• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Material Void in Manners Stock

DeathBeforeDismount

Hey, give your balls a tug.
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2021
IN YOUR HEAD
I just noticed when swapping stocks there is a chunk of foam missing from the inside of this LRH. It was bought new and I am 99% sure i did not cause this. Anyone see this before and is it something to worry about as far as it breaking down over time?

I thought about getting some epoxy and filling the void just to be safe. Good idea? Bad idea?
20220228_211957.jpg
20220228_212010.jpg
20220228_212029.jpg

I would contact Manners and let Manners repair the problem or provide a new stock

My warm fuzzy feeling meter just dropped several points because I have an LRH on order

Reactions: shoobe01
I have no doubt that manners would take care of that if you called them and sent the pics, I had an issue with a Manners stock once and they bent over backwards to take care of it.

However, me being me, I would 100% fill that in, sand it flush, and not overthink it.

Last edited:
I have no doubt that manners would take care of that if you called them and sent the pics, I had an issue with a Manners stock once and they bent over backwards to take care of it.

However, me being me, I would 100% fill that in, sand it flush, and not overthink it.
Any idea what material to use to fill it? I have a couple of manners stocks and love them so this is not a bash manners thread at all.

Reactions: RobertB
I'd likely use JB Weld MarineWeld from the syringe. It's a whitish color that would blend in reasonably well in that area and its easy to sand flush.

That being said, I basically rebuilt a HS Precision stock using the gray JB Weld 2-part epoxy so that could work too.

The way I see it, it's not rocket science, we're trying to keep the edges from chipping more and fill in the void to make it less unsightly. The two part epoxies from the hardware store can accomplish that in my experience.

I have 3 Manners stocks. Never seen that. Contact them, they will take care of you.

If you want us to fix it then we’ll be more than happy to do so. Email me at [email protected] and I’ll get you squared away.

If you want to fill it yourself feel free to. I’d use an epoxy like JB and just sand it flush. It’s not going to do anything one way or the other and especially with the mini chassis doing all the work. It’s cosmetic but we still want our customers 100% satisfied.

Let me know what I can do to help!