• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mk 13 Mod 0 stock

Very nice. What loads are you planning on, and are you gone get the Mk 11 can in the future?

Have any yall experienced any accuracy change with the can on/off? Seems like sometimes a suppressor will help accuracy a bit, I suppose acting like a tuner.

I have a mk13 mod 5, i have shot around 250 rounds of Hornady Match 195gr BTHP. Hornady has discontinued that ammo in favor of their ELD line. I will be switching to ELD. Today I shot two boxes of 195gr BTHP and one box of 195gr ELD. At 1000 yards, I was adjusting elevation 25 1/4 MOA with BTHP and the ELD was 23 MOA. Pretty excited to get more time and data with the ELD.

Things are coming along nicely on my end as well. Barrel is in the mail and action should be picked up late next week.

Attachments

• 1324FC2A-E6AC-4F48-98BF-6F06373912A6.jpeg
    1324FC2A-E6AC-4F48-98BF-6F06373912A6.jpeg
    652.1 KB · Views: 215
Finally took my mk13 mod 0 built by RWS out for sight in and mild stretch. Rifle shot beautifully out to 1000 yards. Looking forward to taking it further.

Beautiful rifle. I think these hold up well to modern tech after all these years. Any specific changes? Extractor? Chamber reamer?

Very nice. What loads are you planning on, and are you gone get the Mk 11 can in the future?

Have any yall experienced any accuracy change with the can on/off? Seems like sometimes a suppressor will help accuracy a bit, I suppose acting like a tuner.

I run a Thunderbeast 30-P1 on my 700/300 (they were threaded but had no designated suppressor that I know of). I went from shooting 1.2-1.5 MOA to .4MOA at 100. Part of it may have been break in, part load development (Retumbo is slow but woke this rifle up) but I think the main factor was the recoil was so dramatically changed I could shoot the rifle. Before the can I had to wear my highpower coat or it destroyed my shoulder and collarbone with 220s and 230s.

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
Things are coming along nicely on my end as well. Barrel is in the mail and action should be picked up late next week.

I envy you guys that have gotten your hands on these 2.0 stocks.

Beautiful rifle. I think these hold up well to modern tech after all these years. Any specific changes? Extractor? Chamber reamer?

I can let RWS comment one exact details as he built it. He is in this thread. I kept the stock extractor instead of going the sako extractor. I just was suprised at how much more comfortable the gun is than the mk13 mod 5 is.

Reactions: FatBoy
I can let RWS comment one exact details as he built it. He is in this thread. I kept the stock extractor instead of going the sako extractor. I just was suprised at how much more comfortable the gun is than the mk13 mod 5 is.

WAY more comfortable than my mod7 too.

Reactions: ilikebmxbikes
Question for those who sourced a Remington 700 LA for your Mod 0 builds. All donor rifles for sale that I have come across with a C or G-prefix have a jeweled bolt. What is the solution for finding a standard parkerized mag face bolt that isn’t jeweled? Keep looking?

Question for those who sourced a Remington 700 LA for your Mod 0 builds. All donor rifles for sale that I have come across with a C or G-prefix have a jeweled bolt. What is the solution for finding a standard parkerized mag face bolt that isn’t jeweled? Keep looking?

I sourced my G6 receiver for my mod 5 build on gunbroker. It was on an older hunting rifle. Had the action trued up and refinished. As far as the search goes just throw in the right long action calibers in the advanced search and zoom in on pictures with the receiver’s serial number and confirm it with the seller if you’re unsure. I did that a couple of weeks ago and there were 4-5 chambered in 300 WM. Happy hunting

Reactions: teufelhunden

You weren't kidding about the jeweled trigger bit. They're owning the 300 WM market on gunbroker.

Heres a link to a 7mm magnum donor with what looks to be a G6 serial, hard to see though. I'd confirm it with the seller.

Reactions: teufelhunden

The builder should be able to buff the jeweling off the bolt and re-finish it. My M40A1 donor action had a jeweled bolt, but the builder buffed it and applied black oxide, so you can't tell it was previously jeweled.

Welp, that didn’t take long, lol!
I’ve got a stock, bipod, MIRS & lug coming in on Monday. Just secured an E6 prefix rifle today for $400 on GB. Cannot wait!

Reactions: Pinmaster
Welp, that didn’t take long, lol!
I’ve got a stock, bipod, MIRS & lug coming in on Monday. Just secured an E6 prefix rifle today for $400 on GB. Cannot wait!

Damn you came out better than me on the receiver. I had to fork over $550. Nice find!

Maybe I’ve never noticed it before but I didn’t realize there was 2 different tapers towards to muzzle end to mate the mk11. I guess that’s where the variance in the Mk11 comes into play

Speaking of Mk 13 barrels, I am happy to report that 2 weeks ago I called Lilja Precision Rifle Barrels Inc and ordered a Mk 13 Mod 0 profile barrel blank on April 16th. It shipped on April 24th and arrived yesterday (May 1st). So that's only 2 weeks from order to delivery, in the middle of a pandemic no less. I'm impressed(!). Just an fyi post.

Attachments

• IMG_4518.jpg
    IMG_4518.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 248
Speaking of Mk 13 barrels, I am happy to report that 2 weeks ago I called Lilja Precision Rifle Barrels Inc and ordered a Mk 13 Mod 0 profile barrel blank on April 16th. It shipped on April 24th and arrived yesterday (May 1st). So that's only 2 weeks from order to delivery, in the middle of a pandemic no less. I'm impressed(!). Just an fyi post.

That's great to hear! Normally their lead times on those barrels are much longer!

Reactions: Random Guy

Same, I placed an order on Friday and already received an email from Melanie stating that the barrel will be finished in 1-2 weeks

I used to stop in at their shop when going to see our kids in Missoula from N. Idaho. Dan's a super nice guy and ALWAYS busy. Good luck on the builds guys, not that you'll need it. I know everybody has preferences, but I think Lilja's rock.

Have they changed the designation? It used to be called the "Tactical taper ".

What was the purpose? To help with the fit of the suppressor?

The original 700/300 profile was the "tactical taper". Same profile used on the mod0. Lilja used to list it as such on their webpage. Was just curious if they changed it to the mk13 mod0 profile? Maybe they got the same question so may times they said to hell with it and made it simple?

700/300 and mod0 were threaded buy didn't have a designated can as far as I know. My downrange buddies said they never used the cans on the WMs. He's old school though. A wood and steel guy at heart.

3 contours available re Mk 13 barrels: mod 0, 5, 7:

Tapers are different for the 3 contours. just an FYI.

Reactions: sandwarrior
3 contours available re Mk 13 barrels: mod 0, 5, 7:

Tapers are different for the 3 contours. just an FYI.

So they changed it, unless I'm confusing the profile order from Lilja with the requested inlet when calling McMillan. I built mine before the return stocks were available so it's been a few 750ml ago.

Notice when you download the profile for the mod0 its named "tactical" :)

Reactions: sandwarrior
They probably changed the name to make it easier for people to buy MK13 barrels and make some more money.

Reactions: FatBoy
Does anybody on here have NSW connections?

I've got two names marked on my stock that I've been meaning to check.

Need to call a SEAL buddy, but I don't think he can do much ... has been out for a hot minute or two or ten

PM me if you think you can help at all. Just after verifiable history on the rifle, not out to expose operator identities.

Just want to shout out another forum member on here, who i wont name without their permission, but they helped me correct my MK13 optics. Nav-Spec 5.5-22x56 for the mod 5, and a 8-32x for my first mod 0 w/ rev b mirs.

Attachments

• IMG_8218.jpeg
    IMG_8218.jpeg
    570.1 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_8221.jpg
    IMG_8221.jpg
    430.8 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_8255.jpeg
    IMG_8255.jpeg
    965.9 KB · Views: 191
Just want to shout out another forum member on here, who i wont name without their permission, but they helped me correct my MK13 optics. Nav-Spec 5.5-22x56 for the mod 5, and a 8-32x for my first mod 0 w/ rev b mirs.

Oooo NAV-SPEC, Nice!
The 8-32 were issued on the Mod 0's? I was told that all the Mod 0's left the Crane with Mk4 10x's on top and anything else was added after it left the shop.

Oooo NAV-SPEC, Nice!
The 8-32 were issued on the Mod 0's? I was told that all the Mod 0's left the Crane with Mk4 10x's on top and anything else was added after it left the shop.
Chris Kyle is seen with an 8-32 non ZS nxs sitting on a MIRS rev b.

This was likely not an issue optic, but something drafted off of another rifle or a trials optic. The mk13 mod 0 Technical Repair Standard (2005) has the 5.5-22x56 as the supplied optic.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 9.29.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 9.29.44 AM.png
    127.2 KB · Views: 166
  • Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 9.30.47 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 9.30.47 AM.png
    458.3 KB · Views: 143
Reactions: Pinmaster
but they helped me correct my MK13 optics. Nav-Spec 5.5-22x56 for the mod 5, and a 8-32x for my first mod 0 w/ rev b mir

Wow, I wish I had friends like that. A NAV-SPEC scope is a unicorn(!), thanks for sharing that pic...(my Mk 13 gray turned tan stock is a project still in pieces)

Attachments

• Mk 13 bolts and parts1_122019.jpg
    Mk 13 bolts and parts1_122019.jpg
    514.8 KB · Views: 157
  • MK 13 stock.JPG
    MK 13 stock.JPG
    424.5 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
They are out there. Got mine last week

Very nice(!), but I have not spotted any such unicorns, and not sure I could afford one at the moment - but I sure do like it(!)

Reactions: m1marty
I’m going to be breaking tradition gents. I have collected two 5-25’s that were supposedly issued/overrun from ST-2.

I’m looking for consistency when running between the Mod 3 & Mod 5. Cant wait!

ETA: (The first one I bought was definitely issued but, the paint was apparently removed. The ARD still has original paint. The second one did not appear painted. It is currently back with Jerry at S&B getting a thorough maintenance check and install for a missing objective bezel ring so an ARD or sunshade can be installed.)

C6E2CC17-EE1B-475D-A02B-36DCB51F5405.jpeg

Last edited: