• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Need help....... AICS and AI mag feed problems.

Tonmarchelli

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2012
Surprise, AZ
Ive got a Remington 700 sendero in 300 WM that i put in an AICS 1.5. when i load up the AI mags and insert the mag. the mag seems to drop down a hare then it becomes difficult to feed the bullets into the gun. so much so that it takes a good push to get the round in. and there are some decent feed marks on the brass. If i physically hold the mag into the rifle. the brass is much easier to feed into the gun.

ive looked at the mag and the mag-well and both seem fine. Does anybody else run into this?

Ill try to get some pics up in the next few days.

might need a longer mag release to hold the mag higher in the action?

If I am not mistaken, you can use a mag latch specifically for AICS and AW mags. You may have the wrong latch installed? Maybe I am too stupid about this whole setup.

Good luck!

If it feeds better by raising the magazine that is a clue. Shorten your pillars / check for the correct mag catch or anything to raise the mag.

Last edited:
Badger lists pillar height for the long action magnum DBM bottom metal as :

Rear : 1.030 "
Front : . 680"

Something has to set or establish this distance on your chassis.

Last edited:
If it's not working why not give Accuracy International North America a call in Fredericksburg? I'm sure they'll get you fixed up, you might not even have to send it off to them.

(540) 368-3108

If it's not working why not give Accuracy International North America a call in Fredericksburg? I'm sure they'll get you fixed up, you might not even have to send it off to them.

(540) 368-3108

Best course of action if you can not trouble shoot / repair yourself.