• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Montana Elk/Deer, great hunt

dakota_goon

Private
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2007
Arnegard ND
Spent the opening week of Elk/Deer on the Stillwater/West Fork and had a great hunt. Cold, miserable and wet is my preference so mother nature complied and did her best to be accommodating. My brother got his first elk and made a nice 265yd down hill, quartering away, running shot, 300win mag went through and through both shoulders and dumped him without going 20yds after being hit.
Lots of smiles!

Dad shot a spike the next day and made a great 607 yd standing shot. Again, through and through. Entered at the shoulder and quartered through and out the far side ribs. DRT!

I had got to splish splash up a river to get under the herd of 40+ feeding under a treeline. We set up at a lazered 615yds and got a shot at a nice bull. And again, 300 win mag, through and through both shoulders. 50yd wobble and down.

We then filled out on our deer tags the next couple days. Great country, great group.

Attachments

• elk6.jpg
    elk6.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 19
  • elk2.jpg
    elk2.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 18