• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NEW - Atlas CAL (Cant and Loc) Bipod - PRE-ORDER (added 12.14)

Thanks for posting lash! Is it easy to adjust the tension if your in a shooting position.

Yes, it is easy to reach and adjust. However...

dirthead1 said:
I've had mine for about a month and have used it several times. As to your question on ease of adjusting the tension from shooting position, I have found it to not be quite as easy to adjust as a Harris with lever installed. The amount of rotation required to go from "loose" to full "lock" is very small on the CAL. The Harris seems to have quite a bit more range of tension with a longer travel of the tension lever. With the CAL, when I have mine tightened enough to not move during firing and cycling the bolt, it's difficult to loosen the tension in the firing position. I really like the stability of the CAL and the wider stance, but I wish the tension adjust was more gradual, with a larger range from loose to locked.
Mine was also very touchy, but I had no issue adjusting it on the fly during a stage. I also use a few Harris pods with the same lock, but did not find it to be an issue in my case.

I've had mine for about a month and have used it several times. As to your question on ease of adjusting the tension from shooting position, I have found it to not be quite as easy to adjust as a Harris with lever installed. The amount of rotation required to go from "loose" to full "lock" is very small on the CAL. The Harris seems to have quite a bit more range of tension with a longer travel of the tension lever. With the CAL, when I have mine tightened enough to not move during firing and cycling the bolt, it's difficult to loosen the tension in the firing position. I really like the stability of the CAL and the wider stance, but I wish the tension adjust was more gradual, with a larger range from loose to locked.

I agree

Just picked mine up from the post office. I was excited to mount it up... until iI home and realized my RRS BTCA and B240LR clamp isn't going to work.

Guys running the CAL with a RRS clamp, which clamp are you running?

I haven't pulled my CAL apart, but you might be able to put a delrin or rubber washer to give a more gradual tension.

I had a delrin washer sitting around from my attempt to create a zero stop for my wife's Athlon Argos on her hunting rifle, worked great! I placed the washer between the locking collar and the brass washer already installed. The lever locks firmly(maybe even better than before since there is added resistance), but releases much easier now thanks to the delrin. Thanks for the great idea!
20180327_162621.jpg

http://www.reallyrightstuff.com/BTC-Pro-Clamp-for-Atlas-Bipod

That's what I use. It locks up nice, but I notice that it begins to slightly loosen itself every 20ish shots. Once loosened, it is free to slide along the rail about an inch before I notice. Anybody else experiencing this?

I've seen other guys using that. I went with the B2 40 LR because I wanted the lever instead of the knob, specifically because I didn't want I coming loose. I'm disappointed that there's no other option. If I wanted to use a knob, I would've stuck with the MPA RAT picatinny adapter

Reactions: Lonestar1027
I had a delrin washer sitting around from my attempt to create a zero stop for my wife's Athlon Argos on her hunting rifle, worked great! I placed the washer between the locking collar and the brass washer already installed. The lever locks firmly(maybe even better than before since there is added resistance), but releases much easier now thanks to the delrin. Thanks for the great idea!

Thanks for the idea! I didn't have any delrin at home, but did have a rubber washer that was about the right diameter. Tried it between the brass washer and knob, and that didn't do much, so then I put it underneath the brass washer. Huge improvement. I'm not sure how it will work long term, but I'm going to leave it there and see. Much more gradual increase in tension and easier to unlock in the shooting position. I do have some delrin at work and will cut a few washers to experiment with as well.

Reactions: MarinePMI
Good news: I called RRS and talked to Michael in their SOAR division. They are coming out with a product similar to the BTCA so you can use the CAL with their lever clamp products

Bad news: It's probably going to be another 6week's before they have anything

Good news: I called RRS and talked to Michael in their SOAR division. They are coming out with a product similar to the BTCA so you can use the CAL with their lever clamp products

Bad news: It's probably going to be another 6week's before they have anything
Won't the SC-LR work with the atlas adapter plate? Some pics here

http://soar.reallyrightstuff.com/SC-LR

Looks like plenty of clearance.

Won't the SC-LR work with the atlas adapter plate? Some pics here

http://soar.reallyrightstuff.com/SC-LR

Looks like plenty of clearance.

The issue isn't clearance. The issue is the BCTA adapter plate doesn't work with the CAL. The BCTA had a threaded hole that extends below the bottom edges of the plate. The CAL has a raised ridge, so the bottom of the threaded hole hits the ridge before you can screw down the adapter plate, while the V8 and PSR have a gap that allows the plate to sit flush and be screwed down

The issue isn't clearance. The issue is the BCTA adapter plate doesn't work with the CAL. The BCTA had a threaded hole that extends below the bottom edges of the plate. The CAL has a raised ridge, so the bottom of the threaded hole hits the ridge before you can screw down the adapter plate, while the V8 and PSR have a gap that allows the plate to sit flush and be screwed down

have you considered using the rats arca plate from MPA? it is built to work on the stanag cut of the atlas.

i
have you considered using the rats arca plate from MPA? it is built to work on the stanag cut of the atlas.

I have the RAT picatinny rail adapter, so for now, I'll just keep doing what I'm doing. What I wanted is a lever clamp rather than a twist knob, so I'm just being a whiny be-otch lol. The bipod is, as expected, incredible. The clamp from RRS is also incredible. I'm just disappointed I cant combine the two, but RRS will release something that'll work with the CAL and I'll be a happy camper

Last edited:
I anticipate liking the CAL so much, I'll trade my remaining PRS for a CAL.

Guys I've been told all SH orders have been shipped so Thank you again for your support and Thank you Lowlight for creating such a great place to go and be part of.

Also, we have added a spring under the Pod-Lok to get more tension prior to locking and all CAL's will now have this spring. Unfortunatly the first batch of CAL's did not have these springs hich is unfortunate for those guys that got thiers first. :)

However, we have also sent springs to the addys where all the first batch went to so You'll nned to install it and I apologize for that. And installation is easy, remove Pod-Lok, drop spring in cavity of Pod-Lok then replace onto CAL. Mo-betta!

Reactions: M77
Guys I've been told all SH orders have been shipped so Thank you again for your support and Thank you Lowlight for creating such a great place to go and be part of.

Also, we have added a spring under the Pod-Lok to get more tension prior to locking and all CAL's will now have this spring. Unfortunatly the first batch of CAL's did not have these springs hich is unfortunate for those guys that got thiers first. :)

However, we have also sent springs to the addys where all the first batch went to so You'll nned to install it and I apologize for that. And installation is easy, remove Pod-Lok, drop spring in cavity of Pod-Lok then replace onto CAL. Mo-betta!

Hi Kasey,
Mine shipped out this week.. am I reading it correctly that this more recent run had the spring included?

Sorry, I posted after looking at page 7.... the spring mentioned will provide a wider range of tension before the "lock" which is being posted about above. Yes all CAL's are now shipped with the spring and springs were sent to all addresses provided from the previous shipments of CAL's. So if you got a CAL from the firsst run, you'll get a spring. Clear as mud?

Reactions: M77 and B-P-UU
Sorry, I posted after looking at page 7.... the spring mentioned will provide a wider range of tension before the "lock" which is being posted about above. Yes all CAL's are now shipped with the spring and springs were sent to all addresses provided from the previous shipments of CAL's. So if you got a CAL from the firsst run, you'll get a spring. Clear as mud?

Excellent! Thanks a ton Kasey.

Correction, all orders shipped except 1. My apologies.
Kasey, Love the CAL along with my PSR. I ordered another CAL on Tuesday and shows back ordered. Would you please give me an estimated time these will be shipped?
Thank you.

Kasey, Love the CAL along with my PSR. I ordered another CAL on Tuesday and shows back ordered. Would you please give me an estimated time these will be shipped?
Thank you.

If backorders get filled before prepaid preorders... then yes, that will chap my ass

@Kasey, will we receive tracking info on our orders? Or just expect to see it in the mail in a day or two?

Order #24527 if it matters. I also noted SH and LEO. Thanks!

Thank you.

Thank you! I have not asked about that, I know we have built and shipped all we can and are waiting on more parts from metal finishers. I know we have a back log and are trying to ship first come, first served. I'll try to get an idea on units sold to be able to estimate a ship date.

All orders shipped??

If that is true, where are the 2 that I preordered/ prepaid?
If backorders get filled before prepaid preorders... then yes, that will chap my ass

ballistic1, I have looked for an order for "balistic1" and found no orders so then I looked for an order for "chap my ass", found no orders. So if you have an order number, I'll look for that. Also, FYI our clunky little system does not hold credit card information, so ALL orders, Pre-Orders and Back-orders are charged at the time the order is placed. Not that this will be agreeable to you, but it is a fact.

Reactions: lash
@Kasey, will we receive tracking info on our orders? Or just expect to see it in the mail in a day or two?

Order #24527 if it matters. I also noted SH and LEO. Thanks!

You should get a notice. Did you mention SH in comments or email us that your order was a SH intro?

Again, my apologies for this train wreck of an intro. As I mentioned, we introduced the CAL via SH, our customer newsletter and our dealer newsletter AT THE SAME TIME. So my co-workers were tasked with trying to keep them seperate.... ADD to that that I FAILED to instruct SH members to add "SH" to comment section of the order form in the OP, has caused ton of calls, emails and more time drain. Learned a lot on this one.

23991. Ordered Jan 26

Already pm'd you couple weeks ago, as well as emailed.. your office noted my inquest then
but I never heard anything more since then.

Your return Pm to me was auto generated, so probably why it is of no value to you

23991. Ordered Jan 26

Already pm'd you couple weeks ago, as well as emailed.. your office noted my inquest then
but I never heard anything more since then.

Your return Pm to me was auto generated, so probably why it is of no value to you

Thank you, your order has been located, NOT SHIPPED. I'll not try to explain what happened but will accept full responsibility and I apologize for my malfunction. As such you will be getting a full refund and your order will ship ASAP when parts arrive.

Regarding the PM auto generated statemement, I'm not following how a SH PM would auto generate a reply, if that is what you are stating, but I do know that I value you as a customer. I also know that in the future ALL comms on SH intros will be done through email.

No worries.. not concerned.. you guys are great and I have no qualms.
Refund is absolutely not necessary.. waiting is no big deal.. I have 13 of your Atlas bipods
now, so plenty to "get by" on. Lol

The only thing I meant by " chap my ass" was that now I have to listen to
guys like Bjay tell me how great his CAL is...! I should have put a :) there.. lol

I did just call and talk to Kasey to make sure he found/ had
my info and that it was conveyed that Im all good in waiting, etc.

Kasey had it already sorted out when I called. Class act.. Thank you

You should get a notice. Did you mention SH in comments or email us that your order was a SH intro?

Again, my apologies for this train wreck of an intro. As I mentioned, we introduced the CAL via SH, our customer newsletter and our dealer newsletter AT THE SAME TIME. So my co-workers were tasked with trying to keep them seperate.... ADD to that that I FAILED to instruct SH members to add "SH" to comment section of the order form in the OP, has caused ton of calls, emails and more time drain. Learned a lot on this one.

I mentioned SH and LEO in the comments and I received an email from one of your workers inquiring about SH. I emailed them noting SH and LEO as well as providing my SH name. Never received an email back from them though.

I don’t mind waiting so don’t worry about a refund I was just wondering if mine had shipped or not. No worries man!

Just a quick thank you to Kasey and the whole BT crew. Unsolicited, I just received a different spring for my new bipod. I like this bipod a lot and am using it to good effect. To me, this is an "above and beyond" response and worthy of mention.

That is all. ?

Edit: by "response" I mean a response to a mere three mentions here on the Hide, and those were pretty much only mentions/ mild critiques.

I was one of the first to receive the bipod and received the Pod-Loc spring today. Installed it and it works.

Got my spring today as well. Apology note not needed lol.

Spring arrived....didn't know I needed one but can't beat the updated part when you didn't ask. Sure wish I had bought two bipods.

Mine came today but we were not home at the time. Damn you signature required delivery!

I received mine yesterday, and all I can say is THANK YOU. High quality, nice firm mechanics, and a ton of stickers and even a poker chip. Outstanding.