• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

random-67.jpg

You really can't be serious.. If you think for ONE SECOND that your safety is in any way, shape or form a responsibility of car or truck drivers you are delusional. I've been riding motorcycles for 52 years and am still alive. You know why?????? Because every second I'm on two wheels I understand and embrace that fact that they ARE TRYING TO KILL ME and ride accordingly. Motorcyclists understand this..... I don't understand why bicyclists believe that any part of their personal safety will be embraced by 4, 6, 8 or 10 wheeled vehicles. I'm not saying it's "right or fair", but that's the reality of it. I've had car drivers look me in the eye, pull out at the last second, so close their fender corner went under the tail of my exhaust pipe... They are trying to kill you!!!!! Accept it and stay alive. Your rights and feelings are irrelevant.... I accepted that fact a long time ago.
Uh huh. Is that why Hardley riders swear that 'loud pipes save lives?'

I've ridden in SoCal and DC traffic for decades so keep trying to lecture me on the differences between motos and bicycles. There IS a difference. There are also similarities.

The biggest difference is that cyclists don't have a throttle to accelerate out of trouble. We're stuck taking the abuse and unsafe driving from the (thankfully tiny) percentage of drivers that drive with their head up their asses,

The similarty is that lane position is one of the biggest ways to avoid thoes DHUA types. So let me ask you a question: do you ride exclusively on the right side of the lane all the time or do you move around based on traffic conditions? If you move around your lane depending on lane and traffic conditions to keep safe, what makes you think cyclists don't/can't do the same thing for the same reasons?

Someone staring at their phone doesn't look anywhere but straight ahead when they do check the road. If you aren't in their sightline when they do manage to stop staring at the phone and you're not immediately visible, you're much more likely to be run over. Doubt me? Try it and see.

Those of us that spend real time riding figure this out quickly and adapt our riding to conditions. Get passed at the crest of a hill with someone coming more than once? Move left till traffic has to stay behind you till its safe. Too bad the guy driving the dump truck hadn't figured out that there may just be something coming as he pulled out to get around me just before a crest of a hill. The oncoming car wasn't speeding so he had time to jam on the brakes and get back in his lane.

Get passed into oncoming traffic? Move left till its safe for the car behind to pass? I can't stop the absolutely idiotic maneuvers but can mitigate them a bit. The moron in the Civic that passed me into oncoming traffic WHILE I WAS TURNING LEFT. I was on the DY with my arm out till the last second and Mr Rocket Science figured it was a good idea to pass me at over the speed limit to avoid a head-on. If I hadn't done one last shoulder check and straightened my turn, said moron would have certainly hit me. Thankfully, the person behind him had somewhat more of a brain and let me turn.

Believe it or not, most of us don't actually want you behind us more than is absolutely necessary. We're not on some power trip to see how many cars we can 'hold up despite what y'all seem to think.

M

Reactions: Keepmvng
They have really wide shoulders on a very busy road here where all the bike homos decide they have to ride, because of them really. Speed limits 55 and they still ride 2-3 wide in the lane of travel instead of the shoulder at least as wide as the lanes
you ever stopped to look at the crap on the shoulder?

Didn't think so

M

They seem to completely ignore traffic laws(which they are supposed to follow). The ones here will look back and see traffic coming then leave the shoulder they've been riding on and ride in the lane of travel blocking the road.

Years ago in a town not far away a pack of those twats got blown off the road by a semi pushing a headwind, I think the whole area celebrated.

I picked a guy up and drove him several miles home because I saw him pushing his road bike with a flat in cycling shoes(spare tube had a hole he said) guy acted like I was a prick for stopping. Probably won't make that mistake again.
When they Ignore traffic laws Its a get out of Jail Free Card to Smokem

Shitty drivers, shitty cyclists, shitty shooters. They are all out there and just as dangerous. Ranting about them isn't going to change their behavior and just avoid situations where you can put yourself in harms way. If cyclists are acting like assholes on the road just get out of their way because acting aggressively only increases the probability of a bad outcome that could forever change your life. This applies for the road with other vehicles as well as at the range.

The type of tanks that Imperial Japan built and fielded in World War II, would all today, fuction EXTREMELY well as remote controlled hazmat search and recon vehicles in industrial settings contaminated with chemical and radioactive materials, and where human crews cannot go because of fire and threat of imminent explosions, such as the site of recent large freight train wrecks or the site of the infamous Pepcon factory inferno. Outfitted with cameras and video equipment displaying various light frequencies, driven via a video game controller and a multi-screen computer workstation, and manipulator arms, claws, and drills/impact drivers, along with smaller and more precise robot arms fielding entire sets of ratchets, screwdrivers and plasma cutters, these types of vehicles would be perfectly suited for industrial first response.

Type-95 Ha-Go super light:

Type-97 Chi-Ha light/medium:

Towards the very end of the war, with supplies, raw materials, and industrial output running periously low, the Imperial Japanese army made several attempts to construct a much larger battle tank and tank destroyers capable of "one shot kills" on Allied armor. Only one design was actually produced, with 2-4 experimental vehicles that never made it onto the battlefield. That was the Type-5 Chi-Ri heavy tank destroyer. There is at least 1 specimen sitting in a museum in the US somewhere, captured from a cargo ship that had surrendered before reaching it's destination at a Pacific battlefield.

Last edited: