• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Metric Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what do we call someone who unknowingly turns out a job with machining mistakes because he's too arrogant to check his work? Not saying that you routinely turn out jobs with mistakes, but since you said you don't check your work, the implication is there that it happens from time to time.

A DUMBASS!

I check my work every step of the way. I just don't see the need to testfire a rebarrel.

I check my work every step of the way.

Really? So you never wrote "That's one of the beautiful things about machining. If you know what you're doing you don't need to check your work"?

Oxymoron much?

Ready...?

rollins.jpg

Really? So you never wrote "That's one of the beautiful things about machining. If you know what you're doing you don't need to check your work"?

Oxymoron much?

This would be a good catch if they were on the same topic. The above statement regards thread alignment.

"I check my work every step of the way." refers to part fitting. (ie; thread fit and headspace) You kind of have to do that with manual machines.

I'm thinking this whole thing is staged. The gunsmithing forum here has been really dry for about the last year or so. The tech has dried up so something was needed to bring viewers to this forum :D

This would be a good catch if they were on the same topic. The above statement regards thread alignment.

"I check my work every step of the way." refers to part fitting. (ie; thread fit and headspace) You kind of have to do that with manual machines.

...and CNC machines. Personally, manual or CNC, I think it's good practice to check your work no matter what you are doing if you are holding to a tollerance.

I'm thinking this whole thing is staged. The gunsmithing forum here has been really dry for about the last year or so. The tech has dried up so something was needed to bring viewers to this forum :D

a7Z1t.jpg

It isn't often that someone gets in an argument with the whole Internet, and three days later still thinks they're going to win. It does make for good theater, though...

[MENTION=4392]300sniper[/MENTION]

Cosmic balance of the universe...

For every win there will be a wang....

On a high note we all now know who to NOT buy a rifle from, or any firearm for that matter! :(

On a high note we all now know who to NOT buy a rifle from, or any firearm for that matter! :(

The high note that came from a group of elementary-aged kids playing recorders?

I wish this were true. I'm just an old has been hayseed with just enough knowledge to be dangerous trying to defend myself. I think I'm doing a pretty good job but since I'm a dumbass it's hard to tell. It's kinda hard to defend yourself against the mob with your hands/mind tied behind your back.

Jhnwtf? I won a long time ago. Enjoy the show though.

I wish this were true. I'm just an old has been hayseed with just enough knowledge to be dangerous trying to defend myself. I think I'm doing a pretty good job but since I'm a dumbass it's hard to tell. It's kinda hard to defend yourself against the mob with your hands/mind tied behind your back.

Really? Really? Really?!?!

Have you ever heard the phrase, "You are your own worst enemy", have you?

I just read this thread all the way. This RJB joker has got to be the most mindnumbing motherphucker on the internet.

I just read this thread all the way. This RJB joker has got to be the most mindnumbing motherphucker on the internet.

Bat shit crazy with a little senility on the side would be more accurate.

Great question p&p. I've always been kind of slow and getting worse. I'm not sure if I can come up with an answer but I'm working on it.

Not to worry about letting it die, I've been kind of busy looking for my house. When I find it I will try to answer Chad.

...and CNC machines. Personally, manual or CNC, I think it's good practice to check your work no matter what you are doing if you are holding to a tollerance.

This is absolutely true. I burn parts that are made with a variety of cnc equipment(lathes, mills, lasers, plasmas, etc). The machines are no better than the programmer/operator.

Then and than are different when signing too.

I know, sorry I couldn't fix that before posting it. I didn't make the image and the internet is full of mistakes with then/than, their/there/they're, to/too, effect/affect, bear/bare, break/brake, expresso, etc.

Forgive me?

Slop and Slope....

DAMN IT! I missed that. Why did I miss that?!?

Bat shit crazy with a little senility on the side would be more accurate.

..... I've always been kind of slow and getting worse. I'm not sure if I can come up with an answer but I'm working on it......

Where was all this self-deprecation and humility earlier?

Last edited:
A DUMBASS!

I check my work every step of the way. I just don't see the need to testfire a rebarrel.

How do you know the blank wasn't faulty to start? I've had high end blanks have unseen issues that only came to light in test firing.

Where was all this self-deprecation and humility earlier?

Oh, it was there. I just try hard to keep it from showing.

How do you know the blank wasn't faulty to start? I've had high end blanks have unseen issues that only came to light in test firing.

That's a diff ball of wax. 1 function test shot will not expose a bbl issue unless it is heat treating. Then I guess it could look like that cannon posted earlier. Fortunately that's one issue I have not come across. (so far)

DAMN IT! I missed that. Why did I miss that?!?

Probably because it was never a real issue to begin with, but rather just the infantile ranting of a small-minded man who got caught trying to use imprecise language in a discussion on precision and decided to double-down on his embarrassment. Normally I'd assume that such a person last operated machine tools in his junior-high shop class, but given that his education obviously failed to properly instruct him in the basics of language or rhetorical debate, it's a stretch to assume any background in even the most cursory elements of metalworking (much less metrology and GD&T).

Slop and Slope, when Edna Bryant speaks, we should listen! The old girl mixed up the word slop and slope, so badly she spent time explaining it on the board! Her female problems are such that a good dose of Midol doesn't calm her down, in fact I believe it makes her more irritable. Her demonstration of stupidity is multiplied each and every time she tries to defend her complete misunderstanding of the word slop. Edna is a bitter old woman, so I'll give her a break, there is nothing that can or will be posted here that will change her from the pontificating, pompous ass we have all come to know.

Hey pawprint,

Post up a picture of the gunsmithing that you've done. Come on - you're such a know-it-all, you must have done some really good work in the past. Go ahead - I'll wait.

^^Edna, calm down! You're a bitter old lady, you got caught pontificating, you mixed up the word slop and slope, now you're just showing your pompous ass! I'm sure you're an "old maid", as bitter old gals like you, seem to have nothing better to do than drink, get sloppy (not sloppy joes) drunk, and play on the computer. You're a piece of work-old drunk women living alone are just sad, maybe you get out more.

only dipshit i see in this thread is SUPRISE SUPRISE, penisprint. Your lame attempt of calling someone a woman wasnt even funny to begin and after the umpteenth post its still not, you're just making yourself look a schoolyard dumbass. Your OCD fix on the slop/slope shit makes you look like you are in fact the one with the hurt vagina, no one gives a shit nor does anyone give a shit if bryant in fact misused a word in some random thread across the internet. It's kinda funny really that you say these things because I'm pretty sure you're the one with the sloppy pussy that needs to get out into the sunlight more often.

only dipshit i see in this thread is SUPRISE SUPRISE, penisprint. Your lame attempt of calling someone a woman wasnt even funny to begin and after the umpteenth post its still not, you're just making yourself look a schoolyard dumbass. Your OCD fix on the slop/slope shit makes you look like you are in fact the one with the hurt vagina, no one gives a shit nor does anyone give a shit if bryant in fact misused a word in some random thread across the internet. It's kinda funny really that you say these things because I'm pretty sure you're the one with the sloppy pussy that needs to get out into the sunlight more often.

Enough gettin' nasty, guys. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!!!!!

I think we're all on here to learn, share or just for entertainment. This kinda crap doesn't fit either category.

^^Edna, calm down! You're a bitter old lady, you got caught pontificating, you mixed up the word slop and slope, now you're just showing your pompous ass! I'm sure you're an "old maid", as bitter old gals like you, seem to have nothing better to do than drink, get sloppy (not sloppy joes) drunk, and play on the computer. You're a piece of work-old drunk women living alone are just sad, maybe you get out more.

Bro, you really need some new material. Hopefully someone else will have a typo on a thread sometime soon to keep you busy for another few months. I think most of us can deciper from the posts whom we'd like on our trivia team and who'd be in the corner sticking boogers on the wall.

Hopefully someone else will have a typo on a thread sometime soon to keep you busy for another few months.

The really sad part about the obsessive ramblings of pawprint2 is that there was never a typo in the first place! Anyone who cares (hopefully no one) can start reading at post #62 in this thread:

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting.../197244-why-do-you-need-true-bolt-face-2.html

I'm still waiting for him to show us the precision rifles that he's built with all of his knowledge.

Bro, you really need some new material. Hopefully someone else will have a typo on a thread sometime soon to keep you busy for another few months. I think most of us can deciper from the posts whom we'd like on our trivia team and who'd be in the corner sticking boogers on the wall.
Hey bro, there was no typo whatsoever, l just the pompous ass Edna May Bryant - with her arrogant ramblings! The question was regarding how much slop on a bolt face was okay! Edna May threw a little fit-started rambling about sloppy joes for lunch etc., then in the fashion of an old maid, went on- in error-to define slop! She's a bitter old woman who thinks very highly of her self, in fact she believes she is more knowledgeable regarding the English language than the OED! Nonetheless, we are stuck with her! There is little doubt, when the great gunsmiths on this board have a problem-they call Edna May-in her mind anyway!

HOLY FUCK. Do any of you have anything better to do? I've been getting notifications for this thing since day one. We all know y'all think RJB is a twat, so can we just leave this abortion of a thread alone and maybe do something productive?

Sent from GS3 Synergy

^^I guess I'd ask you the same question, however; your post-asks and answers it, all at the same time! God Bless.

Sage advice I recieved from my father when I was younger:

Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Nobody is worthless. You can always use them as a bad example.

Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Nobody is worthless. You can always use them as a bad example.

Well said. Game changer for sure.

WAIT A MINUTE! does your building have a star on the front? Sign reads "red jacket firearms"

Nope, mine says, KEEP OUT ;-) BTW, RJF is in LA

Never argue with an idiot.

Heh Heh Heh,

Damned shame he didn't teach you how to identify one while he was at it;-)

Nope, mine says, KEEP OUT ;-) BTW, RJF is in LA

Heh Heh Heh,

Damned shame he didn't teach you how to identify one while he was at it;-)

I won't argue, you got me.
FYI He did, and I can recognize one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.