• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Morse Code and My Computer !!!

Killer Spade 13

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2011
Roswell, Ga.
OK, I am not insane and I'm not "hearing things . . .".

But I can detect very high pitched Morse code signals eminating from my desk top computer. If I were still 13 years old and a Boy Scout, I could probably decode it, but my senses aren't what they used to be, so . . .

Wish the heck I could find a good signalman to sit down and transcribe it for me.

If you have a gsm phone near a pair of computer speakers this will frequently show up. Especially right before a text message or phone call. Cdma doesn't seem to do it as much. Just feedback I think. Not sure if this is your case but something I've experienced.

You could be experiencing RFI. I am a ham radio operator and run a 1000 watt amp to contact distant stations around the world at certain times. One of your neighbors could be a ham radio operator. If you see a big antenna on top of a large tower that could be the source of RFI, radio frequency interference. It could be a CBer running high power illegally but they usually talk a lot and it will sometimes bleed over into your stereo. Keep track of the time and dates and if it's a consistent problem write or call the FCC and they will investigate the problem. I run morse code myself and if it's dits and dahs, it's definitely a ham bleeding over into your electronics. Good luck!

Just relax. The probing isn't that bad, and you get to ride on a really cool spaceship.

If you have a gsm phone near a pair of computer speakers this will frequently show up. Especially right before a text message or phone call. Cdma doesn't seem to do it as much. Just feedback I think. Not sure if this is your case but something I've experienced.

This is likely what you're hearing... If you're able to get into your operating system, I doubt you're describing the hardware status beep codes from POST bootup.

Keep on your aluminum hat...you're GTG

I have a similar issue on my laptop but I think it is coming from a HD that is about to expire.

Hardmix

- .... . -.-- ._. . -.-. --- -- .. -. --. - --- - .- -.- . -.-- --- ..- .- .-- .- -.--