• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

More scope help lol

Devanzo

Private
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2022
Ohio
my scope budget has increased to around $1500 might be alil more once I get my tax return,but I have absolutely no clue were to start looking for scopes in the $1500 range,I checked yt an couldn’t find Jack shit so any help will be greatly appreciated

It would be our pleasure to discuss options as well as opportunities with you. As a long standing supporting vendor here, whether you buy from us or elsewhere, we are always here to assist.
If you have the time please give us a call, 516-217-1000

my scope budget has increased to around $1500 might be alil more once I get my tax return,but I have absolutely no clue were to start looking for scopes in the $1500 range,I checked yt an couldn’t find Jack shit so any help will be greatly appreciated
Have you searched this site? Or even google? Are you brand new to long range shooting?

Id also specify what rifle the scope is going on, how its going to be used (target, hunting, competition, etc) and any features you’re looking for or prioritizing.

A Gen2 Razor can be had for around $1500.00

Reactions: JDB55 and simonp
Have you searched this site? Or even google? Are you brand new to long range shooting?

Id also specify what rifle the scope is going on, how its going to be used (target, hunting, competition, etc) and any features you’re looking for or prioritizing.

A Gen2 Razor can be had for around $1500.00
Oh yeah sorry I forgot to add that stuff,but yeah I’m completely new to long range shooting the gun will pry be used mostly for long range steel an maybe alil woodchuck hunting around the farm so weigh doesn’t matter

I was thinking the same thing. Appears to be completely new to guns, as well. 🚩🚩🚩 Probably an ATF agent or some other FedBoi thinking he's slick.

The use of "pry" instead of "probably", and "alil" instead of "a little" tells me the OP is most-likely under the age of 25...Under 30 for sure.

Then again, it does say he's from Ohio...And that very well could explain everything. 🤣😂🤣

Congratulations - you're halfway there!

Just kidding. $1500 will get you into some of the good brands, like Nightforce, Vortex, Leupold, Swarovski, Trijicon, Schmidt & Bender... the possibilities really open up at about $1500. Which optic to buy is going to require a lot more information than a price range. What you're planning on using it for, what ranges, what rifle, etc.

But no matter what your use case and budget, you can count on one answer being consistent: "save another $1000 and get a _______" ;)

BTW, the gun industry is big on military/veteran/first responder discounts. If any of that describes you, be sure to ask about discounts before you buy anything.

I was thinking the same thing. Appears to be completely new to guns, as well. 🚩🚩🚩 Probably an ATF agent or some other FedBoi thinking he's slick.

The use of "pry" instead of "probably", and "alil" instead of "a little" tells me the OP is most-likely under the age of 25...Under 30 for sure.

Then again, it does say he's from Ohio...And that very well could explain everything. 🤣😂🤣

Reactions: Cutout
Good recommendation ^

OP you should cruise through the optics section and learn for a bit before spending $1500. Decide what features/mag range/reticle etc are important to you. Then research a bit.

You’ll also see scopes in MIl and MOA. The recommendation here is go MIl
Before you go mil make sure you can comprehend it. That's my thought.

Use the search function and just go read the other many threads on this same topic before you decide to spend 1500 or more. Seriously, it's the best thing you can do for yourself

Reactions: Cutout
Before you go mil make sure you can comprehend it. That's my thought.
If you can count to 10 and understand your reticle and use it as your “measuring” device for making corrections you’ll be fine