• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New 5-25x50 Vudu

Think I will hold off on purchasing one of these..

Let us know how the warranty experience is.

I was ready to post my Steiner M5xi to get one but after reading this I think I will hold off for awhile to see if they get the issues worked out.

As to the warranty experience, I requested the RMA on 3/14, Friday night. They sent me the RMA Monday morning. The RMA didn’t give an estimated time for completion. They didn’t pay for the shipping charges. The scope was delivered 3/20. I haven’t heard anything from them, either saying they received it or giving any estimate on how long the repair will take. I’ll let you guys know how the rest of the warranty work goes.

2CADD458-9ECB-41BA-86CA-30CB5DE10A8A.jpeg

It does look good. I got lucky on my rings. It barely cleared.

Reactions: Wyzrd
Update on the warranty work, I just got an email from UPS saying I have a package expected for delivery tomorrow. Looks like they had it in shop for 4 days before shipping it back. Still haven’t heard anything from them at all. I’m out of town until Friday afternoon, so I won’t be able to see what they did until then. I’m curious to see if they repaired or replaced it. I’ll update again when I check it out.

Just got home and checked out the scope. The scope they sent me is a different serial number, so they did replace it as opposed to repair it. Everything looks good with it, but my last one seemed ok before I started shooting with it. I’ll mount it back up this afternoon and take it out tomorrow to test it. All in all, I’m pretty impressed with the warranty service. 4 day turn around after it was delivered. I still think it’s bullshit making people pay to return broken products, but it’s not like they’re the only ones that won’t.

Just got home and checked out the scope. The scope they sent me is a different serial number, so they did replace it as opposed to repair it. Everything looks good with it, but my last one seemed ok before I started shooting with it. I’ll mount it back up this afternoon and take it out tomorrow to test it. All in all, I’m pretty impressed with the warranty service. 4 day turn around after it was delivered. I still think it’s bullshit making people pay to return broken products, but it’s not like they’re the only ones that won’t.

Glad to see they took care of it.... hopefully it'll be good to go.

Just received mine today as well. First impressions are it's a well put together compact package. I really like the MD3 reticle a lot but the illumination isn't as bright as I was expecting it to be. Guess I was hoping for nuclear "EOTech holographic bright" but oh well. Glass seems to be decent, clear edge to edge but it does have a tiny bit of CA. Definitely a step up from the XTR II that it's replacing but isn't quite as good as the VX-6HD glass on my hunting gun. I'll get it mounted up tonight and have a better feel for the scope after a few days. So far though I like what I see.

Last edited:
I put it on my 6.5 Creedmoor gas gun. Seekins extra high (1.26”) rings fit perfect. Haven’t shot it yet but it is easy to get behind.

HAO1ozP.jpg

Last edited:
Ran mine in a match today.

I have zero complaints on it. Tracking was great from 150 yards to 1150 yards. Really like the throw lever.

Reactions: morganlamprecht
Shot the Vudu today and it ran flawlessly, no problems at all. This new one they sent me doesn’t have the green hue to the image my old one did and that someone earlier said theirs had. Image quality seemed about the same as the T5Xi 3-15 I replaced with the Vudu, which I have no complaints about. Also like the zero stop, it’s easy, simple and solid. I’m getting about 20-20.5 mils of usable elevation with a 100 yd zero on my AR15 with an ARC M10 QD-L 20 moa mount. Also, if anyone’s interested, the Tenebræx UAC006-FCR flip cover is perfect for the rotating ocular housing. I wrapped electrical tape around the eye piece 2-3 times and slid the cover over it, tightened the torque screw and it’s rock solid. The lid of the cover rotates 360 degrees so you can keep it out of the way no matter what mag setting you have the scope set to.

Last edited:
Reactions: truth and BoomerC
midway is still selling these 500$ under everyone else. says theyll be in 10-3
wonder how they do that...
You've got until Monday to take advantage of any lower prices, then the MAP holiday will be lifted and they will be back to 2199 and 1999 respectively for the foreseeable future.

@truth standard (35mm/ 1.38”) height mount.

Have 2 on the way and need to pick a mount set up that works. Would normally just slap a Sphur on it and call it good, but there just isn't enough room to go that route. You happy with the way that sits?

Ya, it works great. I’m a huge fan of ARC rings/ mounts anyway, and the standard height is perfect for the Vudu, just enough clearance for a flip cover on the objective with a flat top rail.

Ya, it works great. I’m a huge fan of ARC rings/ mounts anyway, and the standard height is perfect for the Vudu, just enough clearance for a flip cover on the objective with a flat top rail.

Roger that. Gracias.

Have 2 on the way and need to pick a mount set up that works. Would normally just slap a Sphur on it and call it good, but there just isn't enough room to go that route. You happy with the way that sits?

Mine is sitting in a qdp-4602. Fits just fine.

Reactions: truth
Overall everyone who has tried has liked? I am wanting to get a MD3 model for a Q Fix I picked up. I can get them for 1685.00, figured I would try one out. If anybody else wants one let me know!

Overall everyone who has tried has liked? I am wanting to get a MD3 model for a Q Fix I picked up. I can get them for 1685.00, figured I would try one out. If anybody else wants one let me know!

I love mine. Ran it in a few matches and it has performed flawlessly. The md3 reticle is probably one of my favorite reticles. It’s simple

I also really like mine. Great glass, great magnification range and love the short overall length. As stated above the reticle is fantastic with the floating dot.

Thanks for the heads up, has anyone had any trouble mounting them in 34mm mounts, I happen to have a Steiner t Series 34mm sitting here! Thanks

Work fine in ARC rings. These here are the 1.42 xhigh. Anything lower for my cheek/head position would be too low. I had to lower my cheek piece down after taking off my 1.5 inch Spuhr mount. I personally wouldn't recommend anything lower on the fix at least. Your head size and cheek weld may vary.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181202-191108.png
    Screenshot_20181202-191108.png
    3 MB · Views: 274
Reactions: withoutwarning
Here is a vudu on a hunting 300wsm. ARC low rings. 20moa base. I had to pull the scope as far back as I could without hitting the rail and it's really close to not being able to get behind the optic. If it had an adjustable stock where I could shorten it up, I would have. I would not recommend low .94 inch rings on a standard bolt gun because of the bell hitting the rail. You clear the Bell easily from the barrel, but the scope is so short you may hit the rail before getting it far enough back. I would need another whole inch of bringing the optic back.

The last two photos are of where the ATACR 4-16 sat on the rifle and where the Vudu is at the maxed out rearward position. While the eyebox is pretty good, it still needs to come back. Just so folks have an idea when mounting on a bolt rifle, still would need to have the objective over the rail. It's that short of an optic.

Attachments

• IMG_20181119_123038.jpg
    IMG_20181119_123038.jpg
    369.9 KB · Views: 308
  • Screenshot_20181203-201709.png
    Screenshot_20181203-201709.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 241
  • Screenshot_20181203-201756.png
    Screenshot_20181203-201756.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 210
Last edited:
Reactions: Wyzrd
Work fine in ARC rings. These here are the 1.42 xhigh. Anything lower for my cheek/head position would be too low. I had to lower my cheek piece down after taking off my 1.5 inch Spuhr mount. I personally wouldn't recommend anything lower on the fix at least. Your head size and cheek weld may vary.

That is a good looking combo.

Thanks so much for the good info. The Steiner mount I have is 1.57 tall. I guess the next question is spacing of rings if there adequate space for the scope to fit? I was wanting to find the eotech mount but.....rings will work as well, just wanted to use what I had if possible!

Thanks so much for the good info. The Steiner mount I have is 1.57 tall. I guess the next question is spacing of rings if there adequate space for the scope to fit? I was wanting to find the eotech mount but.....rings will work as well, just wanted to use what I had if possible!

Not sure about other mounts but the JP one piece mount I had was too wide to fit. I went with Seekins extra high rings on my Aero 6.5 Creedmoor and they worked out perfect for me.

Here is a vudu on a hunting 300wsm. ARC low rings. 20moa base. I had to pull the scope as far back as I could without hitting the rail and it's really close to not being able to get behind the optic. If it had an adjustable stock where I could shorten it up, I would have. I would not recommend low .94 inch rings on a standard bolt gun because of the bell hitting the rail. You clear the Bell easily from the barrel, but the scope is so short you may hit the rail before getting it far enough back. I would need another whole inch of bringing the optic back.

The last two photos are of where the ATACR 4-16 sat on the rifle and where the Vudu is at the maxed out rearward position. While the eyebox is pretty good, it still needs to come back. Just so folks have an idea when mounting on a bolt rifle, still would need to have the objective over the rail. It's that short of an optic.

Nice rifle. X-bolt speeds and long ranges are a favorite of mine; great shooters. I’ve got a .300 WSM also in a Hell’s Canyon Long Range with the McMillan stock. Thought about mounting my Vudu on it but the VX-6HD I have on there is already mounted as far back as possible on the rail and still almost not far enough back for me.

Good info for guys wanting to mount it on a bolt rig.

Can anyone give the length of the 34mm tube? I"m trying to verify that the Seekins MXM mount I already have will work.

Can anyone give the length of the 34mm tube? I"m trying to verify that the Seekins MXM mount I already have will work.

I can measure later but if my memory is right it's right at 4 3/4" max length on a one piece mount.

Anyone else get their hands on one of these? Still not very much info or reviews out there.
What would the glass be comparable to? I haven’t looked through too much myself, but how would the glass stack up against the Athlon Cronus or a Bushnell XRS-2?

Anyone else get their hands on one of these? Still not very much info or reviews out there.
What would the glass be comparable to? I haven’t looked through too much myself, but how would the glass stack up against the Athlon Cronus or a Bushnell XRS-2?
Still haven’t seen one around yet would also like to check the glass out!! But I can tell you that the XRS2 has amazing glass if you haven’t tried that option yet

Still haven’t seen one around yet would also like to check the glass out!! But I can tell you that the XRS2 has amazing glass if you haven’t tried that option yet

I’m trying to decide between the Vudu, a Bushnell DMR-II Pro, or a Delta Stryker HD 4.5-30x56 for my Desert Tech SRS. I really like the features on paper of the Vudu, but I have no idea if the glass is better or worse or on par with the other 2.

I’m trying to decide between the Vudu, a Bushnell DMR-II Pro, or a Delta Stryker HD 4.5-30x56 for my Desert Tech SRS. I really like the features on paper of the Vudu, but I have no idea if the glass is better or worse or on par with the other 2.
Awesome rifle I run the kahles 525i and haven’t looked back

That remidns me that I need to ping the EOTech guy I talked to at SHOT. I would like to test the 5-25x50 Vudu some time this year.

ILya

ILya, I just found you’re website a week ago and I was looking through hoping you had already done a review. Oh well, I might have to pick one up before then.

Out of curiosity, what would you pick between the Stryker HD 4.5-30 and the Bushnell DMR-ii Pro?

I understand they are a bit different, but I know you’ve spent a decent amount of time with the Stryker and not many people have.

I understand they are a bit different, but I know you’ve spent a decent amount of time with the Stryker and not many people have.
[/QUOTE]

I shot with the Vudu recently. It had the H59 reticle... It was okay, I felt like for the money being spent you could end up getting something in a tier higher for little more investment.

I was recently in this predicament. I ruled out the VUDU and the Bushnell options early on, Delta Stryker never made the card.

I was deciding between a Vortex Razor HD Gen 2, Leupold MARK 5 HD, and the NightForce ATAC-R Series. (all by the way would be great choices)

Have you considered any of those? Specially the Mark 5 HD series. They have some really lightweight options, the locking turrets are fantastic and I've not had a problem with them tracking. They seem like the BEST bang for the buck, specially if you don't need illumination.

I shot with the Vudu recently. It had the H59 reticle... It was okay, I felt like for the money being spent you could end up getting something in a tier higher for little more investment.

I was recently in this predicament. I ruled out the VUDU and the Bushnell options early on, Delta Stryker never made the card.

I was deciding between a Vortex Razor HD Gen 2, Leupold MARK 5 HD, and the NightForce ATAC-R Series. (all by the way would be great choices)

Have you considered any of those? Specially the Mark 5 HD series. They have some really lightweight options, the locking turrets are fantastic and I've not had a problem with them tracking. They seem like the BEST bang for the buck, specially if you don't need illumination.
[/QUOTE]

The biggest problem is I live in Canada and the prices up here are ridiculous. I ruled out the Razor Gen 2 because they’re too heavy for what I want. The ATACR’s are obviously awesome, but go for around $4500 here and that’s out of budget by quite a bit. Specs wise, I really like the Mark 5’s, but they go for about $3200.

I can get the DMR-2 Pro, Vudu, or Stryker for $1900-$2200. I’m trying to stay under $3k for scope and mount(Spuhr mounts are $500 here).

LOL I guess we can't an optic to Canada... can you come down here and bring one across the border?

ITAR? A scope? It should be a dual use item...

Perhaps @THEIS could better respond to this...

They’re ITAR controlled. It’s a nightmare. I could not buy one in the states and bring it back in my carry on legally, if that’s what you’re asking.
Is it a restriction with the flying? Can you drive down, pick one up and drive back?
idk sounds like a stupid predicament to be in, as if choosing an optic wasn't difficult enough