• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

my 300 win mag finshed (now with first group shot)

ctharv117

Private
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2011
Oakland MD
www.rwbinnovations.com
CIMG0749.jpg

CIMG0748.jpg

CIMG0747.jpg

CIMG0746.jpg

CIMG0745.jpg

CIMG0750.jpg

kool thanks

here are the details

300 win mag
Eliseo RTM
Remington 700 receiver accurized my me
Krieger 30’’ barrel with a 1 in 10 twist…..1.250 DIA
Muzzle break made by me
Hogue grip
Harris bipod
Jewell trigger with bottom safety
AICS mags 10rd and 5rd
Sightron 8-32x56…..MOA ret and MOA turret

i am currently still in gunsmith training my shop will be opening in Garrett county MD hopefully June of 2012.

any questions please feel free to ask

and no i haven't made it to the range yet when i do i will post it

Re: my 300 win mag finshed

Pics aren't too big. Just grab the image code(IMG) from Photobucket by hovering over the pic and sliding down the cursor and clicking on it and then pasting it here.
CIMG0746.jpg

I hate when the outlet plug is installed upside down.....nice rifle btw

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hate when the outlet plug is installed upside down.....nice rifle btw </div></div>

if i remember correctly, that's actually the "proper" way of installing them. i think tradition has had everyone installing them the other way.

The outlet plugs are installed correctly. They are installed that was because if you were to put a metal face plate on them and it was to slide down, it would only hit the ground and not the hot and short out.
Good observation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cth1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">come on guys tell me what you think i want some insite on this.
should i have done any thing different? or what
</div></div>

Insite - get out and shoot that thing...let's see the range report. Stretch it out a little.

Otherwise, nice looking rig.

Very cool!. Plus 1 on shooting it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cth1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">come on guys tell me what you think i want some insite on this.
should i have done any thing different? or what
</div></div>

I would change the rifle case...it looks to damn heavy

I would change the rifle case...it looks to damn heavy[/quote]

yea the case is a little heavy but i only use it for storage at home and for long transport in the truck other wise i use my drag bag

It look's good to me , I would probably not put that forgrip on it but I have never used one ether so I cant say that I would not like it , just saying you asked If I would do anything different and thats about it .

Oh and Uso glass but I am a fan boy LOL .

I am looking forward to a range report from you , nice stick .

As long as it shoots the only things I would change is a FFP scope and remove that grip for offhand shots. Lets be real that rig is heavy as sin with a 30" barrel and an offhand shot with it would be pointless.

What is the total rig weight btw?

Good luck,
Merritt

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mwroseberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As long as it shoots the only things I would change is a FFP scope and remove that grip for offhand shots. Lets be real that rig is heavy as sin with a 30" barrel and an offhand shot with it would be pointless.

What is the total rig weight btw?

Good luck,
Merritt</div></div>

not sure that the weight is i dont have a scale here i will weight it this weekend when i get back to MD

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Truckman11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like you do good work</div></div>

thank you just hope it shoots as good as it looks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CanTarget</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The outlet plugs are installed correctly. They are installed that was because if you were to put a metal face plate on them and it was to slide down, it would only hit the ground and not the hot and short out.
Good observation.</div></div>

There is this new invention some of the guys on here may have heard about it. It is called “the screw”. Apparently it holds stuff to other things by mechanical means. So if you use this “the screw” your metal plate will not fall and short out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rpk762</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CanTarget</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The outlet plugs are installed correctly. They are installed that was because if you were to put a metal face plate on them and it was to slide down, it would only hit the ground and not the hot and short out.

There is this new invention some of the guys on here may have heard about it. It is called “the screw”. Apparently it holds stuff to other things by mechanical means. So if you use this “the screw” your metal plate will not fall and short out. </div></div>

i actually talked to my electrician buddy about this yesterday. the one i remember years ago telling me that the ground is supposed to be on top. he does commercial work and almost all his work is hospitals. i guess the ground on top is a hospital spec. he thinks it was nec a long time ago. he doesn't think nec specifies which way the ground should be on an outlet anymore, as far as he knows. i didn't ask him to go digging through the book though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rpk762</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CanTarget</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The outlet plugs are installed correctly. They are installed that was because if you were to put a metal face plate on them and it was to slide down, it would only hit the ground and not the hot and short out.

There is this new invention some of the guys on here may have heard about it. It is called &#147;the screw&#148;. Apparently it holds stuff to other things by mechanical means. So if you use this &#147;the screw&#148; your metal plate will not fall and short out. </div></div>

i actually talked to my electrician buddy about this yesterday. the one i remember years ago telling me that the ground is supposed to be on top. he does commercial work and almost all his work is hospitals. i guess the ground on top is a hospital spec. he thinks it was nec a long time ago. he doesn't think nec specifies which way the ground should be on an outlet anymore, as far as he knows. i didn't ask him to go digging through the book though.</div></div>

I am just giving you grief. It should be on top for the ground reason but I have mine the other way so it wedges the cord into the jack.

Nice rig! I had to take a double take at it because at first I didn't see the bolt handle and didn't think there was an AR platform that supported 300WM! I agree that the front grip is no good and pointless, as it must be like shouldering up a 50cal, weight wise. That's a fairly tight group. I assume you were shooting factory ammo, or was it just a "quicky" reload? Reloads should help tighten that up I reckon. When I first saw the group, I thought that's not bad for a gas gun, but like I said, I had to look again when the 300WM part sunk in. It's still sub MOA by all accounts, so apparently you did it right. Good job overall.