• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Might have to sell my rifle.

Clamber

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2010
Utah, USA
It's not a certainty yet, but my mom is having some money problems and I might need to help. If so, my rifle stuff will be on the chopping block unfortunately.

I've only had it since November and it only has 40 rounds through it. It's a Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD.

I assume I could get the most if I sell things separately?

It has:
Super Sniper 10x42 Scope
EGW 1 Piece Base
Burris Medium XTR 30mm Rings
Harris 6-9" Notched/Swivel Bipod
Eagle Stock Pack

If I do end up having to sell it, how much should I ask for each component? What about all together?

Hopefully I don't have to but I just thought I'd get an idea just in case.

Thanks.

Re: Might have to sell my rifle.

Good on you for trying to help your Mom!

Look around the for sale section for comparable rifles similarly equipped. Also GunBroker should give you an idea of the auction prices.

Not sure what the AAC set up adds but the rifle, base, rings, scope bipod and pack should be in the $1400.00-$1700.00 range give or take.

Nothing else to cash in on? What about all that Gold stashed in the backyard?
laugh.gif

Good luck.

price depends on how much it has been shot. If you have correctly broken it in to maintain it's box value moa and have =/> than 1000 rounds through it, I wouldn't offer more than COST - 15% Devaluation for the system. Over 1k rounds, COST - 20%

Unless your SS scope is an HD model, I think the $1400-1700 is pretty optomistic, but really it is what someone is willing to pay for it, so YMMV.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Clamber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's not a certainty yet, but my mom is having some money problems and I might need to help. If so, my rifle stuff will be on the chopping block unfortunately.

I've only had it since November and it only has 40 rounds through it. It's a Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD.

I assume I could get the most if I sell things separately?

It has:
Super Sniper 10x42 Scope
EGW 1 Piece Base
Burris Medium XTR 30mm Rings
Harris 6-9" Notched/Swivel Bipod
Eagle Stock Pack

If I do end up having to sell it, how much should I ask for each component? What about all together?

Hopefully I don't have to but I just thought I'd get an idea just in case.

Thanks.
</div></div>

You are a lot better off getting a part time job than giving up what you've already spent your money on. You'll lose money selling the rifle. You'll make money working another job and you can probably even take some tax credit/deductions if the money goes for medical. Offsetting any extra tax burden.