• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My CZ455 PT .22lr

scotheocelot

Private
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2013
Tornado Alley
My CZ455 PT. I am new to the precision rifle game so I figured a .22 lr is a good starting place. I have been lurking for a while but do not post much.

CZ455 PT
DIP Adjustable Sheer
DIP Bipod Locking Lever
DIP Lighten Spring (1-lb, 6-oz)
DIP Aluminum Mag Well
EGW 20 MOA Rail
Seekins 30mm Medium Precision Rings
Primary Arms 4-14x44 FFP Mil Mil Scope
PIG Rifle Stock Cover
Harris BRS Notched Bipod

null_zps5d74df16.jpg

null_zpscc459dd6.jpg

null_zpsf55ddfac.jpg

null_zpsbaf14eef.jpg

null_zps63e5077d.jpg

null_zps8c5a3a4a.jpg

null_zps017383b3.jpg

BIG THANK YOU to the men and women who provide quality posts on rifles and modifications that work. I was able to gather information that best suits my needs and budget.

Sweet I like it

That means a lot man! Your rifle is what inspired this setup.

One question for anyone with this rifle. Does your round ever have slight feeding problems? I have been shooting CCI only so far and sometimes the round almost gets bound. Then I have to put a little bit of force on the handle to drive it home. I put the DIP aluminum magwell in place and made sure the torque values were correct and the magazines like up with the rails which the bold slides. It happens about 1 outta 10-15 rds. Looking at the bullet (when I have a issue) it shows knicks on the tip where is was getting hung up. Any ideas?

Man yall are going to have to quit posting these PTs up. I want one so bad, good looking rifle.

Does your round ever have slight feeding problems?

Not since I purchased the single shot adapter for both my 455 American and Varmint.
Also, the single shot adapter has slowed down my rate of fire, considerably.
Not a bad thing as it forces me to focus on what I'm doing, which has improved my skills.
Saved me some cash too...not using up a brick a morning anymore.

Not since I purchased the single shot adapter for both my 455 American and Varmint.
Also, the single shot adapter has slowed down my rate of fire, considerably.
Not a bad thing as it forces me to focus on what I'm doing, which has improved my skills.
Saved me some cash too...not using up a brick a morning anymore.

Not to mention the fact that you no longer get your hands covered in match ammo lube. My most hated part of precision rimfire.

NIce setup.

I picked up a CZ 455 Tacticool a few months ago and have really enjoyed shooting it. It is completely stock as it came from the factory except for a small trigger adjustment. I have the 5 round mag and purchased a 10 rounder, and have had no feeding issues with Federal Bulk Pack and American Eagle, Winchester T22, Eley Sport, and Remington Golden Bullets. Crazy thing is that it seems to like the Federal Bulk Pack the best when it comes to accuracy.

Does the EGW base work well with the 11mm dovetail? I have the JP 11mm to Weaver adapters which are not working real well but to be fair I am not using the Burris Zee rings as they recommend.

NIce setup.

Does the EGW base work well with the 11mm dovetail? I have the JP 11mm to Weaver adapters which are not working real well but to be fair I am not using the Burris Zee rings as they recommend.

Absolutely! This setup is performing flawlessly as far as the base, rings and scope. The EGW has a very secure hold to the dovetail; no complaints. I have heard good things about the DIP rail.

Love the paint job; I can't wait to get a Manners stock for my .22. I'd be interested in seeing some of the groups it shoots when you get it out.

What kind of accuracy are you guys getting?

I haven't been able to get anywhere close to an inch at 100. I have tried CCI standard, RWS, and ELEY so far.

40 Yards. CCI .22 LR No supported stock rest (shot from a bench with tripod to support front).

I can see the bullet travel through the target clearly. I swear there are times when a random bullet will be left or right after putting 4 on top of each other because this was done indoors.

null_zps3dc0c241.jpg

This is my first time shooting a rifle so please have constructive criticism lol. Do most of you use a rear bag or monopod?

When shooting off the bench I use a bipod and rear bag.
To prevent odd impacts, I have to hold the left leg of the bipod
firmly to the table to prevent recoil jump/twitch.

Great looking Rig Bro! Mine is in the shop getting threaded barrel,tactical knob, tan coating on action and trigger job with DIP adjustable sear, Yodave spring kit and DIP extended mag catch

Have rifle bedded.

Always use a rear bag. They can serve multiple uses in the field.

I give a strong 2nd to these 2 suggestions. And I would add to that to get a better trigger. I went with a Timney and absolutely love it. I shoot off of a Harris bipod and Midway sand sock. The Harris moved around more than I would like so I added a YHM bipod adapter that nicely contours to the shape of the top of the Harris. And I had a rail installed. Rock solid this thing is. And get a Pod Loc too. I posted the results of these mods in my posting titled "First Day with CZ455PT and Bushnell G2DMR". Read lots of the other posts on this rifle and you will get some good data on setting up your rifle. That's a great looking paint job there. I love it when people go outside the box! Keep going in that direction to make the rifle uniquely yours.

Last edited:
Does anyone know where there is a tacticool or prec trainer in stock? Have not been able to find either of them. Thanks.

Sorry about that. Did not mean to get off topic but have not had any luck what so ever finding one of these.

Last edited:
Does anyone know where there is a tacticool or prec trainer in stock? Have not been able to find either of them. Thanks.

A little off topic rundm, but check out Wholesale Hunter online or any other large hunting rifle specialty store. Typically these large suppliers by multiple of models.

Sorry about that. Did not mean to get off topic but have not had any luck what so ever finding one of these.

You may also want to try CZ-USA directly.

That means a lot man! Your rifle is what inspired this setup.

One question for anyone with this rifle. Does your round ever have slight feeding problems? I have been shooting CCI only so far and sometimes the round almost gets bound. Then I have to put a little bit of force on the handle to drive it home. I put the DIP aluminum magwell in place and made sure the torque values were correct and the magazines like up with the rails which the bold slides. It happens about 1 outta 10-15 rds. Looking at the bullet (when I have a issue) it shows knicks on the tip where is was getting hung up. Any ideas?

So far no feeding problems though I do think my occasional first shot flyer (less than an inch from POA) is due to the round scraping on the barrel

I give a strong 2nd to these 2 suggestions. And I would add to that to get a better trigger. I went with a Timney and absolutely love it. I shoot off of a Harris bipod and Midway sand sock. The Harris moved around more than I would like so I added a YHM bipod adapter that nicely contours to the shape of the top of the Harris. And I had a rail installed. Rock solid this thing is. And get a Pod Loc too. I posted the results of these mods in my posting titled "First Day with CZ455PT and Bushnell G2DMR". Read lots of the other posts on this rifle and you will get some good data on setting up your rifle. That's a great looking paint job there. I love it when people go outside the box! Keep going in that direction to make the rifle uniquely yours.

the last 2 major things I plan on doing to my 455PT is replacing the barrel and trigger with a lijia and timney but that may have to wait a while. For the time being what I have works just fine

I got my VPT from Bud's Gunshop via Gunbroker.

I have mounted a BSA 4x14 using Burris XTR mounts on a DIP 25 MOA Extended rail. Harris Bipod. Stock colors. :)

Have the DIP bottom metal and extended mag release, and YoDave trigger kit.

you really had to go with the Navy "blueberries" pattern? Man that's the all-time ugliest uniform in the world! No, I forgot the old Army green tent. Ha, ha messing with you...forgive my obnoxiousness I am a Marine who is now "green side" Navy. I would do FMF Marpat but the patterns I see just don't look right. Your stock looks like an awesome finish.

My serious question to you: is that a DIY finish and is that the original barrel?

you really had to go with the Navy "blueberries" pattern? Man that's the all-time ugliest uniform in the world! No, I forgot the old Army green tent. Ha, ha messing with you...forgive my obnoxiousness I am a Marine who is now "green side" Navy. I would do FMF Marpat but the patterns I see just don't look right. Your stock looks like an awesome finish.

My serious question to you: is that a DIY finish and is that the original barrel?

No offense taken. Like I said its a "variation" of the navy bdu. Yes the barrel is untouched.

So I have been thinking about building a 22LR badass sniper rifle and this post has really inspired me. I was thinking the Remington 40x would be the way to go but after seeing all of your beautiful Cz 455s I am starting to reconsider. I checked with Lilja and they make drop in barrels and with the Timney trigger these things must be a hoot to shoot. It looks you can set up an awesome rig for 1/4 of the price a Blackops ravage costs.

So I have been thinking about building a 22LR badass sniper rifle and this post has really inspired me. I was thinking the Remington 40x would be the way to go but after seeing all of your beautiful Cz 455s I am starting to reconsider. I checked with Lilja and they make drop in barrels and with the Timney trigger these things must be a hoot to shoot. It looks you can set up an awesome rig for 1/4 of the price a Blackops ravage costs.

Exactly! Just as USMCCHET9296 mentioned, the Lilja barrel is a nice upgrade if you are serious about competing in .22 matches. I will enjoy this setup as long as I can before upgrading. For now this serves my purposes just fine. CZ makes fantastic firearms across the board. I do plan to get the barrel bedded as my next upgrade. Price is a driving factory for me when we are talking .22 I would rather build this setup for the 1/4 cost and use the money towards a "real" precision rifle.

Edit: And use saved money for my Saiga 12 shotgun ammo. I am addicted to shooting it. I posted in the shotgun section.

Last edited:
Great build and looks awesome . But I would say that as i have pretty much built the same thing :)

I am interested to get your feedback on the adjustable sear? I was tossing up between a timney and the dip sear an went the sear, so waiting for it to arrive.

Mine started as the 455 thumb hole varmint and I ended up getting the manners stock for it.

Being in Australia the manners cost nearly as much as the rifle, but has been a huge improvement in the way it shoots and how it handles.

I would like one of those Lilja barrels but got no chance getting one down here

Still got to get mine ceracoated and bedded yet...figure i spent so much on it already may as well go the whole hog.

Great build and looks awesome . But I would say that as i have pretty much built the same thing :)

I am interested to get your feedback on the adjustable sear? I was tossing up between a timney and the dip sear an went the sear, so waiting for it to arrive.

Good Day! First of all, let me say I LOVE V8 Supercars, Aussie women and some of the cars you can get a hold of there.

The DIP Adjustable Sear is simply badass. For as easy as it is the install, the trigger has ZERO creep. I ALSO purchased DIP's (4) spring kit, where you can choose from Heavy to Light. I had my gunsmith measure trigger pull so I could adjust to my liking. I used the 2nd to Lightest Spring which produced a 1#-5oz pull. The trigger has a smooth pull and a CRISP break. I have never used a Timney so I cannot directly compare. What I can tell you is I am completely satisfied with my DIP Sear & Spring combo, especially for the price.

I am a firm believer you get what you pay for, so if it came down to it, the Timney trigger should be nicer. Everyone who shoots this gun always compliments the trigger. If you haven't, I would look at their spring kit to find your ideal setup. You will have to post up your impressions.

G'day Mate :)

I have to say the opposite to you. Love the Indy and Nascar, American woman (think its the accent) and the freedom you guys have over there. Not to mention, being just a little bit jealous of the firearms you guys are allowed to own. We can only dream down here...anyway.......

I will definitely post up my feedback on the trigger once it gets here. I have a little Mod 1 Brno as well so If it gets close to that little rifle it will be better than I could hope for. I have a spring kit for it already and just waiting on the sear to arrive. I did think about the Timney, but figured for the money the adjustable sear was worth trying out and I can always get the timney later. I have already had the action polished and smoothed out a bit, so once the sear arrives I will get it installed, rifle pillar bedded and make it as nice as it can be.

Unfortunately its not as nice looking as your's, in fact its pretty plain in comparison to your paint job. But you have given me some ideas so I may just end up getting it ceracoated yet...May as well make it look as good as it shoots. I am tossing up whether to put a Badger EFR on mine as we do a bit of shooting with nightvision, but that is something I will have to import down the track..

The Manners stock really transforms the rifle, and it is a completely different gun to shoot. The thumbhole Stock was a little bit short for me so the longer LOP really made the rifle and the accuracy does seem to be better, but that may be just because it fits me better. I actually liked those manners stocks so much I ended up getting one for my 308 and now building a 338LM in one..figured I may as well have a complete collection ;)

I know I have over capitalised in the rifle, but there are plenty of worse things I could spend my $$ on.

Here it is as it stands...grabbed a quick one today. Have a few bits yet to go on it but that will happen when the sear arrives..

cz455-rs.jpg

cz455-rs2.jpg