- the Marine answering the questions of liberal protesters, which were many because they were a mob pretty much raining them in on him. One of the protesters at one point puts a sign in front of his face, while the news media interviews him on camera.

The police officer physically grabbed him by his shirt, and walked and pushed him in the direction of another area and said, "You're going to get your ass kicked- Move."

And the Marine didn't appreciate being told where he could stand at the protest, which is somewhat reasonable, because the whole area is public property. The crowd was happy the police officer was giving his attention to the Marine and began to yell for his (and also Governor Scott Walker's) arrest.

The Marine vocalized his dissent to being moved and told what to do when he was lawfully conducting himself and was arrested for gesturing with his hands (pointing). The police officer was at that point angry with the Marine and cited finger pointing and also the stick attached to his sign as the reasons for the arrest or that's what I gather from watching the youtube video.

I believe had the Marine stayed, he might have been physically attacked, but that would have resulted in criminal charges on Democrats where this situation instead results in charges to him.

So rather than wait for a crime to happen and charge those at fault, they arrested and charged the would be victim of the perceived future crime.

I can see the strategy here, so I'm not saying the police officer isn't making any sense, but it just doesn't seem to be the way that the justice system is intended to operate.
</div></div>

Fuckin bullshit dude. If the justice system was like that then I guess turning fire hoses on civil rights protesters is ok since I guess it keeps the status quot.

That cop acted out of line, and deserves to be punished harshly for it. There is no denying that.

Why can't all unions just be a group of people that meet up through there own free will that help push for fairness in the work place, not some organization that demands you be part of it thus becomes something bad.

Also can i just say for a second when i saw the title i laughed a bit because i saw pro-Walker and thought of the walking dead. I imagined a bunch of hippies preaching don't shoot the walkers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">public unions - a last chance saloon for the sub-par to enjoy unearned compensation at the expense of the tax-payer through the tyranny of collective intimidation.</div></div>

Careful someone might get offended by that and ban you haha. You know how those lobbyists are.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The other essential point that Marine made was that many unions FORCE people to join if they want to work in certain professions - ergo good people, who are honest and capable and desire to serve, are forced into the disgusting collective of the union structure. That this is legal, that this is in existence in today's world in this country is shameful.</div></div>

Not trying to argue with you but I just have to make a little correction here. It's not the unions forcing anybody as they don't really have any authority, it's the government.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HeathenRifleman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">public unions - a last chance saloon for the sub-par to enjoy unearned compensation at the expense of the tax-payer through the tyranny of collective intimidation.</div></div>

Careful someone might get offended by that and ban you haha. You know how those lobbyists are.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The other essential point that Marine made was that many unions FORCE people to join if they want to work in certain professions - ergo good people, who are honest and capable and desire to serve, are forced into the disgusting collective of the union structure. That this is legal, that this is in existence in today's world in this country is shameful.</div></div>

Not trying to argue with you but I just have to make a little correction here. It's not the unions forcing anybody as they don't really have any authority, it's the government. </div></div>

The Govt operates an open shop policy. There is no coercion to join a union. If you know of a law where it explicitly states membership is mandatory I'd like to hear about it...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HeathenRifleman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">public unions - a last chance saloon for the sub-par to enjoy unearned compensation at the expense of the tax-payer through the tyranny of collective intimidation.</div></div>

Not trying to argue with you but I just have to make a little correction here. It's not the unions forcing anybody as they don't really have any authority, it's the government. </div></div>

The Govt operates an open shop policy. There is no coercion to join a union. If you know of a law where it explicitly states membership is mandatory I'd like to hear about it...

</div></div>

I don't know a lot about unions except for the amount of money some were making regarding collective bargaining with public jobs. Like $150,000/year bus drivers here in Wisconsin.

The guy on the video claims to be a former union employee and claims that his choices were to work as a member of a union, or not to work at all.

FYI those bus drivers had managed to work some scheme by which they had a large amount of paid sick days allowed (like 6+ weeks) and could call in sick for a shift and then work the 8 hours immediately following it- making them their original pay + 8 hours of time and a half. Somehow created loopholes like that allowed them to make $150,000 per year once all were properly exploited. They were one of about two dozen examples of just how the state was loosing its butt on collective bargaining.

Here's a good review of the public unions and the total scams (to the tax-payer) that they are:

You want to know why Govt. spending is so high? Public Unions.
You want to know why Buffalo has as many public sector employees today as it had in the 1950's but now with less than 50% of the population? Public Unions.

It's a long read, but if you TRULY care about govt spending, and don't want this country bankrupted then you HAVE to read this.

http://www.nationalaffairs.com/publications/detail/the-trouble-with-public-sector-unions

What about the obvious? The proper action would have been for the officer to shadow the Marine and allow him to participate in the event. Like the say... Protect and Serve! Instead, they arrested him, put him in lockup and charge cited him with disorderly conduct.

Go to Milwaukee of Chicago and check out the dick heads that call them selves Cops. Nothing but union head busters and the feds know it and just sit on there fat ass collecting thick envelopes like the rest of the cops.

This story, including video, was aired by Greta on Fox News tonight.

Union cops must not have to PT, that guy could have ran circles around all of em.

I used to live in Milwaukee, had for 47 out of my 55+ years on this earth before I moved. It is a very liberal city politically.

My very few encounters with LEOs there were at best OK, like I was a burden on them or something for having called them. My encounters were r/t a jackass neighbor a couple of times and once for a motor vehicle accident in which I got pretty banged up.

Since I moved to a smaller community, still in WI, I have had a chance to talk with a few LEOs out on patrol in my area and once when my house was vandalized. What a total turnaround! While the LEOs in both places were competent, they were civil, courteous, and just plain human where I now reside.

That being said, I also know a few Milwaukee LEOs who are great folks. I shoot with some of them at the range I belong to.

As an aside, I hope the Marine that was arrested wasn't carrying. He would've gotten the Nth degree then even if everything was legal.

$150,000/year bus drivers here in Wisconsin,,,,damn I'm in a union and only make $50,000 a year and don't get me started on the shit ass retirement the company gives.