• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Millet 6-25x56 VS SWFA Fixed 16

SOE_technician

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2013
Boro/Nash
Hello SH,

So I am looking to get a budget scope but still want something that will help me with LRP out to 1000 yds I have seen both of these on Sample List and they have good reviews most times. The millet is more "powerful" but is SFP the SWFA is fixed but its a SS model and ppl rave about them . So opinions between these two scope choices?

I do not have one nor ever used one of the SWFA scopes although, like you, have read good reviews of them. I do have 3 of the Millet scopes and think that they are pretty good, especially for the price. I have one on a Savage 22-250 varmint gun that easily shoots under 1/2 MOA, another on a bull barrel AR that normally shoots right around 1/2 MOA, and the third is on a 110BA 338LM that again has held up to the recoil and shoots in the 1/4 MOA range on a good day (me...not the gun or scope). Glass is pretty good and clear...running box drills, the scopes seem repeatable and pretty close to the 1/4 MOA clicks. Hope that helps some.

thanks, yea just really on the fence since I have never owned either brand. Also curious if you still have the same POI when on different power settings? I know is SFP so all the talk I hear is that it can change things a bit plus make milldots inaccurate. you noticed this?
This will be going on my SAVAGE FCP-SR 5R in 308.

power changes seem to have very little to no affect on POI on MY SCOPES, although that variable is a possibility with any variable power scope. As far as changing milldots size....find out what power they are regulated for and it's simple math after that. The nice thing about shooting long range is that time is on your side.

power changes seem to have very little to no affect on POI on MY SCOPES, although that variable is a possibility with any variable power scope. As far as changing milldots size....find out what power they are regulated for and it's simple math after that. The nice thing about shooting long range is that time is on your side.

Agree did your LRS say what power its mildots were accurate at. they have this scope on sample list fo 350 with rings and sunshade and butler creek caps. so im sorta on the fence of what to do lol

My latest scope on the 110BA are at 12.5, I'm not sure about the other two...they are older scopes and thought they were at 25, but I could be wrong about that, but I am very sure my latest IS 12.5

I have the ss 16x scope, 2 millett trs-1's and 1millett lrs, the mil setting for my lrs is 12.5x. I believe them all to be very good quality scopes for the money and haven't had any problems with any of them. the millett lrs power ring took some use before it started to loosen up, brand new it was stiff to turn.
you couldn't do wrong with any of these! just MO.

I have the ss 16x scope, 2 millett trs-1's and 1millett lrs, the mil setting for my lrs is 12.5x. I believe them all to be very good quality scopes for the money and haven't had any problems with any of them. the millett lrs power ring took some use before it started to loosen up, brand new it was stiff to turn.
you couldn't do wrong with any of these! just MO.

Very cool so you actually own both that im wondering on. do you have a preference?

I have the TRS-1, not the same I know. I like much about it for a budget optic. My two gripes are the feel of the turrets (it always feels like I'm breaking something) and the fact that the stupid reticle is no accurate at max power. It's a 16X scope, and the reticle is calibrated at 10X. Stupid. Aside from those two things, they are quite a value.

Mine has been on my .22 trainer for years and has been very good. The dials get spun a lot, and it tracks very well. I used a SS 10X for a while, and it was also decent. Nothing special, but decent.

Very cool so you actually own both that im wondering on. do you have a preference?

not really, moved them all around on different guns until I decided I had them mounted where I like them. the lrs is on my 6.5creedmoor which I shoot out to about 550-600yds and the ss16x is on my 243ackley improved. what ever gun I want to shoot at the time is my favorite scope! the clarity on them is about the same, I can't distinquish which is better but then again i'm 60!

I personally will never have a Millett again. I had one for a whole stinkin day... sold it. SS scopes are a great value, super tough, great tracking, good glass, superb warranty. I have owned several of them over the years, and currently have 3. I will eventually be back into a 5-20HD, but the funds will have to accumulate a bit more.

SS10X - Hunting
SS16X - Target

DK

I cant comment on the Millet but I know 2 guys that have the 10X and 20X SS. Ive shot witht he 10X before. Great scope for the money. If you want to range something and actually use the Mildots, you cant beat this scope.

I personally will never have a Millett again. I had one for a whole stinkin day... sold it. SS scopes are a great value, super tough, great tracking, good glass, superb warranty. I have owned several of them over the years, and currently have 3. I will eventually be back into a 5-20HD, but the funds will have to accumulate a bit more.

SS10X - Hunting
SS16X - Target

DK
I am looking hard at the 16 X SS I will be using is for multi purpose long range hunting and target nothing close then 200yds and out to 1k if given the opportunity. But mostly inside of 800 . you feel it is versatile enough for those demands in ur experience with it

Hearing some pretty hard reviews on millet so they are out. so SS 16X or Perhaps a falcon menace 4-14x50 first focal place but again heard mixed things on them and i dont know if i have ever heard anything bad on SWFA . Otther then ppl saw its to dark the 16x. But understand I am moving up form a nikon 3x9x40 any move up will be huge to me and i have shot it out to 650 and it has a standard crosshair so moving up is all good for me lol

i got a millett trs and i like it had all the features i wanted and its just for paper punching and hunting , price was 299 cant beat it

SO I have made a few trips to the local Gun Store and looked at all kinda of Optics FFP , SFP , Leupold, Vortec, Weaver .... And I as I feel certain many others am having a hard time trying to figure this out. And the more I increase my knowledge and understanding of optics more difficult its gets. But I have been made to understand a pretty common occurrence, get a 2-10 it always is on 10, 4-14 always on 14 etc etc... I even did with with my 3x9nikon I sold to help add money for the move up. So Being as I was on a very lower end optic anything will be a move up. Based on price and the Philosophy of use on my Savage 10 FCP SR 22 in heavy contour which will be for long range precision skill development and hunting I believe I am looking at the SWFA SS line and between the the 10x 12x and original looked at 16x. The price is soo good on these on SWFA and to many good words on them to look over them . I do realize this isnt top tier but on this firearm I do not "need" a USO , NF, etc. I live in TN and longest shots will be 800 maybe 1K every blue moon but primarily within 500. SOOOO helpful words and opinions. Myself after handling a 10 12 & 16 I think a 12 would work well but of course more is cool in a 16X but is it impractical. please let me know thanks a ton SH

I have a 16X SS mil/mil on a 22-250 and have nothing but good things to say about it, I shoot out to 600 yards
with a 40 gr bullet and nail the 10" plates, if the bullet holds together. :rolleyes:

I have a 16X SS mil/mil on a 22-250 and have nothing but good things to say about it, I shoot out to 600 yards
with a 40 gr bullet and nail the 10" plates, if the bullet holds together. :rolleyes:

Very cool you hunt much with it? Had some one bring up the idea that perhaps 16X would be difficult to use to hunt if some were to close but I cant remember my last shots on a creature close then 100-200 because I hunt for the shot as much as the meat. also like the class and eye relief ?

Mostly bow hunt and shoot long range for fun and the challenge of reloading, however I have helped a lot of prairie dogs make it to the other side with this scope.
If you wanted to hunt while stalking it would be a challenge on the other hand, laying on a mat or a hill calling in coyotes no problem.

Yea I want 16x but I think 12 will do all I need and I can spend money on high end optics after the holiday . I hear many say the 10x and 12 x are good out to 1000m +

Yea I want 16x but I think 12 will do all I need and I can spend money on high end optics after the holiday . I hear many say the 10x and 12 x are good out to 1000m +

Very true, 3X9 has been the go to hunting scope for as long as I can remember, it would be nice if there was a range around you that
you could try a couple of different options, when I go out theres always someone that wants to check out my stuff and I am more then
happy to let them shoot a couple of rounds.

Ok So MY SWFA 12x42 is on the way to my with sundshade and SWFA tac 30 mm rings which are my questions anyone tried these rings before I didnt figure they were bad and if they arent great i cant get more If i dont like them but all SWFA stuff gets such high review I figured these probably worked well too. anyone had them ?

great choice man , i had the same problem a while back and someone told me that you have to look throuhg the optic cuz everyones eyes are diffrent, hope everything works out for ya bro