• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Mega 308 barrel

SICARIO

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2010
Oregon, USA, etc.
Just got a MEGA 16" 308 barrel for my MATEN. took it to the range yesterday to test the sub MOA accuracy Guarantee with match grade ammo. I'm very happy so far, I wish my bolt action 308 that I've done so much work to was doing as well as the AR I bolted together.

This was the 4th 5shot group this barrel has shot. The first groups were just to sight it in.

100yrds, 175smk LC Match
0.789MOA
SNAG-0512_zpsfc9a5a14.png

ajy5esas.jpg
subemu6y.jpg

Last edited:
WOW! Do you know who makes blanks for MEGA barrels? I am considering MEGA 18 barrel now

WOW! Do you know who makes blanks for MEGA barrels? I am considering MEGA 18 barrel now

From what I've been able to find out, it's Bergara Barrels (which Ed Shilen was consulted with to start up) , of course not confirmed by Mega. What I was most interested in was an accuracy guarantee. I had a rough time with my last barrel, so I was very happy to see the initial accuracy from this one. Now time to start load development....

Last edited:
Thanks a lot, will pull the trigger on 18''

You might consider going with a 20" and cutting it back to 18" to get the rifle length gas system.

.308's seem to run better with longer gas systems and unfortunately manufacturers haven't caught on to that.