• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Missouri shooters

Re: Missouri shooters

Thanks, I do know about big piney but I wasn't too interested in what they have going on on the 17th. I was hoping to stretch out a little more and not participate in a organized "bench rest" competition. Their tactical rifle comp on the 18th interests me, but I'm unavailable on the 18th.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rrrazor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">bras there is some law enforcement tactical compatition at www.bearcreektactical.com

Heard it's a pretty good deal. </div></div>

Looked all through their site and yes it does look cool. I will have to go check them out once college starts back up but unfortunately, I didn't see a course to teach the marksmanship say out to 800 or 1k. The Designated marksman goes out to 300 and sniper 1 starts with being good at an 800 cold bore and making weather adjustments.

That is what I need.

I'm over here at Fort Leavenworth, right on the border.

Is anybody a member at bullseye gun & rod club in Fenton Mo? Found it on the internet. But no phone number. Does anybody know it and what it cost to be a member? Thanks

does anyone know of somewhere relatively close to springfield to shoot? i know the conservation department range up by pleasant hope, but that is only 50 and 100 yard lines

Was out at Parma Woods for the first time with my old man and he said that is one of the best outdoor ranges he has ever been to and was in town for the weekend. I live in downtown KC and don't mind the drive out to Waldron but I wanted to see if there are any ranges that go out beyond 100 yards. I have heard of Mill Creek down in Olathe but wasn't sure if it is private and or if they are accepting new members.

Any ideas where to to shoot past 100 yards in the KC area?

i shoot out at parma, would love it if it went out to 200 but at least i get to shoot

ok this sucks, I joined this thread 2 years ago and still havent hooked up with anyone to shoot with or a place to shoot past 100 yrds. I thought for sure when I got my rifle built and saw how many KC people were here that I would get into a group who went somewhere to shoot on a regular basis.

Big Piney has had several matches over the last 2 years. Did you go to any of those? I've hooked up with several guys, however not very many shoot anywhere near as regularly as I do.

I have private land about 40minutes east of my place (i'm in NE KC) that I can shoot any distance up to 1200 yards, or some odd increments up to 2600. I would love to be able to take a group, but the owner doesn't want that, he's told me I can bring 1 or 2 at a time, as long as i'm there he's cool with it. He's .50cal friendly too, which is a major plus. With the weather cooling off, and hunting seasons coming up, planning trips out there gets a little more tricky.

Branden

Brandon Im more or less looking for a few people to shoot with on a regular basis . I have only shot at 100 yrds and I have a ton of stuff to learn .

Dust Remover & Mike,

I'm also looking for some people to shoot with to share ideas and to find a place to shoot longer distances with.

All the KC guys, i'm going to be at Parma Saturday 9/18, somewhere around 11 to 12 most likely. I know it's only 100 yards, but trigger time at 100 yards max is better than no trigger time at all.

Branden

I guess everyone is gettting ready for Deer Season. Good luck to all my fellow MO hunters, out there.

I shoot on the family farm .I have a 500yrd set up with table. could stretch it out to 600yrd.I have no one to shoot with.the company would be a lot of fun .PM meifitsoundsfun be glad to have sum shooting friends.

thats a little ways form me. But Its not impossible.

Im about 8 miles north (Hyw 5) of lebanon (right off I44 between springfield and Rolla)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tasers Hurt!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know its getting colder out but im not opposed to getting snow on a rifle. Im just south of KC mo. by about 20 min. it would be nice to find someone to learn from.

</div></div>

This time of year is the best time of year to train up. Winds get a little hairy, and not a lot of people like to go out and shoot when it's cold. I was out today shooting in the wicked wind we had. Shot 100, 520, 668, and 1000. 1K was less successful than 668, but still 5 out of 12 shots on a 12" WIDE target with 15-18mph wind is good enough for me!

Branden

Wind was kicking your rear?
It gets pretty windy out there. I still need to take the chrono and Sako out to Parma for load development!

This next week is bad but would you like to try and hit up next week sometime?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefan73</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wind was kicking your rear?
It gets pretty windy out there. I still need to take the chrono and Sako out to Parma for load development!

This next week is bad but would you like to try and hit up next week sometime? </div></div>

Anytime....bring it! I just went over to the FDAC thread and jumped up on my soap box again. You don't have to ask me if we can shoot, tell me when we're going, and we'll go. Asking me if I want to go shooting is like asking me if I have a unhealthy love for McD's french fries and Frappe's.

I'm trading a monitor for a larger piece of steel, 16" by 24", going to have it setup 24" wide so that wind issues at 1,000+ don't only result in a miss. That 12" wide target at 1,000 yards gives very little margin of error.

Branden

I live southwest of Kirksville and could shoot a mile if i want but currently have protable targets set up at 200,300,400,500,600,800,and 1410yds. I shot two does last week from my shooting bench at my house first doe at 550yds and second 758yds and both were one shot kills. It was awesome.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dust_Remover</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefan73</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wind was kicking your rear?

This next week is bad but would you like to try and hit up next week sometime? </div></div>

Anytime....bring it! I just went over to the FDAC thread and jumped up on my soap box again. You don't have to ask me if we can shoot, tell me when we're going, and we'll go. Asking me if I want to go shooting is like asking me if I have a unhealthy love for McD's french fries and Frappe's.

I'm trading a monitor for a larger piece of steel, 16" by 24", going to have it setup 24" wide so that wind issues at 1,000+ don't only result in a miss. That 12" wide target at 1,000 yards gives very little margin of error.

Branden </div></div>
Same thickness as the other?
Let me know and I can weld up the hanger like the old one.

BTW, I'm trying to talk my wife into a suppressor. I told her that I'm going green and want to protect peoples hearing from noise pollution. It didn't work!

Yep, it's going to be 1/2" mild steel. He's going to put the necessary hanging hardware on there for me, and the stand as well.

It's going to be nice having a larger target to shoot out there. Maybe then we can go a little further back and start doing 1200+. We'll have to figure out a way to see where we're hitting though.

Branden

I'm probably going to Parma tomorrow if it is open. I'm bringing the SAKO and "might" load up some .300WM (time dependent).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefan73</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm probably going to Parma tomorrow if it is open. I'm bringing the SAKO and "might" load up some .300WM (time dependent). </div></div>

Damn you. I want to get a full day of work in to get more of that suppressor money in. Sigh.......decisions, decisions, decisions.

BTW, .300WM? With your shoulder? C'mon now, be realistic, lol. The Serbu with the 800gr Spotter tracers kicks less!

Branden

Well, I think I'll have to drive over to CTD and order a TBAC (Ti) and drop off the .300 WM for recrowning and threading. :)
It is my 11th anniversary present and Christmas present.

Finally convinced the wife to allow you to go green huh?
laugh.gif

Branden

Darn skippy!!!
Noise pollution is bad!!

I called TBAC today. Now I need to get hold of my NFA guy from KS.

New range in SW MO?

A friend and i have been working on a business plan to open a new gun club in the Springfield, MO area. We are working on getting our NRA certification to teach classes as well as obtaining type 1, 2, 6, and 8 FFL. In a perfect world, it would have a 500 yard range as well as smaller ranges for archery, sighting, trap, and indoor for pistols. What kind of interest is there in the area? What would local enthusiasts like to see in order to ensure frequent customers? Any input from people in the area would be great!

Re: New range in SW MO?

I would PM Dust as to what he would like to see in a range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sabotage628</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A friend and i have been working on a business plan to open a new gun club in the Springfield, MO area. We are working on getting our NRA certification to teach classes as well as obtaining type 1, 2, 6, and 8 FFL. In a perfect world, it would have a 500 yard range as well as smaller ranges for archery, sighting, trap, and indoor for pistols. What kind of interest is there in the area? What would local enthusiasts like to see in order to ensure frequent customers? Any input from people in the area would be great! </div></div>

I live in Lebanon. Id like to see 500+ for rifle, trap.skeet, pistol (indoor/outdoor) wouldnt matter. I do believe if you build it they will come. Springfield is big enough for plenty of shooters. But the outlying should draw in alot of shooters for you. Id like to see this happen. I like Big Piney but I havent gotten out there much this last year.

Also if this looks like you can make it happen, then start a site with a forum so ppl can talk about it and get the word out for you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sabotage628</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> What would local enthusiasts like to see in order to ensure frequent customers? </div></div>
1000+ yards

I'd call Scott (El Presidente) and bend his ear a little (he likes to talk). I'd imagine that the folks in SW MO have similar requirements to Central MO, and Scott has a pretty good handle on what our members want to see in a club. He might be able to give you some ideas.

http://shootingstl.com/contact.htm

Cheers,

Bill

I would like to see any long range facilities, the more the better. Running monthly comps (not on the same weekends as Piney) would be cool.

Let me know if I can help.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sabotage628</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> What would local enthusiasts like to see in order to ensure frequent customers? </div></div>
1000+ yards

</div></div>

Agree completely. Go as long as you can. Also, get your FFL and sell high end rifle/pistol and reloading. Get good optics brands like USO,NF, S&B etc

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wheelchairman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sabotage628</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> What would local enthusiasts like to see in order to ensure frequent customers? </div></div>
1000+ yards

</div></div>

Agree completely. Go as long as you can. Also, get your FFL and sell high end rifle/pistol and reloading. Get good optics brands like USO,NF, S&B etc</div></div>
That's a pretty tall order LOL

I hit the Sedalia Rod and Gun Club range on black Friday. Nothing further than 100yds but not having a RO was great as I was able to run CQ carbine drills all day long. Ran into three other members who were all on the 50yd range while I stayed on the 25 doing stuff like pistol transitions, multiple target engagements (box drill) and shooting on the move. Still on the look out for something closer than BP for longer range shooting though.

Here is our schedule for the upcoming year.

Big Piney Sportsman’s Club 2011 Event Schedule
Revised: 07 Jan 11

06 January Club election meeting. 7:00 pm.
08 January Sporting Clays. 8:00 am
08 January IDPA type defensive handgun match. 9:00 am.
13 January Board meeting. 6:00 pm.
22 January* 500 yd centerfire bench rest match / 50 yd .17/.22 rimfire bench rest match. 12:00.
23 January Multi-Range F-Class rifle match / rifle & handgun combat course. 9:00 am.

05 February Sporting Clays. 8:00 am
05 February IDPA type defensive handgun match. 9:00 am.
05 February Chili supper. 6:00 pm. Summersville Community Center.
10 February Board meeting. 6:00 pm
26 February* 500 yd centerfire bench rest match / 50 yd .17/.22 rimfire bench rest match. 12:00.
27 February Multi-range tactical rifle match / rifle & handgun combat course. 9:00 am.

05 March Sporting Clays. 8:00 am
05 March IDPA type defensive handgun match. 9:00 am.
10 March Board meeting. 6:00 pm.
25 March Department of Conservation training. 2:00 pm – 9:00 pm.
26 March* 500 yd centerfire bench rest match / 50 yd .17/.22 rimfire bench rest match. 12:00.
27 March Multi-Range F-Class rifle match / rifle & handgun combat course. 9:00 am.

02 April Sporting Clays. 8:00 am
02 April IDPA type defensive handgun match. 9:00 am
09 April CF tactical rifle / rifle & handgun (.22 LR only) combat course night shoot. 8:00 pm.
14 April Board meeting. 6:00 pm.
16 April Texas County Farm Bureau fund raiser trap shoot. 9:00 am.
23 April* 500 yd centerfire bench rest match / 50 yd .17/.22 rimfire bench rest match. 12:00.
24 April Multi-range tactical rifle match / rifle & handgun combat course. 9:00 am

07 May Sporting Clays. 8:00 am
07 May IDPA type defensive handgun match. 9:00 am
12 May Board meeting. 6:00 pm
14 May Golf Ball shoot. Fund raiser for 4-H. 10:00 am
21 May* 500 yd centerfire bench rest match / 50 yd .17/.22 rimfire bench rest match. 12:00.
25/26/27/28 May Law Enforcement Marksmanship and Observer Class
29 May Multi-Range F-Class rifle match / rifle & handgun combat course. 9:00 am.

04 June Sporting Clays. 8:00 am
04 June IDPA type defensive handgun match. 9:00 am
09 June Board meeting. 6:00 pm
18 June* 500 yd centerfire bench rest match / 50 yd .17/.22 rimfire bench rest match. 12:00.
26 June Multi-range tactical rifle match / rifle & handgun combat course. 9:00 am.

09 July Sporting Clays. 8:00 am
09 July IDPA type defensive handgun match. 9:00 am
14 July Board meeting. 6:00 pm
16 July Hamburger Fry. 6:00 pm (bring a dish)
17 July Multi-range F-Class rifle match / rifle & handgun combat course. 9:00 am.
23 July* 500 yd centerfire bench rest match / 50 yd .17/.22 rimfire bench rest match. 12:00.
30July Multi-range F-Class prize money rifle match. 9:00am

06 August Sporting Clays. 8:00 am
06 August IDPA type defensive handgun match. 9:00 am
11 August Board meeting. 6:00 pm.
27 August* 500 yd centerfire bench rest match / 50 yd .17/.22 rimfire bench rest match. 12:00.
28 August Multi-range tactical rifle match / rifle & handgun combat course. 9:00 am

08 September Board meeting. 6:00 pm
10 September FFA Trap Shoot (multi-school event).
11 September IDPA type defensive handgun match. 9:00 am
17 September Sporting Clays. 8:00 am
17 September Golf ball Shoot. Fund raiser for the club. 10:00 am.
24 September* 500 yd centerfire bench rest match / 50 yd .17/.22 rimfire bench rest match. 12:00.
24 September Club hog roast at 6:00 pm (bring a dish).
25 September Multi-range F-Class rifle match / rifle & handgun combat course. 9:00am.

01 October Sporting Clays. 8:00 am.
01 October Don Wells 2nd Amendment Trap Shoot. Sign up starts at 9:00 am
02 October IDPA type defensive handgun match. 9:00 am
08 October* 500 yd centerfire bench rest match / 50 yd .17/.22 rimfire bench rest match. 12:00.
13 October Board meeting. 6:00 pm
12/13/14/15 Oct Law Enforcement Marksman/Observer Class
16 October Multi-range tactical rifle match / rifle & handgun combat course. 9:00 am
22 October CF tactical rifle / rifle & handgun (.22 LR only) combat course night shoot. 7:00 pm.

10 November Board Meeting. 6:00 pm

03 December IDPA type defensive handgun match. 9:00 am
08 December Board meeting 6:00 pm
10 December* 500 yd centerfire bench rest match / 50 yd .17/.22 rimfire bench rest match. 12:00.
11 December Multi-range F-Class rifle match / rifle & handgun combat course. 9:00am.

I really wanted to attend the Dec 12th match at Big Piney, but the wife was giving me the mean mug and telling me that she didn't want me to go, so I obliged.

I really could have used the round count to get to know my load more to get ready for Mammoth.

Branden

Four of us showed up to shoot. It was 19 degrees out so it was a very good day to get some cold weather data. The wind was gusting pretty good at times from both the left and the right. I shot a Savage model 12 varmint in .223 loaded with 69 grain matchkings, and wasn't doing too bad until the 600. There the wind blew my bullets all over the target.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunrunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Four of us showed up to shoot. It was 19 degrees out so it was a very good day to get some cold weather data. The wind was gusting pretty good at times from both the left and the right. I shot a Savage model 12 varmint in .223 loaded with 69 grain matchkings, and wasn't doing too bad until the 600. There the wind blew my bullets all over the target. </div></div>

4 shooters? Wow, I bet the deal was done in about an hour wasn't it?? lol.

Branden

Hello everyone. Shooter from KC here also interested in some long range precision shooting. Sounds like the place in Marshall would be good to go. Hey MidwestPX (Ty), it's me Eddy. I met you at Lake City range right before deer season and I bought a converted mag for my 6.8 AR from you. Good to see you here!