• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New 7SAW meat stick on a Mac Bros element.

evilsvt

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2005
college station, TX
I picked up the Manners TA off of the PX and didn’t really know what to do with it until I ended up with an extra MacBros element action. Figured I would give 7SAW a shot and see how it works on animals with the 140GR Absolute Hammers.

4DD1C566-7510-4C92-BEAF-6F3924CCBE11.jpeg

MacBros Element action
20” Bartlein carbon
Manners MCS-TA
Mark 5
AB raptor
TT Diamond

Last edited:
I picked up the Manners TA off of the PX and didn’t really know what to do with it until I ended up with an extra MacBros element action. Figured I would give 7SAW a shot and see how it works on animals with the 140GR Absolute Hammers.

View attachment 8351664

MacBros Element action
20” Bartlein carbon
Manners MCS-TA
Mark 5
AB raptor
TT Diamond
Very nice, should be fun. Type I or II reamer?

I just got my 7 SAW brass and dies for an upcoming barrel, but haven't decided on a Type I set up on a bighorn or a Type II on a tikka.

Very nice, should be fun. Type I or II reamer?

I just got my 7 SAW brass and dies for an upcoming barrel, but haven't decided on a Type I set up on a bighorn or a Type II on a tikka.
What's the difference in a T1 & T2 reamer? Which version is the Alpha Munitions Legacy reamer they sell?

What's the difference in a T1 & T2 reamer? Which version is the Alpha Munitions Legacy reamer they sell?

From WTO below, but I'd guess the "legacy" reamer is the original design with the .045 throat.

"For shooters using the AI A/W 10rd mags, Alpha Mags, or the extended Accurate-Mag AICS pattern magazines and 162-168gr VLD type bullets the 7mm SAW II chamber works perfectly, allowing full use of the magazine and seating the bullet bearing surface above the neck/shoulder junction of the case. The .150″ freebore on the SAW II chamberyields a max OAL of around 3.090″ with 183 SMK, for F-Class shooters who single load. We also have to option of a short .045″ throat 7mm SAW I chamber version for shooters who want to run standard AICS mags or Magpul AI pattern PMAG’s."

Last edited:
Reactions: FuhQ
Please enlighten me what’s so great about the
7 SAW I know next to nothing about it other than the name

Please enlighten me what’s so great about the
7 SAW I know next to nothing about it other than the name
cruise loads of 162s at mid 2800s and 180s at low to mid 2700s

lots of energy. good ballistics. decent choices of solids as well

SAWII reamer here. because Zermatt actions can handle it. might as well get the extra powder