• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Maxpedition Monsoon Gearslinger

rascaldog

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2008
London Ky.
Thinking about getting one of these for general use. Hiking, travel, fishing, shooting. Seems to be a pretty good way to carry stuff without going the backpack route. Anybody use one? Opinions? I like the idea of being able to get to my gear without having to remove it. Thanks

Re: Maxpedition Monsoon Gearslinger

Just picked one up yesterday in black from a local gun store. It is sorta like an urban day pack for me. I especially like the ability to access firearm more quickly than if wearing standard pack. It seems well built and roomy enough to carry all the junk I carry back and forth to work...lunch,change of clothes,raingear,book or two, umbrella, water, etc. I wondered if the single shoulder strap idea was going to work for me but I have found it to be very comfortable and well thought out. It goes on quickly and comes off just as fast. There is a waist strap for extra security. I think unless you run into some one who is "tactically aware" no one will think twice about some nerdy looking guy and his book bag-except I work down in the hood.
whistle.gif

To the OP, check your PM.

The Monsoon Gearslinger, in some ways, is a superior design to the standard backpack. The "bounce" that frequently occurs when slinging a standard pack over one shoulder isn't an issue with the Monsoon Gearslinger. Also, you can access your gear by rotating the Gearslinger around from your back to front without having to remove the pack. That feature alone can be very handy at times. The pack also incorporates molle webbing throughout, allowing for accessory pouches, etc., to be added. Finally, the material used is VERY durable & the stitching is strong & consistant. I have both a Maxpedition Condor II and Falcon II for personal use & both could pass as nearly new even though they're seen frequent usage.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am a Maxpedition dealer & am trying to get a Maxpedition Group Buy off the ground here on the 'Hide. If you're interested, I could help you procure one of these packs at a great price!

Best of luck.
Ceylon
deltaoutdoorsman.com

Any type of sling set up I would be hesitant in use for hiking.

Sling type bags are great for situations where you won't be carrying anything, especially a heavy load, for a long period of time. Otherwise I would go with a true backpack to distribute the weight more evenly.

I use one everyday for work. I normally carry my duty gear (cuffs/spare ammo etc),stream light, netbook, pad and pen, digi camera, radio,phone,portable scanner etc.

It has enough pockets and storage space for almost anything. and if you need more you can always add a pouch here or there.

I beat the hell out of it and never had a worry yet, that's how well I think it is made.

The cons: weight distribution..you don't want to carry this on your shoulder for any lengthy period of time. Been there done...had a detail that lasted from 0600 to 2100 with a loaded bag. Not fun, my Oakley would've been a better choice that day.

Hydration: using a bladder with this thing for me was cumbersome, a bladder even half full doesn't let the bag sit comfortably at the angle it's in.

Other than that, I love maxpedition stuff.
Had a pic cant figure out where to host it to post it up, but you get the idea.