• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My vintage Redfield 3-9 Accu-Range scope rebuild

Rainier42

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2010
New Hope, PA
Again posting here since it will appeal to all you vintage shooters out there.

Had purchased an Remington M40 repro from Kasumi here on the hide, which included a vintage Redfield Accu-track scope. Certainly not an original sniper as it was the typical shiny black. Scope was in excellent shape but was seeing some smudges on the inside of the glass, which I found to be annoying. Learned on the M14 forum that Connor, owner of Celtic rifles, is an expert on these scopes and will rebuild/re-annodize them. After speaking at length with Connor (the man is a wealth of info on US sniper rifles), he explained that my scope should not be re-anodized in green, but the satin black since each of these had specific years. With this, I packed up and shipped off my scope. Below are the results:

DSC03408_zps9bc564fe.jpg

DSC03409_zps5fe8d445.jpg

DSC03419_zps1124727e.jpg

DSC03421_zps899eb857.jpg

DSC03420_zpsfdd221b6.jpg

Looking forward to getting this one back!

Re: My vintage Redfield 3-9 Accu-track scope rebuild

Rainier42 glad to see this project come together, it took me a year to find the rifle, another six months to get the right scope, base & rings. You will be the guy to complete the whole package and I can't wait to see photos.

I got side tracked on the Harley, a 1975 Moto Guzzi 850T fell into my lap, your funds went towards that. I haven't decided if I will leave it stock or turn it into a V7 or Lemans clone. You can do so much with these 850T platforms. Or a cruiser for me & the wife.

Re: My vintage Redfield 3-9 Accu-Range rebuild

Kasumi ... Thanks you, I told you I would take good care of her!

Please send photos of that bike you are working on ... would love to see them.

Rainier,

Do you when the 2nd generation Accu-Range Redfield scopes were fielded by the USMC... there is reference to the 2nd-gen scopes in 1968 literature... but were the scopes actually on rifles in the field?

Very nice work... I am hoping to find a Accu-Range... 1st or 2nd generation... for my builds... plan to have Connor refurbish the scope as you have done... thanks!