• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NEW - Atlas CAL (Cant and Loc) Bipod - PRE-ORDER (added 12.14)

Got mine like the wider stance but you can’t use the pod loc and can’t feature at the same time. It’s either loc up ridged or floppy, if you sat to alittle tension on the pad loc and cant the pod loc comes unscrewed and gets floppy!! Got a spring from Atlas Friday and still doesn’t solve the problem. This bipod is only good for bench shooting when you want the bipod locked up solid after adjusted. Very disapointed

Last edited:
Got mine like the wider stance but you can’t use the pod loc and can’t feature at the same time. It’s either loc up ridged or floppy, if you sat to alittle tension on the pad loc and cant the pod loc comes unscrewed and gets floppy!! Got a spring from Atlas Friday and still doesn’t solve the problem. This bipod is only good for bench shooting when you want the bipod locked up solid after adjusted. Very disapointed

I agree with your assessment. I guess I was expecting to be able to control the tension like on my PSR. It's either on or off.. and when it's off, she's loose.
Also, tipping the rifle to the left tightens and the right loosens the bipod

I will say, it's a nice bipod and rock solid when tight, but not what I was expecting.

Huh... mine doesn't loosen or tighten from canting.

Though I will agree it doesn't seem designed for preloaded tension. Rather it seems designed to either be locked or loose.

If some of you aren't happy with yours, sell it in the EE for the same price you paid, I'm sure they will sell like hotcakes. I know I would be interested in one more. :p

Reactions: PRW666
Got mine and have to say it’s as good as I anticipated. I ran out to 700 with it today. Love it.

Attachments

• 5B302F7B-D25D-45BA-BFD9-B1CE0C762958.jpeg
    5B302F7B-D25D-45BA-BFD9-B1CE0C762958.jpeg
    512.8 KB · Views: 108
  • AA895A34-B0D5-4E33-B7F7-5576EECAB4ED.jpeg
    AA895A34-B0D5-4E33-B7F7-5576EECAB4ED.jpeg
    815.6 KB · Views: 101
I agree with your assessment. I guess I was expecting to be able to control the tension like on my PSR. It's either on or off.. and when it's off, she's loose.

I will say, it's a nice bipod and rock solid when tight, but not what I was expecting.

How does the Harris work? I don't have one, but wondered if it performed similarly. If so, lots of people use that, so it would seem the function of the Atlas matches that of its competitor. Anxious to hear this feedback as I was thinking of getting two of them until I read a few of these posts.

How does the Harris work? I don't have one, but wondered if it performed similarly. If so, lots of people use that, so it would seem the function of the Atlas matches that of its competitor. Anxious to hear this feedback as I was thinking of getting two of them until I read a few of these posts.
Works the same as the Harris. The only real difference is the Harris has metal pieces on each side and act as springs which kind of act like a leveler and makes the can’t a bit less floppy. For those that use it as set it and forget it, it’s not an issue.

Last edited:

bas402, Thank you for giving our CAL a try, we are always interested in feedback in an effort to satisfy the consumer. We also offer consumers 100% of thier money back if not satisfied. If the tension issue is all you find wrong then maybe we can address that, if there are other issues, then we can discuss those as well or refund your money. What would you like to do?

B-P-UU, Thank you for your support, does yours have the spring?

bas402, Thank you for giving our CAL a try, we are always interested in feedback in an effort to satisfy the consumer. We also offer consumers 100% of thier money back if not satisfied. If the tension issue is all you find wrong then maybe we can address that, if there are other issues, then we can discuss those as well or refund your money. What would you like to do?

Yes, I believe it does.. looks like wavy stacked washers. I didn't thread the lever all the way out. Mine was out if the 2nd batch as well.

Is there a way to change the clocking on the tension lever? Mine is fully locked at around 9:30. Was wondering if a guy can change that to say 6 or 7. Maybe a 2nd brass washer...

Yes, I believe it does.. looks like wavy stacked washers. I didn't thread the lever all the way out. Mine was out if the 2nd batch as well.

Is there a way to change the clocking on the tension lever? Mine is fully locked at around 9:30. Was wondering if a guy can change that to say 6 or 7. Maybe a 2nd brass washer...
Pretty sure you can pull the lever back/out to reset the clocked position...

Reactions: B-P-UU

pull out the lever and index it where ever you want.

Reactions: B-P-UU
Received mine last week and took it out. I like the cant lock feature as I can never seem to get my PSR to ever fully lock. The wider stance, slight increase in weight and the lock/lose nature of the cant lock favor an ELR-type set-up, so this is going to live on my 300. It won't replace my PSR on my gas gun set ups.

Received mine today and all I can say is that I am glad that I bought two! Mounted the first one on my 300 WM, low profile clamp mount, wide stance and I like that I can adjust it loose and with a slight load it locks up solid just like my TRG bipod. The other CAL is going on my Savage LRPV .223 tomorrow.

Thank you Kasey for a great product and an awesome SH deal.

Kasey
The tension is my only issue. Even with the spring added, it still is no good. It still loosens up if I get the tension in a workable setting. It is very touchy for sure. It seems as though spring washers ( belvelle). They need to be either behind of in front of the brass washers similar to the harris

Reactions: M77
Just received mine yesterday, this is my first atlas and I couldn’t be happier with the quality of this bipod. It locks up tight and doesn’t move. I just wish I would’ve got two.

Kasey
The tension is my only issue. Even with the spring added, it still is no good. It still loosens up if I get the tension in a workable setting. It is very touchy for sure. It seems as though spring washers ( belvelle). They need to be either behind of in front of the brass washers similar to the harris
I agree. I can't really find the happy medium of moveable but stable. Seems to be all or nothing and if it is tight it loosens when you try to rotate the rifle one way and locks up and won't rotate the other. Overall I love it except that but that's kind of important

Mine was delivered in the last few days. I assume it has the spring upgrade?

Not sure of my order number, but I placed my order on January 31st. Received it the other day can't wait to take it for a spin.

I agree. I can't really find the happy medium of moveable but stable. Seems to be all or nothing and if it is tight it loosens when you try to rotate the rifle one way and locks up and won't rotate the other. Overall I love it except that but that's kind of important

Hopefully Atlas or someone else will come up with a mod that gives that happy medium. I loved the bipod except the tension but that was a deal breaker for me so I sold my bipod. I tried different springs and washers but no go. If they can come up with a fix I will buy another.

Last edited:
I won’t sell mine so as not to give someone else the problem and them be unhappy, I will use it strictly testing loads from the bench. I learned a lesson on this one, never again will I buy first off gear no matter the mfgr. Maybe they can come up with a solution cause they make good stuff, just missed the boat on this one for me.
Just ordered an EVO

I won’t sell mine so as not to give someone else the problem and them be unhappy, I will use it strictly testing loads from the bench. I learned a lesson on this one, never again will I buy first off gear no matter the mfgr. Maybe they can come up with a solution cause they make good stuff, just missed the boat on this one for me.
Just ordered an EVO
To clarify, I think it is a good product. I would not have sold it if I thought it was a bad product. It just didn't meet my needs with the tension adjustment. As others have said, with the tight lockdown it will excel for some types of shooting, just not what I was looking for.

I have several Atlas bipods and decided to give these CAL bipods a try, as they looked like just what I wanted. I just receive a couple last week and I have noticed the same issue as others are stating. About the only way to use them is either with the Pod-Loc tightened and locked in place or too loose to be able to have a nice friction and be able to have a “preload tension”, as another has written.
I also have several Harris bipods and have put an ADM #AD-BP-P2 Bipod Mounts on some of them along with Pod-Locs. This is what I like on my converted Harris bipods. I can keep just enough tension on them to be able to adjust cant and they will hold position without having to tighten the Pod-Loc completely down.
So, I have looked over the design of both to see what the differences are. I am no design engineer, but the on the Harris, the Pod-Loc mounts right on the pivot point. On the Atlas CAL the Pod-Loc mounts on a screw that goes through a short slot that is about 5/16” lower than the pivot point. I believe the Harris allows a nice even pressure with the Pod-Loc and the bipod mount just turns with a nice even motion directly in under the Pod-Loc. The Atlas CAL Pod-Loc position does not allow this smooth motion, as the whole Pod-Loc moves across the bipod mount body in a left to right motion and the friction is between the Pod-Loc washer and moving it across the bipod mount back surface. I am not sure why Kasey has designed it this way, but I am sure he had his reasons. He is very smart at designing these things. I wish the Pod-Loc was mounted directly on the pivot point on these and I think they would be much smoother and you would be able to get the “preload tension” without having to tighten it solid. Time will tell if he comes up with anything to correct this issue, but I am not sure I want to keep mine with the way the tension system works. This is something you don’t really see in the pictures unless you know what you are looking for.
Some have suggested an EVO bipod. In looking at pictures of them, it looks to me like they mount the Pod-Loc in the same way, being below the actual pivot point.
It could very well be that I don’t know what I am talking about with this, but it is just my observations closely looking over both of them.

I have several Atlas bipods and decided to give these CAL bipods a try, as they looked like just what I wanted. I just receive a couple last week and I have noticed the same issue as others are stating. About the only way to use them is either with the Pod-Loc tightened and locked in place or too loose to be able to have a nice friction and be able to have a “preload tension”, as another has written.
I also have several Harris bipods and have put an ADM #AD-BP-P2 Bipod Mounts on some of them along with Pod-Locs. This is what I like on my converted Harris bipods. I can keep just enough tension on them to be able to adjust cant and they will hold position without having to tighten the Pod-Loc completely down.

Have you had a chance to try it with the delrin washer? I'm still waiting on my spring, but the washer gave me more adjustability in setting cant tension and resolved all of my issues with it, even without the spring fix. For me, it increased the locking force of the Pod-Loc without me exerting more force on the handle and allowed me to use the intermediate tensions that bas402 and stevenc23 were wanting.

Reactions: MarinePMI
I have not had a chance to try a delrin washer. I am not sure if I have any around that would work, or not. I will give it a try when I find one.

Home Depot or Ace should carry them in their small parts/fasteners section. Look folks, all the delrin washer does is give more volume/depth to be compressed by the locking arm; meaning that it increase the degrees in the arc of the arm as it tightens down. Thus giving the kinesthetic of a more gradual tightening. If you want more gradual tightening, pick something more compressible.

This is basic mechanics folks...

I love mine! I have had it for a while now and it does exactly what I want it to do. Loosens up moves around then locks so tight I know it won't slowly move like my few harris' do. Love the wide stance as well!

I had the same thoughts as a few of the above posters. I wasn't a big fan of how the cant tension adjustment felt, and that I couldn't really set it to be "medium-tight" and still be able to slightly adjust cant on the fly. I love how when I run the V8/PSR, I can leave the adjustment knob all the way loose and it is still tight enough that lifting the bolt doesn't disturb the cant, but still plenty easy to adjust the rifle's cant when you are shouldered up to it. I don't think I have ever needed to lock down the adjustment on my V8/PSR in order for the rifle to be stable and hold its cant.

I don't think that the CAL has a problem or anything like that, it is just a different feel than what I was expecting and I discovered that I prefer the originals better! The CAL is certainly the same high quality, rugged and reliable unit as all of the other B&T bipods, and many people seem to be loving them so far, so that is great. Just more diversity in B&T's bipod product line to suit the different needs/preferences of each shooter!

How does one reclock the tensioning lever? All I see is the locking lever with the 2 pin holes at the base of the lever. Mine will go into full lock at around the 11 o'clock position. I would like it to somewhat tighten more at the 6 or 7 position. And I don't run mine fully locked. I like a little can't movement with my bipod. Years of shooting with a Parker Hale and TRG Bipod likes the little looseness up front.

How does one reclock the tensioning lever? All I see is the locking lever with the 2 pin holes at the base of the lever. Mine will go into full lock at around the 11 o'clock position. I would like it to somewhat tighten more at the 6 or 7 position. And I don't run mine fully locked. I like a little can't movement with my bipod. Years of shooting with a Parker Hale and TRG Bipod likes the little looseness up front.
You pull back hard on the lever (straight back), which disengages the lever. Then turn the lever to where you want it to be and let it back in until it seats solidly again.

Reactions: Bacarrat
Pull with authority as stated above. You're fighting spring tension and you can pull it halfway thinking you're there, but you're not.

Reactions: Bacarrat
So for anyone that's used the Harris Bipod with the pod-loc and now the Cal which do you think is easier to adjust and better? Specifically if your moving to different shooting stages and being timed?

The Harris will always be faster deploying/stowing, the CAL will always be more stiff/stable. Depends on the stage and prop...

Reactions: lash
Thanks for the responses. Trying to decide if the Cal is worth the extra money and stability for my needs compared to the Harris.

As indicated, it really depends on what your needs are. Having used the CAL in a match already, I will likely move it now to my .338 LM for ELR use, as that was my intent to begin with. For active match use involving odd positions and rapid transitions, I would choose one of the other Atlas offerings, like the PSR or original Atlas bipod. Other than that, my Harris will do for now too. The CAL, however is a superior choice for my .338 as its wide stance and rock solid support, coupled with the lack of side to side swivel are exactly what I was looking for.

As mentioned by Kasey in another thread, the different models all fill a slightly different role and meet different people's preferences. The CAL is not intended to be the end-all-be-all of bipods. It is simply another choice that fills another niche.

bas402 - called the number provided, no joy. Message said it was disconeccted. Please call 316.721.3222 and ask for me. Thanks.

Last edited:
bas402 - called the number provided, no joy. Message said it was disconeccted. Please call 316.721.3222 and ask for me. Thanks.
Yea I fat fingered the number! Sorry about that I will give you a call tomorrow! Thanks

I got my springs. They improve/enhance the tension setting on the pod lock. I really like the cal definitely adds stability and in my case less reaching to the spigot on my AI.

I'm a little bummed. I pre-ordered mine Jan 9 2018 and I still haven't received mine. Was told pre-orders would ship in March, but here we are in April :\

My first atlas and I'm super excited but man! The wait is killing me.

I'm a little bummed. I pre-ordered mine Jan 9 2018 and I still haven't received mine. Was told pre-orders would ship in March, but here we are in April :\

My first atlas and I'm super excited but man! The wait is killing me.

Don’t be I’m in the same boat as you. I called them up when Kasey posted all SH orders had shipped. Mine just wasn’t marked SH but was in with the next batch to go out I was told. Yours prolly is as well.

Don’t be I’m in the same boat as you. I called them up when Kasey posted all SH orders had shipped. Mine just wasn’t marked SH but was in with the next batch to go out I was told. Yours prolly is as well.
Yeah that could very well be the case. I forgot to put the SH bit in my order so that was my bad. At the time of my order I was so excited I just clicked the link and ordered. Didn't read the bit about adding notes until now lol. Shame on me.

Had a great conversation with Kasey today about my CAL tension issue. He is committed to the resolution for this problem and after our conversation I can assure you “he is”! We discussed my issues and he asked specific questions and listened carefully to be sure of the understanding between us. It is very comforting to know not only do they strive to make the best product but they listen and I don’t sway easy! I feel very confident the correct solution will come soon. Thanks again Kasey for your time and reaching out on this issue, again change the “on hold music” ?

bas402: Any chance you could share any info on what solution is in the works for the tension issue without me bothering Kasey about it? I still am thinking the tension needs to be directly on the pivot point, but it would be a big change to make on existing CAL bipods. Thanks for talking to Kasey about this and I hope he comes up with something to get a more even and consistent tension without locking it down completely.

Just a thought but if springs were added to either side of the pivot point, held captive by the podloc it wouldn't flop around but the downside would be you would lose some of the angle of adjustment. I haven't pulled mine apart to see, but that's my educated guess.

bas402: Any chance you could share any info on what solution is in the works for the tension issue without me bothering Kasey about it? I still am thinking the tension needs to be directly on the pivot point, but it would be a big change to make on existing CAL bipods. Thanks for talking to Kasey about this and I hope he comes up with something to get a more even and consistent tension without locking it down completely.
Don’t know how he is going to correct the tension. we discussed in detail what I am experiencing with and without the spring they sent out. We talked how it was set up and functioning. I explained I wasn’t looking for it to totally loc up unless needed, but would like to see a 60% drag in order to position my rifle in any situation for canting. I used the term “set the desired tension and leave it” and have it stay there until changed (not loose or locked) He will get it done trust me we just need to give him some time for the resolution for those of us that are looking for this “tension” set up out of the CAL
He gets it!!!!

Reactions: sideburn
Just a thought but if springs were added to either side of the pivot point, held captive by the podloc it wouldn't flop around but the downside would be you would lose some of the angle of adjustment. I haven't pulled mine apart to see, but that's my educated guess.
You wouldn't need springs on both sides of the pivot point. The POD-LOC could just be mounted on the same side it is, just on the pivot point instead of on another screw below the pivot point, as it is on the ones I just received.
I don't think you would lose and angle of adjustment. The lower slot and screw could still be used for the limit on travel either way, or I believe the slot may be even made a little wider to allow more travel for angle of adjustment.

Don’t know how he is going to correct the tension. we discussed in detail what I am experiencing with and without the spring they sent out. We talked how it was set up and functioning. I explained I wasn’t looking for it to totally loc up unless needed, but would like to see a 60% drag in order to position my rifle in any situation for canting. I used the term “set the desired tension and leave it” and have it stay there until changed (not loose or locked) He will get it done trust me we just need to give him some time for the resolution for those of us that are looking for this “tension” set up out of the CAL
He gets it!!!!
Thanks for your answer. Sounds like we are looking for the same thing. I can set the desired tension on my POD-LOC on my Harris and leave it. I was hoping the CAL would be the same. If it was, the CAL would be the only bipod I would need, as I like everything else better on the CAL than the Harris.