• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NEW - Atlas CAL (Cant and Loc) Bipod - PRE-ORDER (added 12.14)

image.jpg
I thought that you meant like this:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    622.4 KB · Views: 103
I've just finished chasing orders down and answering PM's, instead of going back through all of them to locate the order numbers to update, I'll post them here. My apologies for not taking the time to PM and hope this will suffice.

23995, 23980, 24097, 23674 - will all ship from this next production run.

Also, let me say that of several hundred orders everyone of you have been beyond understanding about my malfunction in posting/asking additional information be sent in which in turn caused our shipping department problems. That I've gotten several PM's about orders and requests which most could have been eliminated had I done the OP right!!! Also, we got several orders for multiple products and as is our MO, unless otherwise noted, we held several orders back until we got all of the parts to ship the complete order and everyone of you have been good about it except one person that took exception to our practice. Consequently this one issue has taken a lot of employees time to research and trying to resolve, this issue and connecting emails to orders has left several employees questioning why we even do a SH intro offer. Well, as I told them, the lions share of fault belongs to Kasey and his OP, the individual issues are just that people being people and the one issue was just that, one in hundreds. We will get it better next time! In the whole of it, we do the SH intro to support this community which remains the best group of people anywhere. The few challenges we face in doing this will keep us honest and on our toes striving to do better.
Don't forget 23879!

Question for the people that got theirs already, do you get a shipping notice or tracking sent to your email? Thanks

Big thanks to customer service at BT / Accushot . They just updated my order
movements via email : via USPS it’s nearly a month for parcel to find its way
to Aus . At least USPS will ship ‘ firearm related ‘ items , we are having a lot
of problems with Fedex here in Aus , even with simple items like dies ....

Got ours in the mail this week, first one to land in Australia so they ARE coming @Clearlight mate.

I haven't shot off it yet, put it on the AT last night... It's SOLID, This is my first Atlas with non rotating feet so looking forward to that. The Pod-Loc is nice, doesn't get in the way and can be repositioned like on a Harris so easy to tension from any angle. In the box, stickers, a poker chip, catalogue and heaps of stuff... Very professional, extremely happy :)

Thanks Kasey and team!

Attachments

• CAL.JPG
    CAL.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 164
Just an FYI for those running these on a Dovetail with the RRS mounts. I run it backwards (another thing the Harris can not do) so that the handle faces away from the shooter on the CAL. I know you think I wand to adjust the tension looking down a live barrel..

While I can still work the tension, the tension adjustment sticks where it should, so I don't have to fuss with it much. But the reason for this is to use the bipod as a front barricade/recoil reducing device. Put your Game changer down, deploy your bipod in front on it shoot as normal, but even if you need to semi-free recoil (not that you should), self-spotting is a breeze. Makes those wacky sideways behind the rifle positions work much better. Even without the Game Changer this works excellent.

The picture below isn't the CAL but it shows what I am talking about.. I'll see if I have any shoots in a match with the bipod down in front of the bag. The image below from the DIY barricade simulator thread https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/updated-rrs-tripod-barricade-practice-device.6841189/

fence-baracade-stop1.jpg

Edited to add-- wish I had more :)

Thanks Kesey, Shot a lot of round already with it...Great product!

Last edited:
Reactions: kRcu
Sorry for the crude lines drawn on my phone, but can anyone with a CAL in hand measure this distance for me? I’m trying to figure out if there will be clearance for a new AIAT spigot mount I’m working on. I think a Harris with a Pod-Loc won’t work, but I’m hoping I’ll have the room for the CAL. Thanks!
020C1FE3-2EC3-4201-AFD2-56BFF3C9A7AB.jpeg

Reactions: kRcu
Not 100% precise , measurements shown are a few thou longer than actual .

Just picked up from the local post office , it’s even better than expected , thanks
Kasey and BT ! Range time tmrw .

Attachments

• C93C0115-37F3-46DE-89D3-EC9129228749.jpeg
    C93C0115-37F3-46DE-89D3-EC9129228749.jpeg
    350.5 KB · Views: 147
  • 74129A8F-DF27-413C-9530-B6CAC2036DD1.jpeg
    74129A8F-DF27-413C-9530-B6CAC2036DD1.jpeg
    337.8 KB · Views: 148
Reactions: spife7980
Not 100% precise , measurements shown are a few thou longer than actual .

Just picked up from the local post office , it’s even better than expected , thanks
Kasey and BT ! Range time tmrw .

Perfect! Exactly what I was looking for, thank you!

Very limited range time today with the new Atlas , just some quick plinking with a Sako
Quad range 22 lr . Feels like a Hybrid between an LRA , and a Rolls Royce built Harris ,
except without the clang and ring from the springs on the ole Harris . Shot the best
5 Shot group ever at a 100 ever with tihis rifle , around 0.3 , with RWS Target Rifle .

Regretting not getting 2 ! Can’t wait to try it on the 6.5’s back to back with the V8 , and
it’s getting some time on the big Magnums next week . Off a hard surface , it’s more
consistent than a V8 so far . Not sure if that will be the same in the dirt , prone .

Guys, we are hammering these out and will be shipping a ton of them out starting today and moving forward.

Regarding checking shippments noted here and through PM's, I'll ask about them.

Guys, we are hammering these out and will be shipping a ton of them out starting today and moving forward.

Regarding checking shippments noted here and through PM's, I'll ask about them.

Great news, looking for order 24398

So, when one of you guys either likes this better than your PSR, or you decide you liked your PSR......come find me. I’ll take either off your hands.

And it doesn’t even need a clamp. I have plenty of adm clamps laying around. ??

Absolutely. Practiced with mine a week ago and shot a match with it Sunday. It is a solid performer and super stable, especially with the Hawk Hill feet.

Those who want swivel or odd angles will be disappointed, but for solid shooting and wide stance, this one performs. I still may end up with it on my .338 LM for ELR, it's that solid. But this bipod has convinced me that it will not be my last Atlas.

Reactions: Chasing3
Mine showed up today, pretty stoked. They are solid and lock up very tight. Can't wait to get them to the range.

41040543161_f4f3a57639_b.jpg

Thanks for posting lash! Is it easy to adjust the tension if your in a shooting position.

Thanks for posting lash! Is it easy to adjust the tension if your in a shooting position.

I've had mine for about a month and have used it several times. As to your question on ease of adjusting the tension from shooting position, I have found it to not be quite as easy to adjust as a Harris with lever installed. The amount of rotation required to go from "loose" to full "lock" is very small on the CAL. The Harris seems to have quite a bit more range of tension with a longer travel of the tension lever. With the CAL, when I have mine tightened enough to not move during firing and cycling the bolt, it's difficult to loosen the tension in the firing position. I really like the stability of the CAL and the wider stance, but I wish the tension adjust was more gradual, with a larger range from loose to locked.

Reactions: Mosep
I haven't pulled my CAL apart, but you might be able to put a delrin or rubber washer to give a more gradual tension.

Reactions: stevenc23