• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New 5-25x50 Vudu

Has EOTech given out anymore specs at SHOT? Anybody ask them if they're made by LOW?

Another "thank you" to Ilya, for a very informative video. I have always wondered what the internal designs looked like, and how the different sections interacted with each other. Any additional general education videos on scopes (I'm sure) would be well received by many.

Has EOTech given out anymore specs at SHOT? Anybody ask them if they're made by LOW?
They are made by LOW, but the design was commissioned by EOTech, i.e. it is not a generic house design.
The scope looked pretty good. Better than I expected, but it is really difficult to say at SHOT. The reticle looked a little on the thick side, but I am OK with that.
It will be interesting to see the final product.

ILya

Reactions: Watchale
They are made by LOW, but the design was commissioned by EOTech, i.e. it is not a generic house design.
The scope looked pretty good. Better than I expected, but it is really difficult to say at SHOT. The reticle looked a little on the thick side, but I am OK with that.
It will be interesting to see the final product.

ILya
Thank you ILya, was it the H59 reticle or their new MD3 ret? If the MD3 did it look like it had .2 mil hash off windage stadia?

Does anyone know what the warranty is on these EOTech scopes?

THE EOTECH® ADVANTAGE WARRANTY

We understand your passion for the sport and your reliance on products that will provide years of dependable use. Should you experience a problem with your new Vudu rifle scope, we will make it right for you.

With this limited lifetime EOTech® Advantage Warranty, we warrant that the manufacture and use of your Vudu rifle scope will be free of defects in materials and workmanship, regardless of whether you are the original owner. Should your VuduTM rifle scope ever experience any defects in materials or workmanship, we will repair or replace it, as determined by EOTech®, with a comparable product, free of charge. We do this because we want you to be as confident in your purchase as we are in the quality of our product.

Not bad. Would like to see some some light Xmas tree markings ala g2/XR gen 2 but i really like the floating dot. This type of optic is a good fit on a gas gun, where dialing is not always available.

Not bad. Would like to see some some light Xmas tree markings ala g2/XR gen 2 but i really like the floating dot. This type of optic is a good fit on a gas gun, where dialing is not always available.
Isn’t there a dot in the middle. I can’t reelly see it.

Reactions: Primus
Found a picture of the MD3 reticle

I like it, was what I was hoping for, .2 mil hash and center floating dot, someone did their homework at EOTech. So now the big question is how good is the glass and the mechanics. This one is back on my hotlist... The price seems to good to be true, and I've often found that in the optics world if it's too good to be true... but here's hoping EOTech truly is bringing something worthy to the field.

Reactions: Watchale
I like the md3 a lot too. Still am interested to see if the h59 will be illuminated. Release date on their website says summer of 2018 so will most likely have lost interest by then haha.

I like the md3 a lot too. Still am interested to see if the h59 will be illuminated. Release date on their website says summer of 2018 so will most likely have lost interest by then haha.

Interesting Optics Planet has it on their site and you can add it to your cart, no where does it say backordered. Based on what Eotech stated I'm sure Optics Planet doesn't have it or even access to it yet. Shame on them.

My 2 cents...EOTech came to K&M last year and had several optics on the table for everyone to check out. I was impressed and was very fortunate to grab a 3-18 from the Lone Survivor table. Ive got it mounted on a 6XC and really like it. My match guns have GEN II Razors. The glass is impressive...even slightly better than one of my Razors. The manufacturing is STRONG. The turrets are very good, solid clicks, and tracks perfectly. Zero stop is awesome design. The only thing I would personally change is the thickness of the reticle...its a tiny bit too thick. Basically...i am quite anxious to get the 5-25 after owning the 3-18.

My 2 cents...EOTech came to K&M last year and had several optics on the table for everyone to check out. I was impressed and was very fortunate to grab a 3-18 from the Lone Survivor table. Ive got it mounted on a 6XC and really like it. My match guns have GEN II Razors. The glass is impressive...even slightly better than one of my Razors. The manufacturing is STRONG. The turrets are very good, solid clicks, and tracks perfectly. Zero stop is awesome design. The only thing I would personally change is the thickness of the reticle...its a tiny bit too thick. Basically...i am quite anxious to get the 5-25 after owning the 3-18.

I haven't handled any of the Vudu scopes but that is good to hear. And reviews are far and few between. But if the new 5-25 has glass as good as the Razor Gen II and it's quality is there with a tool less zero stop then it will certainly be on my short list.

im in the exact same boat...after picking up a 3.5-18 off a prize table, i put a 5-25 on order thru a local dealer as soon as i could, especially after seeing the new reticle, which was my only gripe on the 3.5-18

im in the exact same boat...after picking up a 3.5-18 off a prize table, i put a 5-25 on order thru a local dealer as soon as i could, especially after seeing the new reticle, which was my only gripe on the 3.5-18
So it sounds like the overall impression of the 3.5-18 vudu scope is that it is pretty impressive?

yes, in the $1500 range it had a lot to like...the tool-less resetting turrets, zero stop, illum, decent glass, etc...the only thing i didnt like was the reticle, which wasnt bad or unusable, just really basic for a scope coming out in this time frame

yes, in the $1500 range it had a lot to like...the tool-less resetting turrets, zero stop, illum, decent glass, etc...the only thing i didnt like was the reticle, which wasnt bad or unusable, just really basic for a scope coming out in this time frame
I curious on what size is the center dot on MD3

Reactions: Savedsoul88

not sure, i was replying to wjm about the 3.5-18x version i have which came with the plain mil-hash reticle...the md3 in the picture i saw looks good though

Reactions: bjay
EOTech hasn't even released anything on the MD3, the reticle was spotted by another savvy Hider. EOTech has given very little in regard to specs so far, would be nice if they'd put all the information up on their website soon.

I had my hands on one at the Eastern Outdoor show yesterday. It is very light. glass seems good. it was displayed on an AR with a magpul adjustable stock MOE I think. I had no issues with the eye box. glass seemed clear and sharp out to the edges. Throw lever seemed a little long, power ring adjusted easy. That will be a 2 minute fix if it is an issue. They offer a pretty decent discount for Military and LEOs. I will have one for my 6XC when it is released Rep said it would be end of May . Optics planet is taking orders at full retail right now. Over all it is an impressive scope Rep said they have a few out in the field for T and E I was hoping one of you guys had the opportunity to wring one out

I borrowed this rifle and optic for the K&M match last weekend and was impressed with the VUDU. Had absolutely no problems and the turrets tracked perfectly. Although the reticle was thick-ish, I think that the MD3 reticle will be perfect.

What’s the parallax for the 5-25x Vudu? I can’t seem to find it anywhere online.
Edit: I seen a video that mentioned 45-infinity. I was hopping it would have been closer to 20yds.

Last edited:
On a whim I picked up a 3.5-18x to try out while waiting for the 5-25x to come to market. Interesting optic. Won’t be able to compare it to anything optically for a while, but the mechanics are what’d you’d expect for the street price. Turrets are a bit mushy, but still very usable - the comparison here being my Minox and ATACR so I’d say overall the turrets are decent, perhaps reminiscent of my old NXS. Whole eyepiece rotates with magnification, which I dislike and don’t see mentioned anywhere when trying to do research. Though obviously the turret profile leaves something to be desired as they’re quite tall. Parallax goes to 15 (I assume) yards which was surprising, though the adjustment is very stiff. First impression is overall positive for the price.

Based on the pictures of the 5-25, it doesn’t look like the turret profile is changing and I suspect the eyepiece rotation won’t either.

I’ve played with the 3.5-18 and was very impressed. Turrets felt really good to me. Glass was right on par with my gen 2 Razor. Reticles is we’re this scope is lacking. More reticle choices and they would have a solid optic. I’m looking forward to seeing the 5-25. The only reason I don’t use the 3.5-18 more is because there’s not enough magnification. 18x doesn’t do it for me.

It looks like they are going to offer H59 in the 5-25 model, at least based on B&H’s website. It’s a $200 more, which is about standard for Horus reticles, but at least buyers will have the option if they want it. The MD3 is significantly improved to begin with but at least EOTech is listening to consumer feedback as well.

I have no experience with either the 3.5-18 or 5-25 but they look to be decent optics. The secondary market on the lower magnification model is/was pretty putrid so if you’re going to buy one at retail, I would probably plan on keeping it a while.

Would love to hear from some guys that are able to get their hands on them.

Are these priced correctly on optics planet? I know that place is kinda shitty but they are advertising 1599 for the MD3 reticle