• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Minox ZP5s in PRS/NRL Competitions

I’ll just go get the bleach…

giphy.gif

1. The problem with the internet is that it can amplify one side of a potential issue, the supposed turrets not aligning was mainly (that I can personally verify) a user error from not following the directions on how to set the zero with ZCO's locking turret.

2. The inconsistent "feel" was not a QC issue, it was a rolling production change (a spring) due to user preference after the first batch was released.

3. You are correct, anything man made can and will have QC issues, but IMO ZCO's QC is some of the best I've seen in this industry with samples over 4 figures passing through my hands personally. I guess you and I see things differently on this, but I'm going off very large sample groups for the amount of scopes produced.
Yes, that is true about the internet and I try not to get caught up or promote but admit sometimes I do. My comment was not meant to infer that ZCO or anyone else has a QC "issue" just that QC items sometimes happen ☺️ What I've been most impressed about with ZCO is how quickly they've responded to anything, and how you can get on the phone and personally talk to someone from their company - that kind of customer service is rare but greatly appreciated within the industry.

• Love
Reactions: CSTactical
Yes, that is true about the internet and I try not to get caught up or promote but admit sometimes I do. My comment was not meant to infer that ZCO or anyone else has a QC "issue" just that QC items sometimes happen ☺️ What I've been most impressed about with ZCO is how quickly they've responded to anything, and how you can get on the phone and personally talk to someone from their company - that kind of customer service is rare but greatly appreciated within the industry.

Jeff Huber will call you back personally.

Reactions: CSTactical
I shoot a lot of PRS and I tried a Minox. The glass was incredible. I liked everything about it except for one thing... It had a major tracking issue. When dialling up and back down it had about .3 mils of hysteresis, or tracking lag, or whatever. It would dial up to the correct elevation initially, but then you would be .3 mils high when you dialed back down. If you dialed past zero and back up you would be accurate again. It caused a ton of frustration until I put it on a tracking test stand and watched the reticle while dialling. The problem was incredibly obvious and exactly explained my frustrations while shooting.

I had to send it back and it came back from Germany apparently fixed. I just wouldn't trust it anymore. Sold it when I got it back. This was one of the latest white box versions. When I talked to their support staff the lady gave the impression this was a problem others had as well.

Absolutely! What separates the 1% from other premium manufacturers is the service and support behind the product. ;)

Reactions: Glassaholic
Absolutely! What separates the 1% from other premium manufacturers is the service and support behind the product. ;)
Bringing this thread back to life...

Does Minox even make the zp5 any more? Unless their website is jacked up, it looks like they ditched the MR4 reticle and now have the "LR". Which looks pretty similar. I also noticed the MSRP was, ummm, lower.

I have had my ZP5 for about 3 years now I think. Still has some of the best glass I have seen and has tracked flawlessly. Must have got a good one. Doesn't give me a warm fuzzy that they may have quite making them, I may have to get a new scope just in case!

Reactions: LoCal247