• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

* - Mini Windrunner - Nemesis Arms Model 06

RollingThunder51

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2009
U.S.A.
I contemplated adding the following on to the thread concerning tspearsrph’s experience as of late with his Mini Windrunner, but felt that his message of top flight customer service should stand alone, and as such, I’ll start fresh.

I promised you people some shots of the mini windrunner, the Nemesis Arms Model 06. I’ll make good on that promise tonight. First, as to why the delay. Why? Because all I had with me was what was on the cell phone and those shots weren’t worth posting. Too bad they came out so poorly as there were some great shot of Bill Ritchie and David Ives together at last weekend at the Crossroads Show in Phoenix.

Still I like the look of the two of them somehow in this shot. So, in its original form, here they are. The results? Yes, I know, I’ll get a better shot of the two of them again in mid March.

ASGOODASITGETScopy-1.jpg

A shot this poor requires some form of penance. Two Hail Marys and at least a dozen more better shots….at least. So be it.

To begin, finally, some good shots of the new Nemesis Mini Windrunner, the Model 06.

Picture029cropped.jpg

Here, in David Ives hands, is the new model.

IMG_1903.jpg

IMG_1904.jpg

IMG_1902.jpg

For those that have seen the early variants, we can already see some changes. Many discussed in the earlier thread, the new trigger, the new bipod, the new barrel, the new stock system, etc., etc. All still representing the collaboration of what is now Bill and his son’s work and that of David’s. With parents like the M96 and the M98, just what were expecting the kid to look like and act like? Weighing in at just over 11 pounds and able to be packed away in a 20” bag, it has a mass to it that defies the Spartan “if it doesn’t do something important, it isn’t there” look. Its a look that won't appeal to everybody. But, to some, its the kind of rifle that makes you stop in your tracks, stare for awhile, ask to handle it, get a chance to shoot it and then, go away to start selling anything, hell everything else to buy one.

IMG_1905.jpg

Over the next few weeks, we will go through the shop and look at the various operations that provide the components for this rifle. Its a great opportunity to see a rifle system, a fully engineered platform come to life. Each part, with the exception of the trigger (Jewel) is made as a proprietary part of this rifle. The result is 3" at 600 yards and 6.5" at 900 yards. The targets are coming in now and we will post them here as well. Enjoy.

IMG_1915.jpg

IMG_1914.jpg

IMG_1926.jpg

IMG_1925.jpg

Please ask any questions you might have about this rifle and I'll see if I can get the answers posted here.

Hopefully, we will all find it interesting.

Re: Mini Windrunner - Nemesis Arms Model 06

Nice, I like it. I had been hearing about these a while back, and I'm pleased to see it now. Sadly I can't afford one, lol, but it's definitely a consideration for the future. Awesome.

Some say an accurate rifle begins and ends with the barrel. Others say that if you get the barrel right, you only have to true and square the action, and that means insuring that at least 85%+ of the contact surface area of the bolt’s locking lugs contact the locking surfaces of the receiver perfectly. And then? Well, once that is done its time to true the front face of the receiver where it will meet up with the shoulder of the barrel. With everything true to the axis, one then only needs to be sure that the barrel to receiver facings are true when timed. And then? Its time to work on the face of the bolt, and the face of the receiver where the bolt will meet it. Hold that to .0005 and you are done…with that part and you can go back to the barrel and check if the chamber is correct and see if the crown is concentric and set to any number of proprietary angles to the bore and your done…and ready to check that the lapping was properly done. Its good to know that all that is left is tuning the trigger, bedding the action, and turning your attention to all that there is to know about building out your ammunition, matching it to your barrel's twist and setting it in properly to your chamber. And then? Just a life time of building your shooting skills. Some say an accurate rifle begins and ends with the barrel. It may, but between the “beginning” and the “ending” there is a great deal of work to be attended to. The barrel is a good place to start.

both_cals_logo_side_018.jpg

IMG_1931.jpg

The Nemesis barrel is produced by the same provider that makes all the barrels for the EDM family of arms as well. Whether it is one of the .50 cals, .338 Lapua, etc., they are all coming from Montana Rifleman of Kalispell, MT. Brian produces one heck of a product and of those products none are more unique than the take down barrels of the Windrunner family. It all starts with a 1.750” 4140 Chrome Moly blank that weighs in at 8.19 pounds per foot, and there would be 26 inches in that blank, making each barrel blank weigh in at almost 18 pounds! There are a number of different flavors of 4140, Montana uses a fine barrel quality steel that has a specific quenching and tempering applied to it before it gets to the shop. Whereas there is minimal stress when one drills and reams a barrel. When the button work begins on the rifling, Montana has to stress relieve the barrel in the furnace. The process ends with hand lapping before every barrel is inspected prior to being shipped to Nemesis.

One of the fundamental differences and most challenging tasks of the Windrunner product line is maintaining hyper accuracy with a rifle system that allows the operator to remove and replace the barrel at will. As we are all aware, the vast majority of accurate rifles are built following the guidelines set out in the first paragraph. One takes a properly prepared barrel and a properly prepared receiver and you put them together, permanently, at least until the barrel is shot out and worthless. The Windrunners go a different route, explicit in their design, their whole design, is that the barrel will perform as if it is permanently attached every time it is reattached! Not an easy task and one that distinguishes the tolerances allowable for Windrunners. Now, not everyone needs or wants to break their rifle down. That is completely understandable. Those people can find exactly what they need in accuracy in the Model 06 as they would in a full size product, but they wouldn’t require the break down features. Still, I encourage those people to read on as what is required to accomplish this feature is interesting.

For the M96 and M98, being able to break down a large caliber rifle allows for a much smaller transport, stowage or concealment package. For the Model 06 it is the same, only to an extremely small package. To provide for the breakdown feature, and insure that all the tolerances remain within spec over time, some operations not commonly found in accurate barrels come into play. The Nemesis rifle barrels are not threaded on the receiver end, rather the barrels are brought into concentricity to within one ½ of one thousand of an inch of the mating dimension provided by the receiver. Then the rear end of the barrel is hard chrome plated in a separate operation. This results in an extremely uniform and wear resistant 40 Rockwell equivalent surface. The hard chrome also insures that the disparate metals (4140 to 8620) and the resulting galvanic reaction are forever ruled out. Add to that an equally uniform receiver prepared out of an 8620 blank, and you have the required mating surfaces to insure accuracy, a perfect headspace and a super slick separation surface.

IMG_1937.jpg

The Nemesis muzzle is threaded 7/8 x 20 (5/8 X 24 optional) with a straight flat crown that is formed by using a specially made boring bar that starts in the emptiness of the center of the bore and then works to draw the radius to the outside of the barrel. The results are a perfectly concentric and finished crown. For those than anticipate using a suppressor, there are a number of ways to go. Because of the unique step back on the barrel, suppressors that require a two point support contact can use both the muzzle threaded surface and the 20 degree chamfer of the barrel’s step. Nemesis is also working on a new project with Elite Iron of Montana for a special suppressor designed exclusively for the Nemesis platform.

With that, you have learned just about all there is no know about the Nemesis barrel system except for one more point. If you can take it apart, you can swap it out. That means that one simply undoes the barrel nut and you can drop in a new barrel, all headspaced, threaded for your break and ready to rock. Twist rate in the .308 is 1 in 10 with 6 lands and 6 groves to stabilize heavy bullets. In less than a minute, by swapping out the barrel and bolt, you can go from .308 to .338 Federal to .243 Winchester to .260 Remington, etc. etc.

IMG_1930.jpg

IMG_1932.jpg

Up next, How do you take a solid block of 8620 and end up with one of the most unique, precise and accurate receivers in the industry?

IMG_1897.jpg

This is great stuff...keep it coming!

The first thing I noted was the ambi cheek piece, good thinking, well thought out. My EDM 408CT Windrunner is set up for righties which sucks because I'm a lefty. Not a problem if you order but mine is a second hand. Again not a problem if you want to shell out $500+.

Mark S,

I’m David Ives of Nemesis. I’ve got good news, great news actually, and bad news.

First the good news, I read the Snipers Hide threads regularly. I don’t know where you got the “$500+” number but, your cost is $75.

You will be getting the ambi GenII units produced for your exact rifle. It’s the last one I have in house and it’s yours.

Just send me yours (head to the web site for address) and I’ll swap it out and return it to you pronto.

On that subject, if anybody owns one of the my rifles and needs help, I want to hear about it. Either you are totally satisfied with your Nemesis, or I have work to do.

The bad news, the GenII stocks are not the GenIII stocks now shipping with the newest version of the Nemesis. Whereas the GenII is a superb stock, we have taken the rear to a whole new level. The new version is totally reworked in aluminum that is machined by me, in house here. There are 60 of them in process right now, in the final phase, anodizing. They are all going out with the 60 rifles I’ve got to get ready for deliver by June.

I hope this helps, again, I’m David Ives (909-520-5636) if you own one of my rifles and need support, call.

Active Duty, Law Enforcement & Veterans receive special assistance.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: David@Nemesis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mark S,

I’m David Ives of Nemesis. I’ve got good news, great news actually, and bad news.

First the good news, I read the Snipers Hide threads regularly. I don’t know where you got the “$500+” number but, your cost is $75.

You will be getting the ambi GenII units produced for your exact rifle. It’s the last one I have in house and it’s yours.

Just send me yours (head to the web site for address) and I’ll swap it out and return it to you pronto.

On that subject, if anybody owns one of the my rifles and needs help, I want to hear about it. Either you are totally satisfied with your Nemesis, or I have work to do.

The bad news, the GenII stocks are not the GenIII stocks now shipping with the newest version of the Nemesis. Whereas the GenII is a superb stock, we have taken the rear to a whole new level. The new version is totally reworked in aluminum that is machined by me, in house here. There are 60 of them in process right now, in the final phase, anodizing. They are all going out with the 60 rifles I’ve got to get ready for deliver by June.

I hope this helps, again, I’m David Ives (909-520-5636) if you own one of my rifles and need support, call.

Active Duty, Law Enforcement & Veterans receive special assistance.
</div></div>

David, I need to edit my post. I was referring to my EDM 408 Windrunner cheek piece not your mini's. Sorry for the confusion, thank you for the offer. Mark S

+1 for David I have had several 30 - 45 min plus talks over the phone with him. He is a very nice guy and he is 100% behind his rifle. Allways looking to please and go a little out of his way.

Just Shoot,

Thank you for the good words, if you own a Model 06 I would like to send you some targets. After you shoot your best 5 shot groups send them to me an I will post them on our web site.

David
Nemesis

Mark S,

Sorry, that it did not work out. I meant it though, and if you are interested in the Mini please let me know.

The Mini is set up for ambi shooting and we have had good feedback from left hand owners.

Thanks for the update,

Nemesis Arms

Have you guys thought about making a free floating rail so the operator could attach a UNS and laser device to the weapon. I don't know much about the windrunner but it looks like you could machine a rail similar to the Knights Armament URX to attach to the weapon. I would buy one in a heartbeat if you could do this.

Would it be easy to get a mini Windrunner with a Surefire muzzle break so I could run a 7.62SS suppressor?

The Nemesis and the UNS/MUNS/DUNS systems.

The Nemesis provides two (2) solutions:

For those that want to pack their rifles and NV seperately, Nemesis provides a secondary full length picatinney that attaches to the original picatinney and extends far ahead. This unit allows for a large format day scope, the UNS/MUNS/DUNS and a transition wrap.

For those that will dedicate their Nemesis to NV, Nemesis removes the original picatinney and mounts a permanent extended picatinney platform. Pack length is extended an additional 22" (Versa-Pod to the front).

Laser designators; Two answers again. First is a secondary mount on the flats above the engraveing on the receiver. Second is a custom sub mount to the extended rail.

Note: Whereas Nemesis could do what many do, that being a secondary barrel mounted mount (permanent), Nemesis would need to use the nonfluted barrel and that would add an additional six (6) weeks to delivery.

As to your second question, Surefire. Nemesis routinely provides for any number of threads and dimensional changes. The last was a 16" .308 with a simular request for a mid range system.

Very cool threads on the Nemesis, thanks for posting, I've been reading them all-

Shawn

man, this would look great next to my edm model 98

Re: * - Mini Windrunner - Nemesis Arms Model 06

Hello, this is David Ives again.
A number of you have mentioned on these threads and called the shop to see if I would provide a group buy for the Sniper’s Hide.
The answer is yes, but I can only do it for a total of five, maybe seven rifles, and only one time for the foreseeable future.
All the rifles would be delivered in June and would follow the specifications set for the first delivery.
All would be a .308 in standard barrel length with 7/8 x 20 threading at the muzzle. Obviously, no optics are included.

A new Nemesis .308 - $3,850 value
A new Nemesis brake - $175 value
Two Magazines (usually comes with one)– Extras are a $75 value
Your choice of Briefcase or Backpack – a $175 value

Before Sniper’s Hide discount this package come in at $4,275.00

Sniper’s Hide group buy (all five rifles must be purchased), price is $3,750.00 – A savings of over $500.

I would ask that nobody get upset if the five rifles go fast and somebody gets left out.
I would imagine that I might have two more, but will not know until mid April.
I will ask for a deposit to hold each of the five rifles.
The only fair way to do this is to have anybody ready to commit call me at the shop and I will keep a formal list.
When you call, you must mention that you are part of the Sniper’s Hide group buy when you pay the deposit.
I am getting a lot of calls and do not want to disappoint anybody down the road when they here that I did this one time.
I will collect seven names, last two will have to wait another month, and when we come to the end, please understand.
All rifles would be delivered by June that is a firm, no nonsense commitment on my part already.
If you want Delrin caps, the other type of case or extra Mags that would be extra.

David Ives
Nemesis Arms
909-520-5636

Re: * - Mini Windrunner - Nemesis Arms Model 06

David here, just wanted to say thanks to everyone here at Snipers Hide. Over the last 24 hours you guys have kept me very busy. I currently have full deposits on 4 Nemesis model 6 rifles and another 4 of you have shown continued interest.

For those that truly want to take advantage of this pricing, please do resolve yourselves. As I told you guys on the phone, I will honor this up 8 finished rifles, because I do not want to disappoint anyone.

You guys are going to love these rifles.

Thanks again.