• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

my shit afternoon.

LRI

Lance Criminal
Minuteman
  • Mar 14, 2010
    Sturgis, S. Dakota
    www.longriflesinc.com
    Kalli and I were taking Hesco, our King Shepherd, to a farm and fleet store today. They allow dogs. Just walking with my buddy on leash when suddenly the dog flips out and cries in pain. I kneel down to see WTF is going on and he bites me. Tore my right hand up good. As I kneel in the parking lot I touch the access cover embedded in the pavement. ZAP! I get a rather snorty jolt of 220V sizzling up my thigh from where my knee touched it. The ground was wet and apparently theres some kind of short under this access cover.

Poor pup had no idea what was going on. My hand was just collateral damage From him being scared shitless and being in pain. Hes fine other than pissing himself. My hand however didnt fair so well. Jury is out to see if ill need surgery. Its 7 deep puncture wounds. Hopefully its just sore but the doc wasnt too sure yet. Time will tell...

Just a freak deal all the way around.

SO if your local and go to the Runnings in Rpd City watch yourself when entering the buildings west side entrance. Theres a cover in the fire lane. I advised the store.manager after getting the dog calmed down and put back in the truck. Hopefully they get it looked at.

Ya never know when a shit sammich is gonna land in your lap. Lol

C.

Not a lawyer chaser but the last time I got zapped by either 220 or 440 it put me on my ass a few feet away. That was USMC in a hanger. This, I would be calling the owner of the company and asking wtf they intend to do about this. They at least owe you stitches/what ever, and repairing the electrical gripe that caused it

I think lawyers by and large create more.problems than they solve. Shit happens. If they knew of the problem and chose to ignore it then I might be more inclined to entertain the idea. The store manager was just as surprised as I was.

No ones getting sued. Its not how I roll.

C.

PS. Miles your a phuk! See ya buddy!

Chad,

Just be REAL careful about calling the vet / telling your doctor how it happened. Not sure what the local regs are like where you live, but over here they have to fill out a report that goes right to the local PD and they'll be showing up on your door in a day or two asking to "take the dog for observation". I shit you not, this HAPPENED to us when our old Shepherd got miffed at my toddler son a few years back after getting poked a few too many times with a pencil. Of course I was the "bad parent" with my back turned and only happened to turn around to see the final "poke" that launched the shepherd on my sons shoulder.....only a little broken-skin bruising, but my wife insisted on going to the doctor the next day ["1st child reaction"]), of course nothing an asprin wouldn't cure. Little did we know the Doc filled out "special paperwork" they didn't mention to us. Sure enough, Barney-Fife showed up WITH BACKUP to take our dog down to wherever they hold them for rabies observation. Long story short, but about $350, a few days in the pooch-pokey at the vet, LOTS of paperwork, and several days later both son and pooch are playing like nothing happened.

If I were you and had to get stitches, my reply would be to the hospital nurse, "yes mam, got my hand caught in a grinder / hooked on a protruding fence nail / fell on a sharp object / whatever", but never mentioning the word "dog".

Be well

Coming from an electrician a little bite(not the dogs) never hurt anyone now

suck it up & walk it off and get back to work on the group buy lol

Seriously tho glad to hear your both upright after the hit, doesn't always work out that way...

And the heck with the manager, public safety is who needs to be notified.

Chad,

Just be REAL careful about calling the vet / telling your doctor how it happened. Not sure what the local regs are like where you live, but over here they have to fill out a report that goes right to the local PD and they'll be showing up on your door in a day or two asking to "take the dog for observation". I shit you not, this HAPPENED to us when our old Shepherd got miffed at my toddler son a few years back after getting poked a few too many times with a pencil. Of course I was the "bad parent" with my back turned and only happened to turn around to see the final "poke" that launched the shepherd on my sons shoulder.....only a little broken-skin bruising, but my wife insisted on going to the doctor the next day ["1st child reaction"]), of course nothing an asprin wouldn't cure. Little did we know the Doc filled out "special paperwork" they didn't mention to us. Sure enough, Barney-Fife showed up WITH BACKUP to take our dog down to wherever they hold them for rabies observation. Long story short, but about $350, a few days in the pooch-pokey at the vet, LOTS of paperwork, and several days later both son and pooch are playing like nothing happened.

If I were you and had to get stitches, my reply would be to the hospital nurse, "yes mam, got my hand caught in a grinder / hooked on a protruding fence nail / fell on a sharp object / whatever", but never mentioning the word "dog".

Be well

I hear stories like this every day now. We are definitely a lost society. I think it's already too late to take this country back. Maybe 25 yrs ago would have been a good time? Just too many idiots now, and they're in charge.

On the electrical problem, I bet the light company would be the responsible party-unless it's wiring for the parking lot lighting....
    That lectro stuff sure is effective for something you can't see.

May be too late as You've already been to the ER. But as kevad68 mentioned...You may be opening up a can of worms for your poor dog you wish you hadn't.

Hopefully SD is as lenient as we are here in Montana.

My Malamute was in a death struggle with our neighbors problem rottweiler several years back. The rotty had Wiley in the corner of the house by our back porch. I had just been replacing the track for the sliding rear door. A rubber mallet was handy.
    I whacked that fucking rotty up side the head and that was all she wrote. But not before Wiley bit me a good one on my right hand. Bit me as fast as a snake too. Same deal as your guy...He surely didn't mean it. Sixteen stitches.

Best of Luck to You.

Damn, Malamute and a Rottie, not something I want to be around. I've had both and know what they are capable of. On a side note, the power company is probably the responsible party here and should be notified. Could be private area lighting though...

The er did file a report to the pd. I was asked to make a statement. It was worded very carefully. Then I get a call from the rpd city pd as it happened ther and I received treatment in Sturgis. Again my comments were very carefully crafted.

I feel pretty good in saying its a closed matter. If they did happen to show up at the house its likely to end up on the news. Hesco is Kalli and I's baby. Hes treated like a family member. (Spoiled bratt thanks to you guys who insist on sending goodies in the mail as GB bribes.)

Hes not going anywhere.

Kalli and I were taking Hesco, our King Shepherd, to a farm and fleet store today. They allow dogs. Just walking with my buddy on leash when suddenly the dog flips out and cries in pain. I kneel down to see WTF is going on and he bites me. Tore my right hand up good. As I kneel in the parking lot I touch the access cover embedded in the pavement. ZAP! I get a rather snorty jolt of 220V sizzling up my thigh from where my knee touched it. The ground was wet and apparently theres some kind of short under this access cover.

Poor pup had no idea what was going on. My hand was just collateral damage From him being scared shitless and being in pain. Hes fine other than pissing himself. My hand however didnt fair so well. Jury is out to see if ill need surgery. Its 7 deep puncture wounds. Hopefully its just sore but the doc wasnt too sure yet. Time will tell...

SO if your local and go to the Runnings in Rpd City watch yourself when entering the buildings west side entrance. Theres a cover in the fire lane. I advised the store.manager after getting the dog calmed down and put back in the truck. Hopefully they get it looked at.

C.

FUck dude, sorry to hear that. My Dachshund bit me and pierced the nail on my pointer finger, hurt like hell and that was just a tiny little prick compared to what you got, I'm a pussy I guess. Got any pictures of your hand? Post them if you want to gross people out.

That really sucks. I have had and have several shepherds and their bite can be devastating. I was just playing with my Shiloh Shepherd one day and my hand slid through his mouth and those back incisors cut my hand up something fierce. I didn't get stitches but I should have as it would have taken a good three to four to close it and it bled for days. I couldn't even imagine what it would have been like if he bit my hand on purpose. Those K9 teeth are very long and sharp. I hope all ends well. Shepherds are cool and smart dogs. The one that got me is in my avatar .

I have concluded after several educational experiences that it can be counterproductive to relate neighborly conflicts and matters concerning personal injury anywhere in public view.

If they come to your house, I'm guessing that the dog that bit you will have been another dog that you already put down (yourself as there wouldn't be a record of that) because of the bite. The dog currently living in the house is a different dog.

I praise you for not taking the bite out on your dog. I rescued a border collie that was horribly beaten before I got him. I put a harness on him to take him for a walk, and the moment the harness clicked, he flipped out. I reached in to undo the harness and like you got my hand bitten. I knew about the abuse, and just couldn't find it in me to abuse him more when he was clearly terrified. So I let him have the hand until I could undo the harness. The moment the harness was undone, he let go of my hand and looked at me as if he was really sorry and embarrassed by his behavior. He was never hit then, or for the remainder of his 14 years. The asshat that had him before us beat him so much that he was 98% blind, and I spent the rest of his life trying to show him that not all humans are like that. Letting him have the hand was one of the best decisions I ever made. Good on 'ya, and I hope your hand heals up OK. Mine was sore as hell, but didn't require any surgery.

my shit afternoon.

if my dog ever bit me thats grounds to put him down.
    If it's transferred aggression due to fright then it's a purely instinctive reaction, not an aggressive tendency in the animal and not grounds to euthanize the dog.

If it's transferred aggression due to fright then it's a purely instinctive reaction, not an aggressive tendency in the animal and not grounds to euthanize the dog.

Exactly. My best friend/dog bit me when I went to pick him up and rush him to the Animal Surgery after getting hit by a car because he was in so much pain and scared. I never even thought about it for the next 10 years of the dog's life.

Dogs can panic too, and most would if they were being electrocuted. Don't forget, they have 4 points of contact on the ground and they aren't wearing shoes to insulate themselves. Try to imagine (for just a moment) what is happening to them when they are trusting you and following you.

Not trying to sound like a tree-hugger/fish-kisser/feather sniffer.... just trying to add some reality to the scenario. Especially for those who make ridiculous statements such as that one. There needs to be a LITTLE understanding here.

Sorry to hear about your escapade, Chad. Hopefully you heal well and fast. And the root of the problem is dealt with. Now, aren't you glad that all your machines are operated by keyboard, so that you don't lose a single minute in production? ALL your customers will surely be happy.

(runnin' and duckin' for cover now haaaaaaaaaa)

Hopefully, if U don't have any hand joints violated, tendons or nerves disrupted, U should do ok
    Hopefully your Tetanus Toxoid is up to date and you are on antibiotics to prevent infection especially coverage for Eichinella Corrodens (most common bacteria in a dog's mouth :))

warm soaks 4 X /day...move the hand....good luck..

That is some shit Chad. Take the antibiotics and get better. Hopefully Hesco doesn't suffer any PTSD with the electro. ;)

Really now? You say this now tell said animal mauls your children.
    I own 2 125lb+ rotties that still have their balls intact and they are extremely well mannered. Will never hump shit or show signs of aggression, giant babies that love people, but still have instinctive guard dog personalities.
    You might be alright with a dog tearing you up but I for one am not. I could literally beat my dogs to death and they would never fight back. I would never do that of course as I truly believe dog is mans best friend, just giving you a reference to their devotion. It sounds to me like this dog has deeper problems than getting shocked by electricity. I would take it out back and shoot it and start again. The OP's story is why I will never get a rescue and will always start with a puppy. All rescues I've heard people adopting over the years have deep seeded issues...

my shit afternoon.

I own 2 125lb+ rotties that still have their balls intact and they are extremely well mannered. Will never hump shit or show signs of aggression, giant babies that love people, but still have instinctive guard dog personalities.
    You might be alright with a dog tearing you up but I for one am not. I could literally beat my dogs to death and they would never fight back. I would never do that of course as I truly believe dog is mans best friend, just giving you a reference to their devotion. It sounds to me like this dog has deeper problems than getting shocked by electricity. I would take it out back and shoot it and start again. The OP's story is why I will never get a rescue and will always start with a puppy. All rescues I've heard people adopting over the years have deep seeded issues...
    There is nothing wrong with rescue dogs. Animals are individuals; they have their own histories and personalities. It is the height of ignorance to paint an entire class of mixed breeds with the same brush.

And, of course, a mauling is not transferred aggression.

As pet owners we have a responsibility to understand why animals do things. People who, when they don't understand animal behavior, simply shoot their pets (or give then away) and start over are not responsible pet owners: they are at best ignorant, and at worst abusers and criminals.

Last edited:
    The dog didn't do anything wrong. If I thought someone electrocuted me (what the dog thought) I would bite them too! Poor fucker, imagine how bad it sucked for him!!!!!!

The city showed up for my dog there would be a problem. A big fucking "going to be on the news" problem.

You don't have to sue the store. They have insurance for this kind of stuff. They will be happy to cut you a check if you sign something saying you won't sue. And if you feel bad about taking the money use it to buy something nice for the dog. He just had the shit scared out of him.....and probably thinks you are to blame.

We adopted a little rescue dog from the humane society and when we got him home, he would be ferocious if anyone came near him when he was eating. Over time, and with a little love and patience this all went away. The little dog was only 5.5 pounds when we got him home, and was horribly skinny from starvation. As he realized that he didn't have to fight for his food, and that we would be the people feeding him regularly, he quit all the growling, snapping and ferocious behavior.

I can't imagine a world where I would be that small, and have to fight to survive AND fight to try and get food. Hell, even a cat would beat him out of the food bowl until we came along. He is so totally devoted to me now it is really neat.

It's gotten so ridiculous that some agencies K9 handlers, by law, were supposed to report bites that broke the skin from their own dogs while training ! If you were ever a K9 handler you know that is not infrequent, at least it never used to be. :) It was always reported as "fell on a board with exposed nails" If treatment was needed.

BTW... many K9's are in fact rescue dogs prior to training, as are seeing eye dogs. Every one I ever had except one was...

Last edited:
    Hopefully, if U don't have any hand joints violated, tendons or nerves disrupted, U should do ok
    Hopefully your Tetanus Toxoid is up to date and you are on antibiotics to prevent infection especially coverage for Eichinella Corrodens (most common bacteria in a dog's mouth :))

warm soaks 4 X /day...move the hand....good luck..

orthopaedic surgeon Huh!

Yeah nothing seizes a hand quicker than lack of use.

Chad,
    Sorry to hear about that. Seriously a freak thing there... I hope you heal well and don't need to be reworked. I hope you and yours have a good Thanksgiving - Semper Fi

People like you shouldn't own dogs, or guns, or breed.

Go back in your hole.
    This is America, if his dog bites him it is his choice to do as he will with it as it is my choice to do as I will. It's called freedom(yes we still have some left!) and think before you throw insults around. If my own dog took a bite out of me where I needed serious stitches yes I would put him down in a heartbeat. My thought process, my choice. The OP's thought process and choice is clearly diffrent and I would be worried about young children being near that dog if it chewed me up like he was. As an American I respect his choice, there is no need to jump in out out the blue and throw insults around. Much less against people you do not know in real life, would you attempt this crap in real life? I hate internet warriors such as you.

I'd feed you to my dog.

Need I say more. haha you are to much.
    InternetCommando.jpg

C.

That is a bad day man. I'm sorry.
    I have a 90 lbs Norwegian Elk Hound Named Hesco...I named mine kinda after the Hesco Barriers we had. Long story.
    Anyway, sucks about your hand and I hop all goes well with it.

You are completely clueless when it comes to raising dogs or understanding their instincts. Not saying your a bad person or a bad pet owner but the stuff you've been posting about in this thread is the typical uneducated stuff that goes round and round. I don't care for Graham, but you should probably listen to what he has to say cause he's 100% right.

FYI, I'm a current police k9 handler and trainer, just in case you were wondering why I decided to post in reference to this thread.

I don't care for Graham, but you should probably listen to what he has to say cause he's 100% right.
    I'm humbled: That's high praise right there, and from a guy I've never met.

Note to self: Next time don't say anything against Marines videoing themselves while urinating on dead bodies. Not only do you get threatening phone calls at your office, but the grudge lasts forever.

I'm humbled: That's high praise right there, and from a guy I've never met.

Note to self: Next time don't say anything against Marines videoing themselves while urinating on dead bodies. Not only do you get threatening phone calls at your office, but the grudge lasts forever.

I don't care what you do or don't say about the marines. I don't care for you because you come off like a know it all and you act like you're never wrong about ANYTHING...... As far as this issue goes though, you are right about it being transferred aggression due to the fright. There's nothing that would ever convince his dog is dangerous simply due to this incident alone, which is what Wildbill was do ignorantly implying.

You are completely clueless when it comes to raising dogs or understanding their instincts. Not saying your a bad person or a bad pet owner but the stuff you've been posting about in this thread is the typical uneducated stuff that goes round and round. I don't care for Graham, but you should probably listen to what he has to say cause he's 100% right.

FYI, I'm a current police k9 handler and trainer, just in case you were wondering why I decided to post in reference to this thread.

Honestly being a police k9 handler and trainer doesn't account for much, I don't know why you think that adds substance. I used to be a special operations sniper, woopdedo. That does not conclude that I am the end all be all source of information on long range target interdiction. Much as you are not the end all be all source on dog habits, if you think so you are a fool.

Without dragging this out into a post that turns into a book, Working dog and "pet" are two distinctively different animals....which as a "dog handler" you should grasp the concept of. I can understand this mentality in a working dog/ ex-working dog whos job is/was to bite. Not a pet. I raised my dogs from a young age to understand that their teeth hurt and therefore they don't bite people. To conclude that biting is a natural dog habit that you can't untrain is flat out ignorance. Much as "oh my dogs humping your leg, I can't break him of that it's only natural." bullshit.

I don't know how many dogs you have raised from puppies, but if you start with a puppy you can shape the way they turn out as adult dogs. Reinforce habits you approve of and stopping bad habbits in their tracks. Rescues/adult dogs you can not influence so readily. Any bad habits they learned/ picked up along the way are hard if not impossible to break.

my shit afternoon.

I don't care for you because you come off like a know it all and you act like you're never wrong about ANYTHING...... As far as this issue goes though, you are right....
    Irony will sometimes get in the way of an opinion. ?

Last edited: