• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Name this BCG! Mystery to me.

1911hombre

Old School
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 13, 2019
    East Central Minnesota
    Bought a used Noveske N4 on GB and it had this BCG in it. Curious if anyone has seen one like it. The Logo is on the left side of carrier about midway. Also notice angular cut on port side. Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
    IMG_1587.jpg
    IMG_1588.jpg

Fucking gunbroker. I like that site, but you gotta be very careful. Guys mis-label their hardware, whether out of ignorance, laziness, or maliciousness, all the damn time.

I don't believe that "logo" is the company who manufactured the BCG. It was probably just an option to add, or was added, for that BCG.

If you bought a factory "Noveske," I am assuming you spent at least 2k. If I spent 2k, I'd be contacting that seller to fix this deal. The fact that you already had the rifle transferred to you sucks, but unless they specified that the BCG was not factory, they should be willing to help you fix the issue...even if they helped pay half for a new one or whatever.

Then again, if it doesn't bother you, rock on. I just get irritated with the constant mis-representations.

Fucking gunbroker. I like that site, but you gotta be very careful. Guys mis-label their hardware, whether out of ignorance, laziness, or maliciousness, all the damn time.

I don't believe that "logo" is the company who manufactured the BCG. It was probably just an option to add, or was added, for that BCG.

If you bought a factory "Noveske," I am assuming you spent at least 2k. If I spent 2k, I'd be contacting that seller to fix this deal. The fact that you already had the rifle transferred to you sucks, but unless they specified that the BCG was not factory, they should be willing to help you fix the issue...even if they helped pay half for a new one or whatever.

Then again, if it doesn't bother you, rock on. I just get irritated with the constant mis-representations.
    No, not the case here. Nothing was misrepresented; I knew what I was buying and am more than happy with the gun, just curious if anyone had ever seen one of these carriers. I have been buying and selling on GunBroker since 2011 and never had a problem, never a dissapointment.... BUT I do my due diligence always.
    This Noveske I bought is a build. It is a matched pair of Chainsaw receivers with a 7 twist Noveske barrel and mid-length gas system. The receivers left the factory in Grants Pass on December 3, 2013. Gen 1 joy! Was kinda hoping this BCG had an interesting story.

I haven't seen angle cut 556 carrier like that in a long time.

Alpha Shooting Sports had one a long time ago like that. Rainier Arms had something similar in both phosphate, NiB and I think nitride. The angle cut bolt carriers were mostly smaller retailer house branded as far as I remember. I want to say the OEM is most likely Toolcraft but only because they still make it in a similar style for their 308 versions but I don't think anyone ever really knew who it was.

rainierprecisionbcg.JPG