• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Mirage cover + low scope rings??

shaneinhisroom

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2011
Ohio
I got the new TAB SAS Mirage cover on my .223 suppressor today and found that if I'm looking through the scope I can actually see the lining of the mirage cover through the scope pretty much through the entire mag range (except at 13x or above). Does anyone else have this problem? I don't really want to go with higher scope rings because the rifle sits well now. It wouldn't pose too much of a problem since holdover's would be fairly high magnification anyway but I can see it getting a little bit annoying.

Can the outer fabric take the heat of a bolt gun? It's a little bit better if I take the center heat wrap out but I can still see a little bit of the elastic band.

Any help/feedback would be appreciated!

sVcKhVz.jpg

First of all shaneinhisroom, that is not a TAB GEAR suppressor cover. I have no experience with that thing you have on your can but I have never heard of anyone having an issue with our covers interfering with site picture. That's not to say it hasn't happened, I just haven't heard of it. Can you see the can through the scope with the cover off?

If you don't see it with no cover you have three choices,

1. Shoot it with no cover, in which case you'll have mirage problems after 3-5 rounds.
2. Shoot it with the cover on and just get used to the site picture.
3. Get higher rings. With the adjustable cheek piece it's a simple, although more expensive, thing to just raise it up to the next higher rings, and you won't notice anything in the way the rifle sits.

It's about that simple.

Good luck with your choice.

Looks like a Rifles Only HMMS mirage cover. If so it's rated for full auto fire and is quiet thicker than a TAB cover. This may be where you're running into trouble with the sight picture.

Oops! You all are completely correct it's the HMMS. The Tab was out of stock, iirc.

I really want the 20MOA base for distance. Guess I'll have to get higher rings. What height would everyone here recommend for the F1 scope that's mounted?

First of all shaneinhisroom, that is not a TAB GEAR suppressor cover. I have no experience with that thing you have on your can but I have never heard of anyone having an issue with our covers interfering with site picture. That's not to say it hasn't happened, I just haven't heard of it. Can you see the can through the scope with the cover off?

If you don't see it with no cover you have three choices,

1. Shoot it with no cover, in which case you'll have mirage problems after 3-5 rounds.
2. Shoot it with the cover on and just get used to the site picture.
3. Get higher rings. With the adjustable cheek piece it's a simple, although more expensive, thing to just raise it up to the next higher rings, and you won't notice anything in the way the rifle sits.

It's about that simple.

Good luck with your choice.

Thanks for your reply. I cannot see the can through the scope.

I feel like I just need to get out and try to shoot it and see if it gets too bothersome. Maybe I can shuffle the fit so it's diminished in my sight picture.