• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Moving to Minnesota:gun laws

I had considered attending law school in MN about 20 years ago and it was in Minneapolis. After looking at crime stats, population demographics, etc, I quickly discounted the idea. I can't even imagine what it is like now.

It's too bad. MN appears to have been a nice, low crime state that was overwhelmingly white and gun friendly. Then the 3rd world trash was let in by the Democrats with predictable results. That is their game plan for all the mostly white, conservative areas. Let in the 3rd world and turn it into a shit hole, which is the inevitable result.

Reactions: samadisoulcrusher
Although this thread is a bit old, I thought I'd share some information about gun laws in Minnesota. Minnesota has relatively lenient gun laws compared to some other states. As for conceal carry permits, the process involves completing a training course, which typically takes around 8 hours. The cost varies, but it's usually around $100. There is no specific residency requirement, so you can apply as soon as you establish residency in Minnesota.
I agree with your assessment of MN gun laws. These brand new gun laws are pretty dumb, however.

Just stay away from, say, Chicago Ave in downtown Minneapolis and the rest of the state is fine. Cold, then humid/hot, full of mosquitoes (and ticks in the late spring/easily summer) but it’s 20x better than Fargo ND! Far western ND is cool, but the eastern part is giant flat lakebed and near the 9th circle of hell.