• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Minox Zp5 5-25x56

Essentially a vortex warranty except right now they are non-transferrable warranties; however, if you see CStactical's prior posts this is being worked on.
That sounds good, I've always bought Leupold and Vortex primarily because of the no bs warranty that I've had to use a couple of times. This will be my first high end scope excluding a Leupold mk6 3-18 I gave to my brother last year.

Essentially a vortex warranty except right now they are non-transferrable warranties; however, if you see CStactical's prior posts this is being worked on.

Anyone have any dealings with the customer service? Just some opinions on if it's as good as vortex or not. Thanks

Better to have it and not need it, than to not have it and say oh shit.....

I got a visit from BrownTruckaclaus a little bit ago, and he delivered my ZP5 5-25. Based on a VERY brief (less than a minute... tough to explain playing with a rifle scope in the office) fondling of it, I am really happy with the weight. First impression is that the glass is pretty damned good. First impression on the controls is that the windage offers nice clean clicks, but that the elevation going into (and out of) the 2nd rev is pretty tight. Like, "damn, I really hope I'm not fucking anything up" tight. I turned through it a few times, and will continue to play with it to see if it loosens up. Overall impression is pretty positive, but like I said, I had a very brief time to play with it before caution got the better of me and I put it away.

I'll try to play with it some more this evening, and will post up with my thoughts. Thanks to the team at CS Tactical for a great deal! :)

Update- I got a chance to play with the scope a bit more yesterday evening after work, and after fiddling with it some, the transition into the 2nd rev on the elevation knob has indeed smoothed out a bit. It could also be that I'm getting used to it, but either way, I don't see it being much of an issue in practice. Looking across the field behind my house at a tree line about 300 yards away, I am very impressed with the glass in the Minox. The only thing that I had to compare it against was a 1st gen Cronus 4.5-29, and to my eye, the Minox was the easy winner (which it should be, at roughly double the price). In full daylight the difference wasn't as great as it was at dusk... again, this is to be expected, as relatively few scopes have problems in bright light. Nonetheless, the Cronus is no slouch in the image department, and it clearly "punches above its weight" in that regard, IMO. Back to the Minox, the knobs have very distinct, crisp clicks, with only the previously mentioned tightness transitioning in/out of the second rev as the second rev indicator is engaged. The MR4 reticle is fantastic, if a bit fine towards the bottom of the zoom range... this is something that's damned tough to balance on FFP scopes. It's not so fine as to be useless... unless you're trying to shoot for groups at 100 yards on only 5x (not something I would do, but hey... to each his own), I don't see it being a problem for most users. The Minox is definitely long (at least compared to the Cronus), but the weight is entirely livable. The whole thing looks and feels like the premium optic that it is. I hope to be able to compare it to a TT 5-25 within the next couple of weeks...

Last edited:
I got a visit from BrownTruckaclaus a little bit ago, and he delivered my ZP5 5-25. Based on a VERY brief (less than a minute... tough to explain playing with a rifle scope in the office) fondling of it, I am really happy with the weight. First impression is that the glass is pretty damned good. First impression on the controls is that the windage offers nice clean clicks, but that the elevation going into (and out of) the 2nd rev is pretty tight. Like, "damn, I really hope I'm not fucking anything up" tight. I turned through it a few times, and will continue to play with it to see if it loosens up. Overall impression is pretty positive, but like I said, I had a very brief time to play with it before caution got the better of me and I put it away.

I'll try to play with it some more this evening, and will post up with my thoughts. Thanks to the team at CS Tactical for a great deal! :)

You're very welcome, you'll be extremely pleased with it :cool:

welp, ill throw my 1st day with the Minox in here...got a 5-25 ZP5 w/ the MR4 reticle in yesterday from Oakland tactical...thanks to those guys getting it to my door in 2 days so i could have it for this weekend...swapped it out with my Gen 2 Razor thats been on my comp rifle for probably 2-2.5 yrs (was hard to do lol)...got it mounted and set up, no issues. Diopter adjusted fine (nice locking)...parallax moves smooth, illumination is very nice, reticle is awesome

elevation turret: clicks are very good...ive never been a huge fan of more than 10 mils per rev, but these feel good and tactile...i think once im used to them, it will be a non issue. Elevation turret turns smooth to about 13.5 mils, you can feel the inner cam engage, its noticeably stiffer (not terrible or hard at all, just stiffer) for about .5 mil and then its back to normal...issue? i wouldnt say so, its at 13.5 mils which ill rarely need...if im shooting something that far, itll likely be prone/slower fire anyways...u can even loosen the set screws that engage the inner stem and feel the cam/stiff part just spinning the turret freely...its there...curious to see if it lessens over time...i spun it back and forth about 10 times yesterday and didnt feel any change.

windage turret: nothing much here, it is stiffer than the elevation turret, but IMO thats a good thing...since they arent locking, i dont want that thing spinning on its own...its a windage turret, unless im swapping barrels, ill never touch it

tracking: i didnt mess with running a tall target test on it, i stuck up a bunch of paper @ 100 yds, threw dots all over it up to 7.5 mils apart...got it zero'd in 3 rounds (1 on dirt, 1 on paper, next in the bull) tracked right in...confirmed with some follow ups, no issues...then for the next 15 rounds or so i milled all of the dots from 1 specific aiming point, and dialed around to hit them while holding that one point...didnt miss any by more than 0.1 from the centers...some were 1/4" dots that i hit or barely missed, others were 3/4" dots that i hit center or tore the edges, every return to zero check hit a 3/4" dot...i have a match this weekend and a barrel with verified/known dope so ill be able to tell pretty quick if something is off at distance, i dont have any doubts it will be just fine

glass: at our local club ive owned/looked thru a pretty fair amount of high end scopes in the $1500-3k range...kinda have an idea of how things look on the target boards...the Minox was immediately, noticeably better than any other scope ive looked thru at the 100 and 200 yd targets except for a 5-25 Tangent...id call the Minox/Tangent too close to call here, id have to test further and under various light conditions to see any difference if there was some...with other scopes, seeing the tiny neon yellow writing and numbers on black shoot n see's, they dont give crisp edges...the bright yellow has a real small halo bloom effect around it...bullet hole edges arent crisp and defined...with the Minox, you could make out the edges of the small lettering easily...at 200 yds, you could see bullet holes and they were crisp on the edges, not just black spots...small blades of grass at 200, could pick out each blade and see the defined edges...there was no detectable CA at all looking at the edges of paper on the black backer board for my eyes and my buddy's...this weekend ill get it out further, but right off the bat, it was hands down clearer/more definition than my Gen 2 (and my Gen 2 is really good)...i let a buddy look thru it, and he saw the same things right away...we were both really impressed

after that first range trip, if the tracking proves to be on, the most important thing is durability/reliability...thats what i loved about my Gen 2...it was dead nuts on, for the entire 2+ yrs i had it mounted...never a hiccup at all, never a zero shift, tracking issue, nothing...it did its job very well...if the Minox lives up to that, this thing will be AWESOME...only thing left to do is take it to Rifles Only and start banging it off the culverts and mouse trap!

I'm the proud new owner of 2 Minox ZP5 5-25. I bought them from CSTactical and couldn't be happier with the purchase. Those guys know their stuff. If you're on the fence about any scope, like I was, just give them a shout and they can give you answers. I can't overstate what a pleasure it was to buy from them.

One of them is for my RPR 6.5, and the other is for a friend's 300 WM. Since I have two of them, I was able to compare both of them while off the rifles. I've only mounted and used one so far. Between the 2 identical scopes, the clicks have a barely noticeable difference between them. I wouldn't consider either of them to be mushy, but I did perceive one of the scopes to be slightly more crisp on the turrets.

Before zeroing either of the scopes, I did observe something that has been mentioned on this thread a couple times. The sight picture had a very crisp edge all the way around, but gets blurry toward the top. I didn't even call CSTactical because, as mentioned in this thread, i knew the erector was probably bottomed out and once I zero it, there would be no issues. I'm glad I didn't worry about it. Once I zeroed the ZP5 on my RPR 6.5 creedmoor, I got the perfect edge to edge clarity that so many people have learned to expect from this scope. For those curious, to get a 100 yard zero on my 20 MOA rail, with a Really Right Stuff 0 MOA base, I needed to dial up about 13 mils of elevation from the setting the scope shipped with.

Reactions: NoggieRed
I'm the proud new owner of 2 Minox ZP5 5-25. I bought them from CSTactical and couldn't be happier with the purchase. Those guys know their stuff. If you're on the fence about any scope, like I was, just give them a shout and they can give you answers. I can't overstate what a pleasure it was to buy from them.

One of them is for my RPR 6.5, and the other is for a friend's 300 WM. Since I have two of them, I was able to compare both of them while off the rifles. I've only mounted and used one so far. Between the 2 identical scopes, the clicks have a barely noticeable difference between them. I wouldn't consider either of them to be mushy, but I did perceive one of the scopes to be slightly more crisp on the turrets.

Before zeroing either of the scopes, I did observe something that has been mentioned on this thread a couple times. The sight picture had a very crisp edge all the way around, but gets blurry toward the top. I didn't even call CSTactical because, as mentioned in this thread, i knew the erector was probably bottomed out and once I zero it, there would be no issues. I'm glad I didn't worry about it. Once I zeroed the ZP5 on my RPR 6.5 creedmoor, I got the perfect edge to edge clarity that so many people have learned to expect from this scope. For those curious, to get a 100 yard zero on my 20 MOA rail, with a Really Right Stuff 0 MOA base, I needed to dial up about 13 mils of elevation from the setting the scope shipped with.

Glad you're another happy Customer! :cool:

Elevation turret turns smooth to about 13.5 mils, you can feel the inner cam engage, its noticeably stiffer (not terrible or hard at all, just stiffer) for about .5 mil and then its back to normal...issue? i wouldnt say so, its at 13.5 mils which ill rarely need..

I read somewhere that the folks in Germany include the stiff 2nd turn indicator purposely for US customer, with the understanding that we want it there... I sent my first ZP5 (an early one, SN 12x) back to Germany to rebuild the turret with less resistance at the 2nd turn, but it came back about the same. However, the clicks are much firmer, with zero mush, than when it went in, and it's even better than my newer ZP5 (MR4). With the rebuilt elevation turret, my rebuilt (MR2 reticle) ZP5 has the perfect detents IMHO. The effort to turn the elevation turret is 100% clicks, no o-ring drag, the windage has o-ring drag added for good measure.

Eventually I may send the newer ZP5 in if they can guarantee the turrets will have the same feel as the one they rebuilt, but it's good enough for now.

A friend with a TT looked through my Minox and suggested I should just save my money rather than upgrading to a TT.

I did recently get an S&B PMII at the new reduced retail pricing and even with it's inferior optics (did you ever think you'd hear that?) it's so f*@king good that I am again reminded how it was the scope that set the bar, and there are probably 10 scopes I can name off the top of my head that are now affordable and in the same league of performance. Good time to be in the optics market!

ddavis is LOL'ing because im 99.9% sure the Minox didnt make it thru the entire match at Rifles Only even tho i only dropped 3 shots all day and still won 1st (looking back after this past week/weekend of shooting)

i verified my zero a few days prior to the match when i mounted the minox, in Badger rings, shot like id expect...easy to zero, rifle shot great...verified it the day before the match again, hit a 1/2" dot 3/3 at 100 yds...verified dope from 300 to 1000 yds, hit everything with my previously known dope ive always ran...

the Mouse trap (2nd to last stage of the day)...its 5 shooting positions while crawling thru a tight "tree house" type structure and shooting thru windows and ports...its only 75 yds, and on paper, but high stress...ive shot the mouse trap enough, its no big deal...normally i have a nice tight 1/2 to 3/4 moa ragged hole group with maybe 1-2 flyers i rushed...sometimes its just a ragged hole the size of a nickel or so with 10-15 shots in it...

pretty sure it went down here----> anyways, first 2 positions (1 left handed, 1 right handed, 3 shots each), i shot back to back 2 cloverleaf groups, dead center on the 1.5-2" square (not exactly sure how big it was, it changes slightly all the time)...moved into positions 3-5 and still hit every round in the black, but each 3 shot group from each position opened up considerably...instead of cloverleaf, they were more like 1-1.5", using up the entire black scoring area of the paper...i just chalked it up to me rushing/time stress (even though ive shot the mouse trap about 10 times in matches the past year and never had that issue, blamed myself)

last stage of the day was a mini ipsc (45%) off culverts at 295 yds...target was not small, but you only had 60 seconds for 10 rounds from 2 different culvert positions...i cleaned that, but really a 2moa gun would have been fine here, it was a speed test more than accuracy...

the next weekend i had a match in oklahoma coming up...so the day before leaving i went and checked my zero again...it was .2 high and .1 left, and only shot about 1 moa (not typical for this barrel)...i only took a handful of rounds with me so i adjusted my zero, shot 3 more (again, not super tight, but they all clipped a 1" dot) and called it good, figured i just had an off day...should have checked into more HERE, it cost me at the match...

at the match, there was no zero check...first round was at 500 yds (this rifle/barrel combo has been shot and verified in matches with my gen 2 razor, the dope is on, it was also on with the Minox for the first range trip and the majority of the last match i shot with the Minox)...dope was about .15 mil high (wasnt exactly .2) but still on the 12" scoring plate...i held down .2 and scored 10/10 on the 12" plate...again, figured it was just me, moved on to round 2...700 yds...first shot was left (wind call, no call on height because no berm for a good spot)...2nd shot was .2-.3 high (hit the face plate right at 12 o clock above the 12" scoring plate), i sent another one with the same elevation hold...impacts 11 o clock next previous shot .2-.3 high above the scoring plate, again...so for the remainder of the 10 rounds string i held .2 low and impacted the 12" scoring plate with all 7 rounds in the upper half of the plate...that ended my match day, missed the 3rd round by 2 impacts...

once i got home from the match i went back out to check the 100 yd zero...'big surprise', .2 mil high again...rifle would not shoot tight like i was used to...3/4-1moa at best...i shot right handed prone, left handed prone, right handed bench, and let another shooter shoot it...all about 1 moa and .2 high...i tried for about 20 rounds to get a good zero, dial the turret up and down, multiple times and repeat and never could get it to stay on a 3/4" dot (normally not even a challenge with this barrel and my old gen 2 razor)....every time i thought i had it zero'd, did some more dialing around and shooting, it would shift around slightly...finally gave up and went home

next day i went to the range with another barrel (6.5 creed that i KNOW hammers, without a doubt)...screwed it on, and wasted about 15 rounds trying to zero with the minox...same thing, could not get the rifle to shoot POA consistent enough to get a true zero...i tried to shoot 2 on my zero setting, dial down .1, shoot 2 more, then dial up .1 from my zero and shoot 2 more...rounds hit randomly in the group, no trace of the .1s dialed up or down, there was no way i could fine tune a zero...at this point, mounts/rings had been rechecked and torqued...turret caps were checked tight...i could see some slight indention on the turret stem from the set screws so i didnt crank down tighter...took the Minox off...

remounted my gen 2 that was still in the spurh from when i took it off, reset the turret settings for my 6.5creed barrel (it was zero'd for my 6 slr when i took it off), and then proceeded to shoot 3 rounds into 1 ragged hole touching the left edge of a 1/4" dot...almost perfectly zero'd since it was shot last in April...i went to another dot, shot 2 into 1 hole, dialed up 0.1 shot 2 into 1 hole, dialed down 0.1 and shot 2 more side by side, touching holes...could clearly see the 0.1s dialed up/down...put my old 6 comp match barrel on, adjust the turrets again, and shot 10 rounds touching a 1/4" dot you could cover with a penny, rifle and barrels are fine and good to go...put the 6 slr barrel back on, adjusted the turret settings back to the correct zero, shot 3 rounds at 100 yds, again, perfect zero, nice little cloverleaf with all rounds touching on a 1/2" dot...then went out to the 1000 yd range, dialed my 500 yd dope and drilled a 5" diamond twice dead level, then went to 700 yds and drilled the 7" diamond twice, dead level...all matching my previous dope in my ballistic AE app, and kestrel...shot 50 more rounds throughout the evening from 400 to 1000 yds and impacted everything with the previous dope i knew was verified and good...missed some wind calls but didnt miss much at all

Called Minox yesterday and they were helpful, gave me no issues with sending it in to get checked out...the repair center is actually in San Antonio only a few hours from my house...ill update how it goes...kinda sucks because i REALLY like the reticle in this thing...the turrets are great, and the glass is easily better than my Gen 2...hopefully i just got a dud, or maybe overlooked something...really want this scope to work out, so we'll see how it goes

ddavis is LOL'ing because im 99.9% sure the Minox didnt make it thru the entire match at Rifles Only even tho i only dropped 3 shots all day and still won 1st (looking back after this past week/weekend of shooting)

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles... here's to hoping for a quick, fully functional repair that goes the distance for you!

i verified my zero a few days prior to the match when i mounted the minox, in Badger rings, shot like id expect...easy to zero, rifle shot great...verified it the day before the match again, hit a 1/2" dot 3/3 at 100 yds...verified dope from 300 to 1000 yds, hit everything with my previously known dope ive always ran...

the Mouse trap (2nd to last stage of the day)...its 5 shooting positions while crawling thru a tight "tree house" type structure and shooting thru windows and ports...its only 75 yds, and on paper, but high stress...ive shot the mouse trap enough, its no big deal...normally i have a nice tight 1/2 to 3/4 moa ragged hole group with maybe 1-2 flyers i rushed...sometimes its just a ragged hole the size of a nickel or so with 10-15 shots in it...

pretty sure it went down here----> anyways, first 2 positions (1 left handed, 1 right handed, 3 shots each), i shot back to back 2 cloverleaf groups, dead center on the 1.5-2" square (not exactly sure how big it was, it changes slightly all the time)...moved into positions 3-5 and still hit every round in the black, but each 3 shot group from each position opened up considerably...instead of cloverleaf, they were more like 1-1.5", using up the entire black scoring area of the paper...i just chalked it up to me rushing/time stress (even though ive shot the mouse trap about 10 times in matches the past year and never had that issue, blamed myself)

last stage of the day was a mini ipsc (45%) off culverts at 295 yds...target was not small, but you only had 60 seconds for 10 rounds from 2 different culvert positions...i cleaned that, but really a 2moa gun would have been fine here, it was a speed test more than accuracy...

the next weekend i had a match in oklahoma coming up...so the day before leaving i went and checked my zero again...it was .2 high and .1 left, and only shot about 1 moa (not typical for this barrel)...i only took a handful of rounds with me so i adjusted my zero, shot 3 more (again, not super tight, but they all clipped a 1" dot) and called it good, figured i just had an off day...should have checked into more HERE, it cost me at the match...

at the match, there was no zero check...first round was at 500 yds (this rifle/barrel combo has been shot and verified in matches with my gen 2 razor, the dope is on, it was also on with the Minox for the first range trip and the majority of the last match i shot with the Minox)...dope was about .15 mil high (wasnt exactly .2) but still on the 12" scoring plate...i held down .2 and scored 10/10 on the 12" plate...again, figured it was just me, moved on to round 2...700 yds...first shot was left (wind call, no call on height because no berm for a good spot)...2nd shot was .2-.3 high (hit the face plate right at 12 o clock above the 12" scoring plate), i sent another one with the same elevation hold...impacts 11 o clock next previous shot .2-.3 high above the scoring plate, again...so for the remainder of the 10 rounds string i held .2 low and impacted the 12" scoring plate with all 7 rounds in the upper half of the plate...that ended my match day, missed the 3rd round by 2 impacts...

once i got home from the match i went back out to check the 100 yd zero...'big surprise', .2 mil high again...rifle would not shoot tight like i was used to...3/4-1moa at best...i shot right handed prone, left handed prone, right handed bench, and let another shooter shoot it...all about 1 moa and .2 high...i tried for about 20 rounds to get a good zero, dial the turret up and down, multiple times and repeat and never could get it to stay on a 3/4" dot (normally not even a challenge with this barrel and my old gen 2 razor)....every time i thought i had it zero'd, did some more dialing around and shooting, it would shift around slightly...finally gave up and went home

next day i went to the range with another barrel (6.5 creed that i KNOW hammers, without a doubt)...screwed it on, and wasted about 15 rounds trying to zero with the minox...same thing, could not get the rifle to shoot POA consistent enough to get a true zero...i tried to shoot 2 on my zero setting, dial down .1, shoot 2 more, then dial up .1 from my zero and shoot 2 more...rounds hit randomly in the group, no trace of the .1s dialed up or down, there was no way i could fine tune a zero...at this point, mounts/rings had been rechecked and torqued...turret caps were checked tight...i could see some slight indention on the turret stem from the set screws so i didnt crank down tighter...took the Minox off...

remounted my gen 2 that was still in the spurh from when i took it off, reset the turret settings for my 6.5creed barrel (it was zero'd for my 6 slr when i took it off), and then proceeded to shoot 3 rounds into 1 ragged hole touching the left edge of a 1/4" dot...almost perfectly zero'd since it was shot last in April...i went to another dot, shot 2 into 1 hole, dialed up 0.1 shot 2 into 1 hole, dialed down 0.1 and shot 2 more side by side, touching holes...could clearly see the 0.1s dialed up/down...put my old 6 comp match barrel on, adjust the turrets again, and shot 10 rounds touching a 1/4" dot you could cover with a penny, rifle and barrels are fine and good to go...put the 6 slr barrel back on, adjusted the turret settings back to the correct zero, shot 3 rounds at 100 yds, again, perfect zero, nice little cloverleaf with all rounds touching on a 1/2" dot...then went out to the 1000 yd range, dialed my 500 yd dope and drilled a 5" diamond twice dead level, then went to 700 yds and drilled the 7" diamond twice, dead level...all matching my previous dope in my ballistic AE app, and kestrel...shot 50 more rounds throughout the evening from 400 to 1000 yds and impacted everything with the previous dope i knew was verified and good...missed some wind calls but didnt miss much at all

Called Minox yesterday and they were helpful, gave me no issues with sending it in to get checked out...the repair center is actually in San Antonio only a few hours from my house...ill update how it goes...kinda sucks because i REALLY like the reticle in this thing...the turrets are great, and the glass is easily better than my Gen 2...hopefully i just got a dud, or maybe overlooked something...really want this scope to work out, so we'll see how it goes

I am very interested in hearing how this scope performs after the repair and a good match or two.. I am thinking about selling my new gen 2 Razor for one of these because of the reticle, glass and shaved weight... Please keep us or me posted...

I am very interested in hearing how this scope performs after the repair and a good match or two.. I am thinking about selling my new gen 2 Razor for one of these because of the reticle, glass and shaved weight... Please keep us or me posted...

I'll report back how it turns out...I probably won't run it in a major match until it proves itself for a few months in some smaller ones though...never liked to give a thumbs up on reliability until it's been around the block...I've got 3 prs matches coming up in the fall that I'll most likely run my gen 2 for...or ill at least keep my gen 2 in my pack and swap it out mid match if I need to lol

Just received my ZP5 5-25 w/ the MR4 reticle. I won't have chance to do a side-by-side glass comparison with my 624i in the field for another week or so, but my initial impressions are good so far. I will say the ZP5's illumination is much weaker than the Kahles, so much so that I doubt it will be daylight bright. However, I don't envision using illumination unless it is low-light conditions. I also would give a slight edge to the Kahles on the turrets, which are a little more precise in terms of not overrunning an adjustment. The MR4 and the SKMR3 are so similar, its a wash with the Minox being ever so finer that it may be better for ELR, specially with the dots on the tree vs lines/hashes on the SKMR3. Hopefully mine does exhibit the issues noted about, and tracks true and returns to zero.

Mike,
You had mentioned that although Minox doesn't make a sunshade or ARD for the ZP 5-25, you knew of one that fit. Was it the PR or TT 5-25 ARD that fit? I really miss having either one on my scope as two different ranges I go to both have south-facing firing lines. As you can imagine, the volume of light is overwhelming given the sun angle. I've been getting by using the old duct tape slit for cutting down the light. Thanks

"The only thing new is the history you don't know."

Mike,
You had mentioned that although Minox doesn't make a sunshade or ARD for the ZP 5-25, you knew of one that fit. Was it the PR or TT 5-25 ARD that fit? I really miss having either one on my scope as two different ranges I go to both have south-facing firing lines. As you can imagine, the volume of light is overwhelming given the sun angle. I've been getting by using the old duct tape slit for cutting down the light. Thanks

I'm not positive but I think the sunshade for Kahles fits the Minox

Mike,

We've had a few Customers use the Kahles sunshade with success :cool:

I'm wondering why you can't give these away these days?? What happened?

Everyone wants the MR4 reticle, no one wants the MR2 and 5. That's what you're seeing in the for sale section. If any show up with the MR4 reticle they are gone faster than a twinkie at fat camp.

Everyone wants the MR4 reticle, no one wants the MR2 and 5. That's what you're seeing in the for sale section. If any show up with the MR4 reticle they are gone faster than a twinkie at fat camp.

The Christmas Tree Style reticles is not for everyone and every shooting situation but is easily the most popular for the shooting discipline that's mainly discussed here.

Quick update: received the replacement scope from Oakland Tactical today...can't say enough how badass it was of them to send another one out for me to use, unsolicited...way above and beyond IMO, awesome customer service...

Screwed my 6 comp barrel on I'm shooting in a little charity match this weekend...mounted it up and zero'd at 100...went perfect, burned 1 into the dirt, adjusted off the splash, sent the next one on paper, it was .2 high and .4 right, dialed that correction in and the next 3 punched out a 1/4" dot...some buddies at the range dialed my turrets all around and into the 2nd rev checking out the scope, then I continued shooting and dialing it around, milled some 1/4" dots and dialed them in...I shot about 15 more rounds dialing around at 1/4" dots...my shots were hitting them or impacting within a bullet width of all of them, returning to zero after each, and ended with a zero group I you could cover with a penny...every shot was going where it was supposed to so we'll see how it does this weekend at the match

Last edited:
Quick update: received the replacement scope from Oakland Tactical today...can't say enough how badass it was of them to send another one out for me to use, unsolicited...way above and beyond IMO, awesome customer service...

Screwed my 6 comp barrel on I'm shooting in a little charity match this weekend...mounted it up and zero'd at 100...went perfect, burned 1 into the dirt, adjusted off the splash, sent the next one on paper, it was .2 high and .4 right, dialed that correction in and the next 3 punched out a 1/4" dot...some buddies at the range dialed my turrets all around and into the 2nd rev checking out the scope, then I continued shooting dialing it around, milled some 1/4" dots and dialed them in...I shot about 15 more rounds dialing around at 1/4" dots, my shots were hitting or impacting within a bullet width of all of them, returning to zero after each and ended with a zero group I you could cover with a penny...every shot was going where it was supposed to so we'll see how it does this weekend at the match

Appreciate the updates!

Hope the replacement scope works well for you. I'm building my first Precision Rifle ( Defiance / Bartlein / KRG W3 ). I have a Razor Gen2 4.5-27x coming in, but this Minox really has my interest.

Screwed my 6 comp barrel on I'm shooting in a little charity match this weekend...mounted it up and zero'd at 100...went perfect, burned 1 into the dirt, adjusted off the splash, sent the next one on paper, it was .2 high and .4 right, dialed that correction in and the next 3 punched out a 1/4" dot...some buddies at the range dialed my turrets all around and into the 2nd rev checking out the scope, then I continued shooting and dialing it around, milled some 1/4" dots and dialed them in...I shot about 15 more rounds dialing around at 1/4" dots...my shots were hitting them or impacting within a bullet width of all of them, returning to zero after each, and ended with a zero group I you could cover with a penny...every shot was going where it was supposed to so we'll see how it does this weekend at the match

That's awesome man, looking forward to the report.. I just placed my order with CST for the MR4..

Thanks for the updates!! I'm still trying to decide between the Minox MR4 & the Kahles SKMR3. Decisions, Decisions!!

i looked at a skmr3 yesterday a buddy had out...i didnt like the mostly solid lines in the tree at all...maybe theres a reason for it?

i looked at a skmr3 yesterday a buddy had out...i didnt like the mostly solid lines in the tree at all...maybe theres a reason for it?

I would have to agree. Well, I say that I have only ever seen the SKMR3 in person. Looking at photos on the internet of the MR4 it looks like I may like it a little better. Did you get much time behind the glass or turrets on the Kahles? If so how'd they compare to your Minox

I would have to agree. Well, I say that I have only ever seen the SKMR3 in person. Looking at photos on the internet of the MR4 it looks like I may like it a little better. Did you get much time behind the glass or turrets on the Kahles? If so how'd they compare to your Minox

ive been behind a handful of them...i dont like kahles scopes much, the turrets are ok IMO, nothing that blows me away, the glass/image is too bright for my eyes, light colored objects in the sun almost wash out (white painted targets on white rock backgrounds, cant hardly see them if the sun hits them), CA is pretty bad on the ones ive seen...in fact 2 guys yesterday who hadnt seen a kahles looked thru it and thought the same thing about the image, neither were impressed...the minox seems much more natural and better definition, kind of hard to explain...i know some people love that bright glass or coating or whatever kahles has going, but im not a fan

This is not a negative post in anyway about the ZP5 but I put mine up for sale in the optics section if anyone wants a good discount. I've got scope ADD right now and kinda want to try a MIL-C reticle. For all I know I'll end up buying another one later down the road, but I have more scopes than rifles right now.

Thanks for the updates!! I'm still trying to decide between the Minox MR4 & the Kahles SKMR3. Decisions, Decisions!!

I've had both (well the SKMR not the SKMR3) but I will say the Minox ZP5 glass is much better to my eyes and I love the MR4 reticle. The Kahles is no slouch, but the Minox has better clarity, contrast and color than Kahles. The Minox really shines in low light, this is where many scopes ought to be tested, in ideal lighting conditions many scopes may appear to be on par but when the light gets low you can see the better scopes stand out.

I cannot seem to get the image to be as clear and crisp as any of my schmidts or even my NF 7-35. I've messed with the diopter Adjustment til it's as perfect as I can get it but when I look at paper targets down range during sight in I can see a lot of aberration. Also tough to get the parallax set and maintain a good image. Any help from users would be appreciated.

I cannot seem to get the image to be as clear and crisp as any of my schmidts or even my NF 7-35. I've messed with the diopter Adjustment til it's as perfect as I can get it but when I look at paper targets down range during sight in I can see a lot of aberration. Also tough to get the parallax set and maintain a good image. Any help from users would be appreciated.

not going to help you much, but the 2 ive had were easy to set up, and clear as it gets...no CA at all, to my eyes and a bunch of other guys...if its not, id think something was not right with the optic

Not been my experience with the two I have. Nor anyone who has looked and shot them.
Any distortion at all has to be a problem. These are phenomenal scopes.

19884281_1631818316860675_6586612540328895143_n.jpg

Yes we do! Follow the link below or call 916.670.1103 to order.
Minox ZP5 TAC 5-25x56 w/ MR4 Reticle http://bit.ly/2fklyoJ

Ran the Minox in another local match yesterday...was spot on all day, good enough for another win...any shots I missed, I knew I missed, when I broke the trigger...

If you're seeing a lot of chromatic aberration then something is seriously wrong, these scopes are the best at handling CA I have seen, better than Schmidt even. Sounds like you got a scope with a misalignment of the glass internally. Hopefully you bought from a reputable Hide dealer who would gladly take it back and send you a new one if it is all wonky, you shouldn't have to send a brand new $3000 scope overseas, this is why I support the Hide dealers because they are awesome with customer service.

Mine should be arriving this coming Friday, thanks to Richard at CST... This will be my first Minox, I hope it's all it's cracked up to be, and some. Really looking forward to the MR4 reticle also, I liked the Kahles SKMR3.. I am gonna really go over it with a fine tooth comb when it gets here before I mount it up just to make sure it's everything I want and meets expectations..

If you're seeing a lot of chromatic aberration then something is seriously wrong, these scopes are the best at handling CA I have seen, better than Schmidt even. Sounds like you got a scope with a misalignment of the glass internally. Hopefully you bought from a reputable Hide dealer who would gladly take it back and send you a new one if it is all wonky, you shouldn't have to send a brand new $3000 scope overseas, this is why I support the Hide dealers because they are awesome with customer service.

when i contacted Minox about sending mine in for repair, it went to San Antonio, TX...i thought it would be taking a trip around the world also, but was surprised