• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Moving Companies --They Do Safes Too?

Why that?
I just requested a quote from them.
They have very good google rating
Stay the fuck away!!!!!

They picked up my stuff, and I paid half to the guys that picked it up.

They promised a delivery date of XXXX. I took the week off to move in and they were a week and a half late.

They spent most of one day unloading the truck. Left a few things in the garage and were supposed to come back and move them. They never came back.

My gun safe was one of those items. They told me there was a $200 charge to move the safe inside the house, even though I already paid for that on the first installment.

They managed to break two bed frames, a dresser, a kitchen table, and a bunch of other shit that I’m not getting into because it only raises my blood pressure.

When trying to contact “Sam” at the company, I never received a call back, he never responded to emails and I said fuck it and have since moved on.

Call them right now and cancel and when they ask why, tell them Adam in Minnesota said you fucking suck and I value my shit.

Reactions: camocorvette
and they sub out all the work so In the end, they’re aren’t responsible for anything

They only take cash or money order so good fucking luck getting anything back.

images

Reactions: lonegunman762x51
So the move looks inevitable... The divorce over a year ago and the time saving and repairing credit have led up to this point. I have a good bit saved, got my credit up. I've been saving every month since the divorce actually, but things are still expensive and I always feel like I could have done better...

I'll try and keep this short though, I tend to write on and on.

So I called the safe mover and they want $2600. My mother told me to check out a DAV moving program for disabled vets but it only covers interstate moves and this is in state, so no joy. I do have an appraisal tomorrow from this one place but I don't know if they'll be able to handle the big safe.

I went online and looked around and it turns out some guys had their safes moved by the moving company they used, one guy mentions having his lathe and mill moved. But mine isn't a normal gun safe, it's 6000lbs, 3 tons, so it requires a special gate on a truck to begin with, plus movers capable of moving it safely.

Have any of you used movers that could move oversize or overweight items? Who did it? How much? For an in state move that is, I guess interstate moves are priced entirely different. Just looking for advice here Cape Town Moving Company, I'm sure some of you have been down this road already.
Hello. A friend needs to move across country, does anyone have experience with using a service to pack up a (small) household and transport it across country?

I hired a company to move some household goods. Guy showed up for the "estimate/evaluation", they noted the safe : physical size and weight. I told them specifically the weight, and showed them the specs. It was completely unloaded on moving day.

Well guess who showed up. 5 guys....each one about 125lbs soaking wet. The manager was the only guy with some size and bulk on him. Christ help us...I thought these guys were going to get crushed a few times struggling with the safe. Ended up getting it to the truck. Lord was watching us again. Safe on the lift gate...STRUGGLING to get this safe up and into the truck (I checked the sticker on the gate). Safe about tipped off the lift gate. F-k me....in the end all worked out just fine. I had a few drinks that night.

My point : Just cause they SAY they can move your safe be ready for ANYTHING to happen.

One of my safes weighs in at 7k pounds and had it moved by a local safe company about 50 miles.

I hired a company to move some household goods. Guy showed up for the "estimate/evaluation", they noted the safe : physical size and weight. I told them specifically the weight, and showed them the specs. It was completely unloaded on moving day.

Well guess who showed up. 5 guys....each one about 125lbs soaking wet. The manager was the only guy with some size and bulk on him. Christ help us...I thought these guys were going to get crushed a few times struggling with the safe. Ended up getting it to the truck. Lord was watching us again. Safe on the lift gate...STRUGGLING to get this safe up and into the truck (I checked the sticker on the gate). Safe about tipped off the lift gate. F-k me....in the end all worked out just fine. I had a few drinks that night.

My point : Just cause they SAY they can move your safe be ready for ANYTHING to happen.

Well guess who showed up. 5 guys....each one about 125lbs soaking wet. The manager was the only guy with some size and bulk on him. Christ help us...I thought these guys were going to get crushed a few times struggling with the safe. Ended up getting it to the truck. Lord was watching us again. Safe on the lift gate...STRUGGLING to get this safe up and into the truck Best Brooklyn Movers(I checked the sticker on the gate). Safe about tipped off the lift gate. F-k me....in the end all worked out just fine. I had a few drinks that night.

Best Brooklyn Movers
thank you so much for your suggestion

6000 lbs Damm that's more than some cars , I'm gonna have to goggle safes now and see one of these big ass safes, I've got 3 safes of various sizes and all three together don't weight half that , with the guns in them .

6000 lbs Damm that's more than some cars , I'm gonna have to goggle safes now and see one of these big ass safes, I've got 3 safes of various sizes and all three together don't weight half that , with the guns in them .
I just looked at some large safes, wow , some really nice stuff out there , and I thought the 60 gun safes at tractor supply were big , the largest one I viewed was 3500lbs and cost 15000.00 smackers, so selling and buying new is probably not a option .most of the bigger ones were 100 gun and up capacity.,hopefully I'll never have that problem ,I intend to live in this house till I die or get put in a nursing home , I hate moving with a passion, it sucks.