• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up MN member checking in!

Re: MN member checking in!

FYI - Just a reminder Long Range Competition held at Princeton, MN. Will be Sunday January 6th. Sound off if your going to make it, or whatever excuse your using to get out of it....(not naming any names, don't worry Ken)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunman_7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FYI - Just a reminder Long Range Competition held at Princeton, MN. Will be Sunday January 6th. Sound off if your going to make it, or whatever excuse your using to get out of it....(not naming any names, don't worry Ken)</div></div>

DAMN!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: monte2024</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i liked it better when we were picking on adam!! </div></div>

Shh, don't tell anyone...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longrange8541</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He was TOO easy of a target.... </div></div>

Big & Easy...
wink.gif

HAHHAHA yea....RIGHT!!

Say I found out about the PMII...the answer was no...you need a base to counter the scope......supposedly 30MOA is the starting point.....

I plan to come up to Princeton on the 6th.... maybe I can pick on Ken in person, it's much more fun that way

HAHA IT USUALLY IS!!!!

Wonder if I can get ahold of Greg (SF340Driver) and see if he will come on out.....

Say Marty...I figured out the problem with my M40A1 project....it IS cut with a 339 neck....BUT the remington fired brass I tried came out at 337 or so....

But I got a little Christmas money so Ive got some SMK's comming and 308 brass....got an old set of 308 dies that will have to work till I can come up with some dough for the Redding dies....gonna try bedding the thing in the next couple of weeks or so...

Hey guys don't forget that Elk River is doing a cold finger shoot on Saturday too! I am going to work on my zeros after the shoot if I can for the Princeton shoot on Sunday.
wink.gif

Adam

Happy new year

What is the deal with the princeton and elk river shoots...does one have to be a member, are they organized in any way??

Don't have to be a member, just show up and shoot. The Elk River event I think is $5.00 or $10.00 and they are having someone cook a dinner and I believe the Princeton shoot is about $25.00 and they normally order in some pizza...

Show up and watch if you don't feel like shooting, you can always pull targets and meet some people!

Adam

I've got extra rifles if someone is "in between" at the moment, or just wants to try out something

Ok the details are like this....

The Range in princeton (West Branch Gun Club) will open at 8am and shooting will start shortly after that once everyone gets set up and shoots the shit....this range is VERY VERY laid back....

-You will need about 40 rounds for score....and as many sighters as you want to bring...

-NO limit on sighters....until you start shooting for score....then no more sighters from then on....

-Payment is due AFTER the shoot...if anyone needs to take off early they need to pay the Range Honcho Rodger....

-All shooting is --- bench with supports...w/o supports...run-setup-shoot (timed)....standing... and kneeling....

-Ranges from 100-200-300-400-515yards and UNKNOWN

-You finnish the match with the rifle you started with...no trading out rifles for advantages for off hand vs bench and whatnot....

-NO RESTRICTION on caliber OR breaks....just be nice enough to take an end bench and WARN the guy next to you if you have a big boomer.....

-If ya need dirrections you can shoot me a PM and Ill get you some or just give you my number and we can meet up somewhere...

I think thats it.....Im not real good at this kind of thing....Marty or Adam....can you think of anything else?

Oh one more thing....this will more than likely go till nearly dark....so plan accordingly...

Also...there will be Pizza and pop around mid day...wich is included with your entrance fee....

Entrance fee was $28 for the last match (It fluctuates a little bit depending on what it costs for pizza and pop)

There are other "games" you can play at this match for prize money....you have to buy into them....talk to Rodger...I know NOTHING about them....

This is ALOT of fun...come and hang out if you dont want to shoot....its nice to get out and actually get to talk and shoot the shit with a bunch of other shooters....

Oh yea...there will be a small warming fire there as well as a heated trailer....

Hot damm that sounds freaking awsome......Heck I would gladly pay entry fees and work before and after with set-up/clean up. I have been looking for something exactly like this.....

But.....of course.....can't make it this weekend. I sure hope that such matches are on-going cause this weekend is my daughter's babtism....could try and sneak out but I think I'd be noticed.

Please keep me in the loop for the next match....

First Saturday of the month every month at Elk River until spring fo the old Finger Matches.
wink.gif

Adam

I will be there in feburary...look forward to meeting everyone

how are the elk river matches run???

The Princeton ones are every 3 weeks.....so this one is on the 6th...the next should be on the 27th......

This range isnt like others....you DO NOT have to be a member to shoot....and you dont have to do volunteer work.....everyone kinda chips in at the beginning of the match to help set up and tear down at the end....everyone helps.....

I'm a new member in MN and am thinking about going to Princeton this weekend. Should I bring toys or just watch to get the hang of it? I have shot some handgun competition and trap alot, but never rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tooldude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm a new member in MN and am thinking about going to Princeton this weekend. Should I bring toys or just watch to get the hang of it? I have shot some handgun competition and trap alot, but never rifle. </div></div>

If you have your rifle zeroed @ 100 yards and you know your come ups out to 500 go ahead and shoot.
wink.gif

Adam

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tooldude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm a new member in MN and am thinking about going to Princeton this weekend. Should I bring toys or just watch to get the hang of it? I have shot some handgun competition and trap alot, but never rifle. </div></div>

Welcome aboard tooldude!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bauer Arms</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tooldude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm a new member in MN and am thinking about going to Princeton this weekend. Should I bring toys or just watch to get the hang of it? I have shot some handgun competition and trap alot, but never rifle. </div></div>

If you have your rifle zeroed @ 100 yards and you know your come ups out to 500 go ahead and shoot.
wink.gif

Adam </div></div>Hell as long as its zero'd and you have 40 rnds bring it! Post up load and what it is and members here or while at the range could guess you close.... If you leave it at home, you'll regret it.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tooldude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm a new member in MN and am thinking about going to Princeton this weekend. Should I bring toys or just watch to get the hang of it? I have shot some handgun competition and trap alot, but never rifle. </div></div>BTW where ya from?

Buffalo
Looking forward to getting some experience and knowledge with long range stuff. Shoot lots of praire dogs in the spring and summer. Have a great 40,000 acre spot in S.D., all alone, great for shooting the bmg.

I know Buffalo pretty good....been through there MANY times.....like that beach in the summer...LOTs of good Scenery!!!

I put in that new development right off of CR35 west of Hwy25....as well as the one JUST south of town just past the 3-way stop sign on the East side of Hwy25.....and the School there on Cr12 (I think it was 12)....yea...Ive been there before....

tooldude, you are in Buffalo??? I am in Big Lake right up the road from you. Guess I am going to have to have a little Snipers Hide MN locals get together sometime soon!

Adam

Just head on out to the shoot...and bring your rifle....

The fastest way from buffalo would proboubly be run East on 35 through monticello...once you cross cr19 the road becomes 241...keep going till you hit hwy101 take a left and head north...once you cross hwy10 the road becomes hwy 169...run that to Princeton......on your way north you will see "Rum River Dr" Exit....keep going...you'll pass Hwy95....keep going...the NEXT exit after 95 is "Rum River Dr." AGAIN...yes it crosses twice....get off on that exit....at the bottom of the ramp hang a Left....you'll go past "Whitcombs Whitetails" (LOTS of LARGE deer in the fenced area right off the road)....you'll come up to a stop sign...go strait through it...the first house you see on the right side of the road (It'll be down a little ways) will be white....RIGHT after that house is a green gate on the right...drive through it and head all the way back....find a spot to park...and hopefully we will see you there....that drive shouldnt take you more than about 45min or so...

PS: DO NOT SPEED THROUGH MONTICELLO!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bauer Arms</div><div class="ubbcode-body">tooldude, you are in Buffalo??? I am in Big Lake right up the road from you. Guess I am going to have to have a little Snipers Hide MN locals get together sometime soon!

Adam</div></div> I was in Big Lake the other day at the pretend snowmobile parts store-Shade Tree. If they ever had anything I really needed I'd die on the spot. I am about 1 mile from Mill Creek Inn(as the crow flies).
Any good 308 recipes? I have some 168 smks, r-p brass prepared(except neck turned), TAC and H4895 and CCI br-2. Been playing with the 204 for the last few years. Iv'e got a GAP 700.

You were a few blocks from my house @ Shade Tree.
wink.gif

I have been using Varget mainly in my .308...

Adam

tooldude
40.0 gr h4895
168 gr sierra hpbt(match king)
go total max case length-2.800 inches

and welcome to the board

everybody
if you careto post please post your numbers so i can contact if a shoot comes up
id really like to get things set up for f class toureys
thanks

We should have a good group of shooters for the F Class in Elk River this spring/summer/fall if everyone is willing to pay the $20 and participate! I know there is a couple other members on arfcom that do not post here that will be interested also. Maybe get some of Sully's students from tactical reality to join in also. It's ALL of us that make these things happen and the more the merrier.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bauer Arms</div><div class="ubbcode-body">tooldude, you are in Buffalo??? I am in Big Lake right up the road from you. Guess I am going to have to have a little Snipers Hide MN locals get together sometime soon!

Adam </div></div>I smell BARBEQUE!!!!!!

I may not make it Sunday. Came down with the flu and can't hardley get off the couch. Oh so sore, tired and achy. BUt ift feels like it may be one of those fast passing kind, get hit hard and fast, feel better in a day or so.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longrange8541</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yea Adam....you could call the Barbeque a "Customer relations/appretiation!!!!!
grin.gif

WRITE OFF!!!!! </div></div>

I believe it is called "Meals & Entertainment" and yes we can arrange something here.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wi50</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I may not make it Sunday. Came down with the flu and can't hardley get off the couch. Oh so sore, tired and achy. BUt ift feels like it may be one of those fast passing kind, get hit hard and fast, feel better in a day or so. </div></div>

Marty say it ain't so!!! Damn man, I thought my safe was going to get a bit more empty.
wink.gif

If you get there around 8-8:30 you should be good...

From last years gig:

Time: 0900 until all ammo is gone or trigger fingers cease to function.

Course of Fire: 5 Sighting Shots From Any Position
10 Shots Standing in 10 Minutes,
10 Shots Sitting – Time to be determined,
10 Shots Prone – Time to be determined.
20 Shots Prone in 20 Minutes.

Equipment: Any safe center fire rifle.

Classes: Match Rifles, Military Rifles, Hunting Rifles

Damn!!

I should have stayed in MN and shot with you guys. I was going to shoot the match out here in Sacramento, but the guys out here are pussing out due to WX. It is going to be 37-47 degrees with rain and winds under 10 mph???

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wi50</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I may not make it Sunday. Came down with the flu and can't hardley get off the couch. Oh so sore, tired and achy. BUt ift feels like it may be one of those fast passing kind, get hit hard and fast, feel better in a day or so.</div></div>

Ill tell ya what Marty....that "Flu" is a bit more than 1 day of feeling like shit.....yea it comes on STRONG AS HELL but it stays that way for a FEW days....ya get the squirts... puking... fever.... SEVERE aches...sinus conjestion.....green shit in your lungs....and gennerally feal like death....
I felt so shitty the other day I just got drunk to numb it...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wi50</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I may not make it Sunday. Came down with the flu and can't hardley get off the couch. Oh so sore, tired and achy. BUt ift feels like it may be one of those fast passing kind, get hit hard and fast, feel better in a day or so. </div></div>Yep you'll miss out, sounds like very nice weather! Plus I have stuff for you...If you come bring the rest of the first lot of rounds that you took the 200 from, I'll pay ya for it all.

See you guys in the morning!! Gonna be interesting again....I uped the powder charge once again and I dont have dope...so we will see....Im pretty close though whith what I have....

Gonna try and get that M40A1 bedded sometime in the next couple of weeks...might acctually use it next match....we'll see...kinda depends on weather or not I can get those turrets put on the accurange Ive got...cant wait to shoot it...(and shoot something CHEAPER!!!!)

I will be at the next one. I have to do "Christmas" at family members house... I wish I could ditch out.

I'll be at the 300m at MRC though this month though!

I feel a little like livin again, so my plans are to get there.