• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mk 13 Mod 0 stock

Ej80YRl.jpeg

1QLMtux.jpeg

Wow.

What's the story here?

Reactions: USNavy06
Those aren't my Mod 0 stocks anymore, many people in this thread own them. I took these pics in 2016 when I was living in Chicago. I needed some way to efficiently bring them from the loading bay to my apartment, so this is how I moved them. Some woman saw me moving them and actually called the police! I tried selling them some stocks when they showed up, but they weren't interested.

Look through this thread and look at the photos, you might see some of these stocks. I'm happy to have had a hand in documenting their history. I hope more people post pics of their builds, it's great to see these stocks being used and enjoyed!

B8ErzqK.jpeg

Those aren't my Mod 0 stocks anymore, many people in this thread own them. I took these pics in 2016 when I was living in Chicago. I needed some way to efficiently bring them from the loading bay to my apartment, so this is how I moved them. Some woman saw me moving them and actually called the police! I tried selling them some stocks when they showed up, but they weren't interested.

Look through this thread and look at the photos, you might see some of these stocks. I'm happy to have had a hand in documenting their history. I hope more people post pics of their builds, it's great to see these stocks being used and enjoyed!

B8ErzqK.jpeg
Ah, that's awesome. I thought you got a new load of them. Ive been scouring this thread and finding parts for months but im stuck converting an A2 stock for a clone mod 0. it'll bug me that it's not as close as it could be but it's better than nothing haha

Reactions: baker72
What is everyone's favorite commercial ammo for their Mk13 rifles?

I don't reload, so I'm trying to find something available commercially that is as economic as possible (I realize .300wm isn't an economical caliber to begin with), and has good performance.

The bigger problem right now seems to be just general availability - I can't seem to find anything other than deer ammo.

Last edited:

I don't reload, so I'm trying to find something available commercially that is as economic as possible (I realize .300wm isn't an economical caliber to begin with), and has good performance.

The bigger problem right now seems to be just general availability - I can't seem to find anything other than deer ammo.
The easy answer is...

Start reloading!

On .300 WM, you will pay for your whole loading setup with the first 100 rounds. Really.

Lots of help available here! Just do it!

Sirhr

PS... see if you can find a "Lee Loader" in .300 Win Mag. They did make them. And that is a cheap and easy to get into loading. And they produce great ammo. You learn a LOT about ammo if you start with a Lee Loader.

I shoot a good amount of mk248 mod 0 and Hornady 195GR ELD. Have great results with both. The Hornady tends to perform slightly better at distance.

B8ErzqK.jpeg
Show us how you mess with the emotions of half the hide forum without saying you mess with the emotions of half the hide forum. 😭

I had my best results with the Berger 220gr Hybrids. Unfortunatley they are no longer making this ammo. Believe it or not, the SIG 190gr Match ammo is really really good. But the old standard is the Black Hills 190gr.

Does the mod 5 with a mars rail use the same height rings as the mod 0 with the mirs rail, or is there room to go to a shorter ring height?

Were the 1.5” NF A203’s ever issued with old logo caps or were they always produced logo-less? I’m not sure what year NF changed the cap design.

I think Ilikebmxbikes had a collection of take-off rings that he referred to as Mk 13 Mod 5 rings. They all appear to have logos (see post #1100 on this thread. Not sure if those are A203s):

Last edited:
TI think Ilikebmxbikes had a collection of take-off rings that he referred to as Mk 13 Mod 5 rings. They all appear to have logos (see post #1100 on this thread. Not sure if those are A203s):

mine were off mod 5 but there were some mod 0 era ultralights in the lot.

Generally:
1.125 - Logo on top cap and at base - Steel or ultralight - Mk13 MOD 0
1.125 - Logo on top cap - Ultralight - MK13 mod 5
1.375 - Logo / No logo top cap - MK13 mod 5 stiller (PVS22 ALIGNMENT)
1.5" - No logo - MK13 mod 5 Stiller (PVS30 ALIGNMENT)

Any idea if NF steel 1.125 rings with logo on the top but not on the base are accurate for a Mod 0?

Attachments

• PXL_20220128_174156246.jpg
    PXL_20220128_174156246.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 71
  • PXL_20220128_174207797.jpg
    PXL_20220128_174207797.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 62
Unless you are doing an intitial production run rifle, they are both correct.

Last edited:
Reactions: FatBoy
Just double checking but the mod 5 mars rail used the NF 1.256 rings with the 56mm NF.

Are the same rings used when the 3-15x50 nxs was used? Jumping between these 2 scopes and wanted to see if the rings are the same.

Read through page 18 of this thread or this entire thread actually, very good leisure read.

Both 1.125” & 1.265”s we’re used on the mars/Remington, with even claims of 1.375”.

Objective choice doesn’t matter, they will all fit.

I think what a lot of people dont catch onto, is that different things were used at different time periods. Different things were used by different branches. I see a lot of guys mix things seen on navy guns with army guns and entirely ignore the time period of the gun they are referencing.

I have handled and seen a lot of mk13 scopes and it was either a 1.125 off a mars or a 1.375 or 1.5 off a imuns/stiller. I have had tons of surplus take off mk13 rings and have never gotten or seen a used 1.265. I have seen a later, in mil package 1.265 that a collector on here owns.

No one can definitively say if the 1.265 was used or not on a rem/mars but ill be running the 1.125's as they are more exemplary based on images, technical literature, and my anecdotal experience with surplus mk13 scopes.

I think what a lot of people dont catch onto, is that different things were used at different time periods. Different things were used by different branches. I see a lot of guys mix things seen on navy guns with army guns and entirely ignore the time period of the gun they are referencing.

I have handled and seen a lot of mk13 scopes and it was either a 1.125 off a mars or a 1.375 or 1.5 off a imuns/stiller. I have had tons of surplus take off mk13 rings and have never gotten or seen a used 1.265. I have seen a later, in mil package 1.265 that a collector on here owns.

No one can definitively say if the 1.265 was used or not on a rem/mars but ill be running the 1.125's as they are more exemplary based on images, technical literature, and my anecdotal experience with surplus mk13 scopes.

Awesome. I value you take much more than a lot of others. I prefer as low as I can go so if 1.125 was used more and it will clear a mars with both 50 and 56 objective in all in.

Awesome. I value you take much more than a lot of others. I prefer as low as I can go so if 1.125 was used more and it will clear a mars with both 50 and 56 objective in all in.
1.125 was used on the mars rail with both 50 and 56mm bells

I’m on team 1.125”. It looks way cleaner. I’d personally would only use 1.265” if I shot at night a lot, but 1.125”s would still work also, the pvs30 is a very forgiving “eyebox”.

Here is @rcfallen ‘s on 1.265”s 🔥
But even using 1.125, the mars rail has a step down of a .250 - that puts u at 1.375 - thats within spec of a pvs30. The m2010 rings are 1.375 and those heavily use pvs30. I think the main reason to use 1.265 is that visually the scope looks more aligned behind a 30 but performance wise, will have no bearing.

Maybe because they cost $1650 in 2018 money. In todays money, priceless…

All BS aside, no idea. I have one and it’s ok, but the M700 LA on my 700/300 feeds smoother and more reliably. That could just be the AX mags though.

You confirmed this with Stiller?
A friend called them the other day and this is what he was told. They said they didn't think the contract would be renewed at the end of the year and they don't have any government orders. Even if they made more receivers, they'd be marked College Station, instead of Wylie or Garland. There wouldn't really be much demand for a College Station receiver if those never get issued, but they would still be preferable to a Tac 300 receiver.

Wylie receivers are now pushing $5,000 per receiver. In the past few days I've personally seen 2 separate sales at $4,500 each, to different collectors. So it's not rumor or hearsay, I've actually seen it happen. Twice. These receivers are now worth serious money, I expect the last of the Garland receivers to jump in price as well.

If you need a correct Stiller Mk13 receiver and you find one for sale, buy it. You might not get another chance and there's a lot of other people looking right now. The guys with Mod 7 kits are screwed, they need a Stiller receiver. The guys with the common IMUNS Mod 5 kits can buy a Badger Ordnance scope rail and use a Remington 700 long action receiver. It's a pretty uncommon Mk13 variation, but it would be correct.

That's all the info I have. The situation sucks, it's the cloner version of musical chairs and the music just stopped.

Last edited:
Reactions: 0812guns
I’m one of those guys with a Mod7 kit on order. I spoke with Chris a few weeks ago and he was just waiting on AI. I guess if anyone has a receiver and needs a kit send me a pm.

I’m one of those guys with a Mod7 kit on order. I spoke with Chris a few weeks ago and he was just waiting on AI. I guess if anyone has a receiver and needs a kit send me a pm.
You're not completely stuck with selling the kit, you can always get a Tac 300 receiver and finish the build. It's not a Mk13 receiver, but it's the next best thing and its 90% the same piece of steel. And it's a little cheaper. I've seen a few Mod 7 clones built on the Tac 300 receivers and they look good, but there's still the flat spot cut on the side. Maybe if enough people wanted Mk13 look-alike receivers for "close enough" clones, Stiller could rework the Tac 300 receivers and eliminate that flat side.

Obviously this isn't an ideal solution, especially for those of us who spend a ton of time, money and effort on clone perfection. However, not everyone strives to create top tier level clones and this might be an appealing option for them, instead of potentially losing money trying to flip a Mod 7 kit. I'm just trying to throw some ideas out there hoping that something might be beneficial. It's a shitty situation and unless you're already on the list for one of the very last receivers they're making, there isn't an ideal situation, but there are some options.

Now is the time to brainstorming in this thread and start asking Stiller some questions. I know some people have already asked for a private run of 50 Mk13 receivers and Stiller declined it, so scratch that off the board. Maybe they'd be open to doing a round side on the Tac 300 receiver like I mentioned earlier. It looks better and it would be an easy mod for them to do. Maybe this is meeting in the middle if we can't get Mk13 receivers and no one wants slab side Tac 300 receivers. If there's enough demand, they might decide to supply. Again, not ideal, but sometimes that's how cloning goes.

Last edited:
What sucks is when they retire these rifles, all likely hood is they’re going to torch the receivers in half. What a waste. Maybe the Jarheads will sell them like they did the Colt pistols?

You're not completely stuck with selling the kit, you can always get a Tac 300 receiver and finish the build. It's not a Mk13 receiver, but it's the next best thing and its 90% the same piece of steel. And it's a little cheaper. I've seen a few Mod 7 clones built on the Tac 300 receivers and they look good, but there's still the flat spot cut on the side. Maybe if enough people wanted Mk13 look-alike receivers for "close enough" clones, Stiller could rework the Tac 300 receivers and eliminate that flat side.

Obviously this isn't an ideal solution, especially for those of us who spend a ton of time, money and effort on clone perfection. However, not everyone strives to create top tier level clones and this might be an appealing option for them, instead of potentially losing money trying to flip a Mod 7 kit. I'm just trying to throw some ideas out there hoping that something might be beneficial. It's a shitty situation and unless you're already on the list for one of the very last receivers they're making, there isn't an ideal situation, but there are some options.

Now is the time to brainstorming in this thread and start asking Stiller some questions. I know some people have already asked for a private run of 50 Mk13 receivers and Stiller declined it, so scratch that off the board. Maybe they'd be open to doing a round side on the Tac 300 receiver like I mentioned earlier. It looks better and it would be an easy mod for them to do. Maybe this is meeting in the middle if we can't get Mk13 receivers and no one wants slab side Tac 300 receivers. If there's enough demand, they might decide to supply. Again, not ideal, but sometimes that's how cloning goes.
Dang, this sucks huge bawlz. If there is a minimum number of actions that Stiller will need for a special run, I’d be in for at least two. 🤞

I called and spoke with Brandon at Horizon Firearms which purchased Stiller in December of last year. He said they are working through a backlog of orders at Garland now but will move plants once that’s completed. Hopefully there’s a possibility of a group buy but don’t get your hopes up. I mentioned that lots of us had purchased mod7 kits and needed actions and I gave him Chris’s info and it sounded like he might potentially reach out to him. If you are interested I would recommend calling and talking to Brandon at Horizon.

I spoke with Stiller today about the action being taken off the site and asked when we could potentially see a replacement. This is what I was told. Sounds like it might not be totally done with as others have said but who knows.

"Ok, so the military contract for that action is with the old owners and isn’t transferable so technically we can’t sell the MK13 any longer. We are working on a new MK13 option to bring back to market soon."

"...We are moving facilities so that throws a wrench in things also as the contract was only for our Garland location. We are finishing the backorders at our Garland location before we move."

"We are actively trying to get this sorted out. We should have a timeline hopefully by the end of the week."

The most likely course of action will be that the crew at Stiller will continue to make MK13 actions at the new location under the new parent company, Horizon. Still made by the same folks but now marked Horizon Firearms, College Station TX. When? My guess would be once the contract has officially ended later this year. Sucks for those who get the cloner boner for those details but not completely SOL for those sitting on Mod 5/7 kits. Like stated above, if you find and action now, don’t drag your feet. No telling what will be available in the future. If your name is in with Stiller for an order, it’ll get filled with the current Garland markings. Last I heard there is an order card of 50 MK13 actions already made and waiting on bolts before going out.