• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nemesis Vanquish in QFP lunch box case

andyman

Private
Minuteman
Dec 21, 2009
Thought I'd post a picture of the Nemesis Arms in the QFP case. Can't seem to find anybody with pictures of it so here it is! Notice the tight fit and I actually got the S&B 3x12 50 in there. NUTS! I also realized the gun comes stock with weaver rails but the AI scope mounts are standard 1913. Nothing a little machining time can't fix.

enjoy the pix and happy near years.

Nemesis42.jpg

Nemesis43.jpg

Nemesis44.jpg

Re: Nemesis Vanquish in QFP lunch box case

Nice bike and take down carbine!

I used to hop on my bike with all the pistol gear and go to out of town USPSA match's. You could do the same but go to tactical rifle match's which is a interesting way of including the bike in the equation.

Yea thats why I used my bike as reference to the size of the case! Needed something small so I don't have to lug around a big rifle. Not to mention its nearly impossible to bring my AI on my cessna. I can't even squeeze it into the cargo area without the case. Things too long.

I have not brought it to the range yet. Just haven't had the time. Will be heading down on wednesday to sight it in.

Nice toys...
Ducati, Nemesis, Cessna...

Howzabout adopting me?

Nice rifle. Let us know how it shoots...

I think you have a nice paperweight to show your friends

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cowboy1978</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think you have a nice paperweight to show your friends </div></div>

What a useless comment.

To buy one lol serious $ when a 500 dollor Walmart gun out shoot it out of the box. But you will look so so cool at the range. And it fits in your pocket.

Wait till u have a problem and u have to talk to David

He has sales reps on here all the time trying to talk up his guns they never fill out their profile they post 10-12 times

O by the way fill out ur profile

Nice Toys = ARE YOU HIRING?

Enough of that lets see some groups!

I thought there was a forum rule for being nice to new members? I may not be new but I don't post very often. And I choose not to fill out my profile. Never have, never will. I have no associations with David, I just bought a rifle from him. Don't most people here value their own privacy? Why would you want to fill out that profile?

There aren't very many rifles that will meet my specifications for transport and accuracy. I bought an AI 308 AW from a long time hide member here in the used forum back a few months ago. Couldn't get that to fit in my plane. Couldn't transport it in my old camry, and definitly couldn't take it with me on my bike. Rifles no good if I can't take it with me.

And to add actual substance to this post, the QFP lunchbox usually only works with the 1x or 2x scopes. I heavily modified the foam , the weaver rails to make this work. When I bought this case I really was afraid that the 3x12 scope wouldn't work. I just wanted to let the general population know, that it is possible and I've done it with pictures to prove.

Ur not new and it's a requirement to fill out profile

But ok the weapon is in good condition looks good in case glass looks good. And save up for the valve check on the desmo system

Wow! A guy posts a pic of his setup and just gets shut down? Nothing wrong with a Walmart gun and yes the Nemesis is expensive but so what? To each his own. I also own a Nemesis (Windrunner) and I love it. I am in no way affiliated with David, Nemesis, or any marketing involved with them. I am in the Army and shoot for fun on the civilian side and I can tell you I have consistently been hitting metal plates at 1,000 yards. I don't care if you don't personally like the Nemesis...in my opinion 99% of that stuff comes down to personal preference, but don't knock someone else for their choices. It's in poor taste.

Cowboy, you're a dick. And you're wrong. The forum rule #2 does read "You must fill out your profile with a city, state, and show a valid email address in your profile.
To do this, your city and state information goes in the "Geography" line.

The email we need to see is in the "Public Email Address" box. "

However, that is in the Rules for Posting in the For Sale Section. It is not located in the general forum rules. Get it right, dumbass.

That being said, I own the M96 Windrunner in 50BMG (your gun's big brother) and love the design and take down aspect of it. I was speaking with Robert Gradous on it a while back just bullshitting and he said he's seen some that shoot lights out, but others have trouble returning to zero after barrel removal/replacement. I believe him as he's a pretty sharp gunsmith and really knows his stuff. But it sounds like there are more good things said about it than bad so I think it's probably a shooter.

I finally took the rifle out to the range. Only had access to a 100yd range so I zero'ed for 100. First 5 shots were about 3 moa. Next 5 after that I managed to close it down to 1 moa. 30 minutes later, 1/2 moa. Woulda kept shooting but got kicked out of the range at closing time. I shoulda ran some bore paste after each shot for the first 20-30. Anyway not too bad. Can't wait till its really broken in!

Love to see a range report when you have time. That's a great looking set up. Thanks for sharing.

If you look closely at the 2nd picture, you'll notice that there is a hinged cover that seperates one half from another. It locks in place when you close it. One half is completely seperated from the other half.

Thats a sweet setup...I don't know why anyone would dislike it...

Looks like this rifle will be in the new Bourne Legacy movie.

I think it is a sweet rifle. Congrats on your new purchase.

Also, surprised no one said to flip the foam yet..scope should always be up near the carry handle...

I believe Nemesis Arms make the case.

That's a VERY cool rifle. Supposed to be a tack driver. I met the owner at one of the guns shows last year - he was very knowledgeable and friendly.

Their current case offering seems larger, like an aluminum briefcase. This clamshell looks easier to pack on a bike.

They have two cases. The larger one fits the Vanquish with the larger barrel. The Lunch Box case fits the Vanquish with the 16" barrel.

Not sure if its possible to flip the foam. The Scope protrues thru the other half of the case and I believe it hits something. Currently this is the only safe position. And yes I purchased this case with the rifle. Just ask for the lunchbox case when ordering.

I would venture to say that people talking **** on this are at least mildly jealous of this setup. I don't own anything near this (AI chassis fan here) but no matter what anybody says, being able to take a precision rifle on a bike is awesome. I have a 600rr and there is absolutely NO way I could put my pelican 1750 on that. You could throw that in an assault pack, throw in some ammo and the barrel and be ready to go. Save a little bit of cash riding the motorcycle too.

I just picked up a NIB unfired Nemesis in .308 at the Crossroads/SAR show in Phoenix. I had been talking with the owner at his booth at the SAR show and he demonstrated all the features of the rifle to me there, but said he was 90 days on orders because he is about to sign a contract with the Israeli Army for a large number of rifles.

Being the kind of guy who likes to pay cash and lay hands on my purchase, I decided to wait a while, but in the very farthest corner of the Crossroads gun show barn I saw one up for private sale. The guy at the table said it was new and unfired, and it appeared to still have the manufacturing oil on the action and in the barrel. He told me he bought it a couple of years ago but decided he didn't want it.

I snatched it up at a bargain price (no, I'm not telling you) using cash and the pseudonym "Ben Franklin" so it's completely off paper, which is my new requirement for buying any more guns.

Took it back to the Nemesis booth and spent about an hour with the owner getting educated on the rifle. The current model has some changes, including an AR-style buffer pin and spring as the detent on the barrel nut rather than a cross pin with spring so you can now assemble it with one hand instead of two.

I bought a bunch of accessories for it on the spot, including a 16" barrel (so it'll fit in the small case), a quad rail, an Ashbury Precision folding buttstock specially adapted for the Nemesis (Ashbury doesn't sell anything but full chassis systems except to the Nemesis owner by special arrangement) and he agreed to go over the action and update everything he can when he gets it back to headspace the new barrel, including a 20 MOA Picatinny rail, upgrading the bolt and reaming the chamber.

This model used a tighter .308 spec chamber reamer that's 25/1000's shorter (2.775) than the usual spec (2.800), which makes some factory ammo that's loaded to max commercial OAL of 2.800 stick the ogive into the lands, making it difficult to close the bolt and producing a danger of pulling a bullet if you try to eject an unfired round after seating it home.

The new spec adjusts the shoulder to prevent this and opens it up to 2.800 which should work fine with Federal Gold Medal Match.

Because the rifle is completely modular, I can mix and match options depending on the mission, and I'll have both the 16 and 20 inch barrels, and may buy some other caliber barrels as well.

I mounted a scope I had and stopped on the way back to sight it in and experienced the tight chamber with the Hornaday ammo I bought for the purpose. Took a solid smack on the bolt knob to get the bolt to close.

However, after using up a lot of rounds trying to figure out where I was shooting (I didn't have a spotter) I finally got it on paper at 100 yards...with five rounds left.

I was having the shakes that day due to some new medication, so my hold wasn't very good at all, but I got it to group about 3 inches with my final shots. Horrible so far, but as mentioned above the barrel needs to be broken in a bit, the chamber needs to be reamed, and I need to quit taking this med when I shoot.

I fully expect it to shoot substantially sub-MOA once I get it broken in and get a load worked up for it.

So far I'm very pleased with it, as it exactly fits the bill for a take-down bolt rifle that's easy to transport, and easy to carry about covertly without raising a lot of fuss.

It's going to go into a Pelican case with my Level IV body armor and quick-reaction gear, which will get locked down in the cargo area of my SUV, so I'll have it with me all the time on the road.

I'll be giving a more detailed analysis as I get to know the rifle.

Ok updated photos. Got the quad rail and a few other goodies.
I should post my targets but I lost them.

Nemesis45.jpg

The bike has too many fairings, but at least it has the dry clutch!
grin.gif
I've met the owner of nemesis and his wife; or should I say the owner and her husband??
laugh.gif
Real nice people.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The bike has too many fairings, but at least it has the dry clutch!
grin.gif
I've met the owner of nemesis and his wife; or should I say the owner and her husband??
laugh.gif
Real nice people. </div></div>

Too many fairings? I once rode a police Kawasaki KZ1300 with a half-fairing on it, and at 125 mph the front wheel floated up off the pavement...

Never did that again.

very nice, i got a huge case for my gun it's a pain lugging it around, atleast it has rollers.