• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MCS-T4 Sako Quad 22 Trainer Pic Thread

Re: MCS-T4 Sako Quad 22 Trainer Pic Thread

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cruikshank</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is mine

GAP Desert Camo
20'' Lilja
Millett TRS-1

I'm going out Wed. to shoot.

I'm going to paint the barrel.

I cant decide wheather to paint action and scope or not.

I think the sunshade is a little much.....

IMG_2192.jpg

IMG_2194.jpg

IMG_2193.jpg

</div></div>

Damn Cruikshank, I knew I liked you for some reason.I have a 10/22 and a Marlin 25 .22mag we should hook up and kill some paper some time.

Tag.

Got the call tonight from my FFL that mine arrived. Unfortunately I'm 2k miles north of it. Will get pix up when I get home this weekend.

My FFL gets just as excited as I do when he sees another APA package show up for me.
laugh.gif

Another big thank you goes out to Jered, Dave, and Bill. I am most gracious for their quality of work, attention to detail, and willingness to deal with the headache and economics of these builds.

08-30-09001.jpg

08-30-09008.jpg

08-30-09004.jpg

wait till you shoot it. little teeny holes

not meaning to bring up a oldish thread but whats the going rate for non barreled action?? Ive looked around but info seems to be sparse on these

if anyone ever wants to find a new home for one.....PLEASE pm me!!!

My dealer still has 2 stock quads. one in LR and one in Mag. $509. PM me if I can help you out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VANANATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'm thinking I need one of these! VAN </div></div>

Find a stock Quad first, that's becoming the challenge unless you want all four barrels. Once you have the action in hand, pull out your Visa card and start making some phone calls:

Manners stock
Rimfire Technologies bottom metal and 20moa rail
PAI bolt knob
etc.

ok here's my two the first was built by Tom Manners and gap for Tom's Shot Show gun the second I built for a good friend who has now lost interest so when I hit 51 post the second one will be on the EE

novguns006.jpg

novguns003.jpg

Those are nice ^^ I have an A5 on order that should be here in Dec for my Quad. I'll be sure to post some pics.

Can someone give me links to PAI and Surge?

Did you end up putting the second one of these up for sale? What are you asking for it and what would it include?

yeah, all very, very nice rifles, if anyone is thinking about selling one, please let me know!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ADT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can someone give me links to PAI and Surge? </div></div>

I just ordered a Quad. This thing looks sweet! I also ordered the bottom metal and 20moa base from Rim Fire tech.

What does PAI stand for? How much are you guys paying for the Manners stocks?

Just out of curiosity, what is the advantage of having APA doing a Sako build? Can't one order all the parts and assemble? Or do they do work on the action?

I did my own and it turned out fine.

That being said I did have to send the action down the street to a local smith to have the USO rail installed properly (didn't trust myself for that part), and I believe APA also did some custom painting and threading of barrels, probably some other tweaking but I am too lazy to search for it and post it up for you.

-pd

Rimfire Tech. bottom metal
McM A5 GAP camo, 1 stud, 4 flush cups
Lilja barrel finshed @ 21"
APA bolt knob
Falcon Menace 4-14X42
Seeekins Low rings
US Optics 20MOA base
US Optics swivel level
Harris 6-9 swivel-notched, W/pod-loc
Tac Ready stock pack
Larry Gish re-worked trigger
2epoio4.jpg

Check on page 4 of the rimfire section. JrV posted a price breakdown of his sako trainer. I went the 40X route. Ive got about $1900.00 tied up in the scope,rifle, rings etc.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gafferq2xl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rimfire Tech. bottom metal
McM A5 GAP camo, 1 stud, 4 flush cups
Lilja barrel finshed @ 21"
APA bolt knob
Falcon Menace 4-14X42
Seeekins Low rings
US Optics 20MOA base
US Optics swivel level
Harris 6-9 swivel-notched, W/pod-loc
Tac Ready stock pack
Larry Gish re-worked trigger
2epoio4.jpg
</div></div>

Nice, I like that one.

I've posted mine on the site before but i never did add it to this thread so here it is...

PC260131.jpg

CIMG0432.jpg

CIMG0441.jpg

Sako Quad
McMillan A5
Lilja 22lr barrel
RT bottom metal
RT 20moa rail
RT bolt knob
Seekins 30mm rings
Falcon 4-14x44
M1a mag body
Larry Gish trigger

I am in the proccess of building a sako quad trainer, my question is: Is there not enough clearance to coat the bolt? I noticed everyone pictured in this thread were left stainless. Just curious, I dislike anything shiney on my rifles.