• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New 6mm Advanced Rifle Cartridge

Any ideas on the barrel life of a 6ARC?
I have 2 barrels that both have about 3000 rounds on them and they're still going strong. Based on powder volume vs. bore area, and just how the barrels look at various round counts vs. 6.5 Creedmoor, I'm guessing 4000-6000. Basically at every time I bore scoped them they looked like a 6.5 creed with half as many rounds.

ETA: Both of those are bolt-gun barrels I've been running 60ksi loads with, too. AR's with 52ksi loads should go a touch longer... Depends on where you call it for accuracy, too. I could see serviceable accuracy for 7-10k.

scored a 500ct of sierra tipped game king 90's. going to do some side by side comparisons of them vs. the 90 eldx with the same data soon.
Interested in your findings. Scored 500 of those as well a while back but haven't even set my XL750 up yet so got a ways before I'll be doing any loading. Hoping these work well for coyotes.

i recieved my arm or ally brass yesterday and it converted perfectly. ive always had great luck with arm or ally with ship times.

I also worked on some of my load development with my faxon 14.5" 6arc setup i use to night hunt. Ive been shooting the hornady black 105's all season with great luck. I chose the load on these that best matched the factory ammo (that shot great in this barrel) and loaded them to be super reliable, and are surprisingly pretty fur friendly. They have proven flat enough i can aim on fur out to 300 "ish" with a 50yd zero

Currently building a 16" setup so i can compare speeds with the same loads and help contribute to some barrel length calculations.

here is the data i landed on so far for 103g ELDX and 90g ELDX. I tried both varget and CFE with CFE providing much higher velocities. i may load a few boxes of varget just for the below zero nights we may be hunting.

1x hornady case
14.5" faxon heavy profile
mid length gas-unsuppressed
CCI BR4
1.70 O-Give (matches factory hornady black)
stone cold reliable piece in all weather conditions so far

VARGET 90g ELD-X
27.8-2450
28.0-2465 - best SD
28.2-2496

VARGET 103g ELD-X
26.0-2260
26.2-2300

CFE 90g ELD-X
30.0-2663
30.2-2700 - best SD
30.4-2710

CFE 103g ELD-X
26.8-2290
27.0-2320

I just scored some LVR from precision reloading and 500ct 90g sierra TGK's a couple weeks ago. i think i am going to keep my CFE for the loads i already developed (90+103eldx)

Where would be a good starting point for development with the sierra 90's and Lever? I'm fresh out of new hornady 6arc brass for testing so i may used some of the new 6.5g starline i held back for development. Thanks!

I saw in the Powder In Stock thread that Midway has the CCI #41 primers in stock. Complaints about the price but since I am running low I ordered. Limited to only 1000 at a time which sucks with the hazmat fee.

Question: anybody loading these for their 6 ARC? What can I expect to be different than with #400s - which is mostly what I have had to shoot?

Reactions: fifdynutz
Got confirmation yesterday from Legacy Sports that they will be importing Howa mini actions in 6mm ARC Q1 or Q2 of 2021.

I assume you meant 2022 right? If so that's what they told me in an email a few months ago as well. I can't wait to get one, should be an excellent, handy platform for the little ARC.

I saw in the Powder In Stock thread that Midway has the CCI #41 primers in stock. Complaints about the price but since I am running low I ordered. Limited to only 1000 at a time which sucks with the hazmat fee.

Question: anybody loading these for their 6 ARC? What can I expect to be different than with #400s - which is mostly what I have had to shoot?
Looked at that primer offering. With tax, shipping and hazmat it was like $124.00 total. I had to pass.

Here's my target from a couple weeks ago testing higher velocities with the CCI41 primers. My wife had my stapler, and I had limited supply of sticks to mount the targets so I decided to try and get some multiple groups on the same plate. one of my tricks is stapling on the side of the plate (assuming your rifle/bullets shoot straight).

Well, I was holding a bit high for 100yds(zeroed for 600). The first group had 3 or 4 shots cloverleafing (at least 3 shots touching), I'm not sure about the other 1 or 2 shots in that group. The bottom group is the fastest I'm gonna go and still sub MOA. I'm going to load up a hundred more in the top and bottom group and have see what turns out.
Still sitting on a sack of 500 new Grendle Cases that need to be formed too...

Attachments

• targets.jpg
    targets.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 107
now that ive got my order in, i'll spread the love

starline 6.5 brass in stock

Reactions: newageroman
What are you guys running for OAL with the 90g tgk's? I'm having a hell of a time getting mine to chamber properly

Does anyone have a good gunsmith who will do prefits for an Inpact 737r in 6mm ARC? My lathes are down for a move, and I’m out of touch with the current smiths out there. I’m trying to put together a lighter weight rifle for steel out to 1000y max, and was planning on a 6BR, but since I’ve already got all of the components 6 ARC seems like it’d do fine as well. Based on my 18” 6 ARC AR15 velocities with lower pressure loads (no issue at 1000), I was planning on doing the same with the bolt gun since it’ll run suppressed.

Is anyone else using the AMP Annealer on their brass?
I just went through another 300 cases Sunday using Pilot#001 code:B and got a result of 140.
This is for Starline once fired and 2x fired.
Is the Annealing code stable throughout the life of the brass? Can I use 140 forever or do I need to sacrifice 1 to anayze every so often. Just some ponderings...

I took a new friend to the range so we stayed under 500. I finished off some old plinking rounds with W748. He hadn't shot much past 100 so he had fun. We got his 308 on at 1/2/300yds. then I let him shoot the arc at 500. We were peppering a silhouette on the left side. There was a tad of wind so se had to hold left edge of target to hit center. Love shooting this AR. Only problem now is I can see my self turning into a glass snob. The Valdada is nice, I have a plan for my LR bolt rifle glass upgrade.

I found 1k BR4 primers and 1k SPP and another bottle of Leverevolution on Friday. PrecisionReloading has LL in 8# jugs right now BTW...

Anyone else get any fun stuff in recently?

Oooohhh. If I were looking for a barrel this one would be really high on my list...

The only thing is that +2 gas system. I have a regular rifle length and I don't see any need to "+" anything...

Oh man, I'm really going to need one of their ultra-match 18" fluted barrels. I've been looking for something exactly like that to replace or augment my heavy 21" Odin Works pig. After playing with the pig for a while, I really think a lighter 18" would be the perfect general ARC for my uses.

Unfortunately I just started putting together an Origin or that 18" would be on it's way to my house. I was actually originally going to get a PPC bolt head with my origin and make it into a 6mm ARC, but no one keeps any ARC barrels in stock and It seems like most barrel shops are 18-20 weeks out on an order made today. Think I'll go GT instead this time, maybe next barrel will be an ARC once things slow down a bit.

Yep, I'd guess H4350 would be too slow and too bulky to be able to load enough to hit pressure. That's why LVR works so well, it's between the Varget and 4350 burn rates and is pretty dense. I have a lot of StaBall I'd like to try, and while it's slower even than H4350, it's pretty dense so you should be able to fit a decent load in that tiny case. Per the data, not enough to equal LVR, but I am curious how close it will get.

Reactions: A&8's
Is anyone else using the AMP Annealer on their brass?
I just went through another 300 cases Sunday using Pilot#001 code:B and got a result of 140.
This is for Starline once fired and 2x fired.
Is the Annealing code stable throughout the life of the brass? Can I use 140 forever or do I need to sacrifice 1 to anayze every so often. Just some ponderings...

I took a new friend to the range so we stayed under 500. I finished off some old plinking rounds with W748. He hadn't shot much past 100 so he had fun. We got his 308 on at 1/2/300yds. then I let him shoot the arc at 500. We were peppering a silhouette on the left side. There was a tad of wind so se had to hold left edge of target to hit center. Love shooting this AR. Only problem now is I can see my self turning into a glass snob. The Valdada is nice, I have a plan for my LR bolt rifle glass upgrade.

I found 1k BR4 primers and 1k SPP and another bottle of Leverevolution on Friday. PrecisionReloading has LL in 8# jugs right now BTW...

Anyone else get any fun stuff in recently?
You just run the analysis once unless you're changing the brand/neck wall thickness/lot of brass. If it's super consistent, lot doesn't really matter that much; some brands have a significant amount of lot-to-lot variance in which case that comes into play. I assume you're not neck turning because you're not an oddball like me, in which case you can generally collect brass and do analysis once, then use that code for the life of that batch of brass.

Can't get enough in the case to make much use of H4350.

Yep, I'd guess H4350 would be too slow and too bulky to be able to load enough to hit pressure. That's why LVR works so well, it's between the Varget and 4350 burn rates and is pretty dense. I have a lot of StaBall I'd like to try, and while it's slower even than H4350, it's pretty dense so you should be able to fit a decent load in that tiny case. Per the data, not enough to equal LVR, but I am curious how close it will get.

I kinda figured as much.

I have some 2460 and power pro 4000mr I think I'll try. The PP4K may borderline too slow, too.

It sucks that compared to when I started reloading (1991), I would look in the book, find the bullet, find 1/2 dozen powders. Go to the LGS and pick up a lb of each and try. Nowadays, you go to the LGS to see what powder is available and reverse engineer it.

Oooohhh. If I were looking for a barrel this one would be really high on my list...

The only thing is that +2 gas system. I have a regular rifle length and I don't see any need to "+" anything...

+2 equals shorter dwell length, delays unlocking, less chamber pressure, less gas in the face, much better suppressed.

Reactions: alamo5000
...after searching for anyone using AR-Comp the threads seemed to die out once folks got hold of Lever and dropped the AR-Comp testing they were doing *sad* As I only have AR-Comp & 8208XBR available, wondering if folks that have tried either powder can post their results or message me their data. I understand that those powders will be better suited with <100gn projectiles so any info would be appreciated. I have some Nosler 105 RDF's and 70 grn Varmageddon's that I plan to start with once my 6.5Grendel Starline brass arrives. I'll be using a BA 18" barrel (only thing available @Brownells back in 2020).

+2 equals shorter dwell length, delays unlocking, less chamber pressure, less gas in the face, much better suppressed.
My 21" with +2 gas runs very nicely with a can and the gas turned down, which is how I run it all the time. I did notice with 85gr bullets I had to turn the gas up a click or two even though I was using heavier charges, but I guess that makes sense.

My 21" with +2 gas runs very nicely with a can and the gas turned down, which is how I run it all the time. I did notice with 85gr bullets I had to turn the gas up a click or two even though I was using heavier charges, but I guess that makes sense.

Fed 205's and CCI 450's here. No problems with consistency to report with the 450's.

Rem 7 1/2 are my go-to SRPs, but I'm getting low and using CCI 450s instead in my ARC.

Reactions: Jsp556
Just made another 300 rounds with Berger 105 BTs over LeverEvolution. 1/2 Blank headstamps and 1/2 Starlines.
I did spot some of the red oxide on the inside of necks from annealing. It looked minimal, but I did notice a difference between it it and other non annealed necks. Also noted how much smoother bullet seating was with the brass champhered on the inside of the necks.

I have 200 Nosler Custom Competition 105s to try next. I will most likely load in pairs up the powder charge to 28.0 Gn and a few 5 round groups going down from 28.0 and see how they go.

As far as primers I have used : CCI400, CCI41, Winchester, Wolf, - for the higher pressure rounds I like the 41s and the Wolfs - I got pierced primers with the 400s.

I have 300 6.5 Lapua Grendel brass I’m making into 6mm ARC.

focusing on the Hornady 105 BTHP, Sierra
107 hpbt, and the 103 ELD-X. One of em aught to work for pretty much everything.

I have 300 6.5 Lapua Grendel brass I’m making into 6mm ARC.

focusing on the Hornady 105 BTHP, Sierra
107 hpbt, and the 103 ELD-X. One of em aught to work for pretty much everything.
What powder? I'm interested in the 105 hornadys as a backup to the Bergs as they are available now and a tad cheaper.
Good luck

Had to dig... Never used them so can't say, but they appear to be listed in stock.

Using CFE223 and Lever to see which my rifle (I have a few) likes best.

A friend swears by 29.5grs of Lever' at 2600fps+ with a 105 Hornady HPBT at 2.310" COAL, Lapua brass and CCI 400s as his general purpose (targets and deer hunting) load, which will fit in an ASC mag (just barely).

What powder? I'm interested in the 105 Hornadys as a backup to the Bergs as they are available now and a tad cheaper.
Good luck