• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New bling from KRG

Massoud So, I got my Bravo today. The chassis itself feels great, but I'm having a few issues, which may be user caused. First, it seems the rear QD flush cup mount screw is too short. It sits about flush with the edge of the hole on the other side of the stock. Second, with the Arca rail installed, I can only use four screws to hold the fore end to the aluminum block. There are an additional two right in front of the mag well, for a total of six, but only four along the bottom of the fore end. It's this a non-issue or should I see about getting an another two?

Last edited:
I may have missed this, but any chance of a left hand version coming out? Of all the righty shooters, somehow the two coworkers that want to get started are left handed and want to stick to left hand...

Massoud So, I got my Bravo today. The chassis itself feels great, but I'm having a few issues, which may be user caused. First, it seems the rear QD flush cup mount screw is too short. It sits about flush with the edge of the hole on the other side of the stock. Second, with the Arca rail installed, I can only use four screws to hold the fore end to the aluminum block. There are an additional two right in front of the mag well, for a total of six, but only four along the bottom of the fore end. It's this a non-issue or should I see about getting an another two?

I've got the same issue with the flush cup. I'll just source a longer screw.

As far as the Arca rail, I mounted mine up with no problems. I'm not sure exactly what you are saying about only 4 screws? I mounted the rail using the same 6 holes that had screws in them. At first I wasn't sure how the orientation went and what holes to use so I went on the KRG website and downloaded the install instructions for the rail. It's just one drawing showing how it goes. Try that and hopefully it clears up any confusion for you.

As far as the stock goes, I really like this. It's exactly what I wanted. I put in two butt stock spacers and just did a bunch of dry fire. This really fits me well. Nice work KRG!

Y'all go to the hardware store and buy an M6X1 screw that's 4 - 6 mm longer and get r done

As far as the Arca rail, I mounted mine up with no problems. I'm not sure exactly what you are saying about only 4 screws? I mounted the rail using the same 6 holes that had screws in them. At first I wasn't sure how the orientation went and what holes to use so I went on the KRG website and downloaded the install instructions for the rail. It's just one drawing showing how it goes. Try that and hopefully it clears up any confusion for you.

Let me try to explain it the best I can. Originally, there are a total of 8 screws on the bottom of the chassis holding the fore end to the aluminum block. 2 sit just ahead of the mag well. 6 run the length of the fore end ahead of the built in barrier stop. Two are at the rear of the fore end and four are at the front (muzzle end). The Arca rail only came with 4 screws that are longer than the standard 6 "standard" length screws that were on the bottom of the fore end. I could use two of the standard length screws under the Arca rail, but it's a huge PITA to bolt those down AND deal with screwing down the picatinny rail to the Arca rail

FedEx showed up today! Love how the chassis feels, very similar to my TRG. Will get some range time tomorrow. FYI a M5 x .8 x 20mm screw will get the rear flush cup back in order. I had to buzz a few thou off the OD of the head with a file to get it to drop into the cup, but for $0.55 at the local hardware store, I’m taking it hunting this weekend!

I gotta sit here watching all these pics for the next 3 - 6 months before I see one for Howa rifles.....

Hi guys, Thank you for your business and I'm glad you are liking them! The builds are looking great.

I was away for a bit so I'll get you some answers to things:

-We had some stocks go out with the wrong screw for the QD cup. It's supposed to be a 10-32 x 3/4" but we had a mixup and sent a 5/8" long one to some. You can also use a M5 x 20mm but you do have to make the head diameter a bit smaller to fit into the cup. These are flat head screws (hex wrench type head). We can send you this screw as well if you email us at [email protected]

-The Arca rail does just come with 4 screws that go all the way through into the backbone. Maybe we should include 6 in the future. We just never know all the scenarios guys will want to have for these. The screws are M5 x 30mm button head, 10-32 x 1 1/8" should also work.

-Enclosed forend should start shipping next week

Thank you again, we've been busy here making and shipping so we're a bit behind but it's very exciting.
Justin

any updates on the r700 LA bravos?

Well the fire sale on Howa 180-Xrays made the need for a Bravo not so urgent..........

Do you plan to sell the Bravo or other types of chassis with the upcoming enclosed forend out of the box, or is that only going to be an accessory/addon piece? I don't know what purpose I'd have for the stock one since I really want to get the enclosed forend. Even if it's not any cheaper to me I'd rather not have to throw it away.

So if I understand this correctly, the Bravo will not work with a Tikka rifle chambered in a Magnum cartridge?

Last edited:
Any word on when short-action Remington 700 will be back in stock?

I'm waiting for a green one too...I sold a .260 TRG a few years back and miss it. Gonna drop a 260 CTR into a Bravo to get a lighter weight budget version of that awesome rifle.

Justin- I think you said somewhere that it might be possible to modify the chassis to take TRG/CTR mags. Any luck with that? I'd be willing to give it a try if you think it's feasible.

Hey guys,
We should have Bravo's (Rem 700SA) back in stock next week if all goes well, and have Sako Green at that time as well. We'll get pics up in the next week or so as well of the green. It looks pretty good I think.

For TRG mags in our T3 chassis: If you have a mill, all you have to do to a T3 stock is cut the backbone (aluminum) and forend (polymer) in the magwell area to have straight sides instead of being tapered toward the front. It think it's at most .065" per side. The mags are pretty close to the same length front to back. Then you need our TRG mag catch as the AICS mags have a nub sticking out and the TRG mags have a slot cut into the mag.

Howa mini may happen for the Bravo but we're taking things one step at a time, haha. Thanks guys,
Justin

Hey guys,
Howa mini may happen for the Bravo but we're taking things one step at a time, haha. Thanks guys,
Justin

Another vote for the Howa Mini action here, i'd snatch one up in a heartbeat, especially if it was inlet for AICS mags instead of using the stupid factory mags.

could you technically machine the chassis to accept ctr mags? just curious i really like the ctr doubles.

could you technically machine the chassis to accept ctr mags? just curious i really like the ctr doubles.

That would be awesome if possible. Or if you could provide additional specifications we could provide to a machining shop to complete the work. You mentioned 0.065 inches per side, but a couple I spoke with said they would need more information than that to take the job. Maybe you could sell an TRG magazine upgrade kit with the lever and modified backbone. I would certainly pay extra for that option. Makes for an easy "poor man's" TRG off of the Tikka CTR.

Dont know if the Sako green sold out but i chose the option for my 700SA and its OOS

That would be awesome if possible. Or if you could provide additional specifications we could provide to a machining shop to complete the work. You mentioned 0.065 inches per side, but a couple I spoke with said they would need more information than that to take the job. Maybe you could sell an TRG magazine upgrade kit with the lever and modified backbone. I would certainly pay extra for that option. Makes for an easy "poor man's" TRG off of the Tikka CTR.

I'm not sure if we'll be able to get to a TRG/CTR mag option for awhile. However, you could just basically tell the machinist that the tapered mag well just needs the sides cut to be parallel. The magwell is shaped like this now (the sides): / \ and you need it shaped like this | |
The front gets cut to be as wide as the rear basically, a rectangle .990" across, and don't touch the front to back length.

The green Rem's are out of stock because all colors of Rem 700SA are out of stock for a few more days as we finish up more metal parts.

Thanks guys, come see us at SHOT if you go,
Justin

I'm not sure if we'll be able to get to a TRG/CTR mag option for awhile. However, you could just basically tell the machinist that the tapered mag well just needs the sides cut to be parallel. The magwell is shaped like this now (the sides): / \ and you need it shaped like this | |
The front gets cut to be as wide as the rear basically, a rectangle .990" across, and don't touch the front to back length.

The green Rem's are out of stock because all colors of Rem 700SA are out of stock for a few more days as we finish up more metal parts.

Justin

i may have to give this a try, same mag catch can be used? i just need to remove the taper on the sides?

Justin

Justin,
Thank you for the follow-up. Much appreciated.
Steve

Hey guys,
We should have Bravo's (Rem 700SA) back in stock next week if all goes well, and have Sako Green at that time as well. We'll get pics up in the next week or so as well of the green. It looks pretty good I think.

For TRG mags in our T3 chassis: If you have a mill, all you have to do to a T3 stock is cut the backbone (aluminum) and forend (polymer) in the magwell area to have straight sides instead of being tapered toward the front. It think it's at most .065" per side. The mags are pretty close to the same length front to back. Then you need our TRG mag catch as the AICS mags have a nub sticking out and the TRG mags have a slot cut into the mag.

Justin

I have a question regarding your enclosed forend for the Xray, Bravo, and W3 chassis.
Do you guys plan to make the enclosed forends available for the Tikka chassis anytime in the future? As of now I see that they are only available for the 700

i may have to give this a try, same mag catch can be used? i just need to remove the taper on the sides?

Sorry I forgot to mention that you need our TRG mag catch since the way the mags are set up is different (protrusion on AICS and slot cut into TRG mags)

Also, yes we will do a Tikka version of the enclosed forend if the Rem version proves popular.

There are no pictures of Sako Green Bravo's yet because we haven't "officially" launched it. We just knew some guys were really excited about getting it so we put it up.

Thank you,
Justin

Last edited:
Also, yes we will do a Tikka version of the enclosed forend if the Rem version proves popular.

Thank you,
Justin

I know that this is reasonable and a good marketing strategy because Remington has a huge market like 10 to 1 compared with Tikka but why do we Tikka users have to relay on that strategy? I sold all my Remingtons years ago and replace them with Tikkas for very well know reasons, now I'm still depending on them. That's laughably!

I know that this is reasonable and a good marketing strategy because Remington has a huge market like 10 to 1 compared with Tikka but why do we Tikka users have to relay on that strategy? I sold all my Remingtons years ago and replace them with Tikkas for very well know reasons, now I'm still depending on them. That's laughably!

I'm in the same boat, but yeah I do understand the reasoning, it's unfortunate but understandable. But MAN, I'm stuck between a couple different chassis choices, KRG W3 looks nice, and with the enclosed forend, hot damn! I'm picking a W3 up as soon as I figure out whether or not Tikka's get a forend like that. Here's hoping enough of the 700 ones sell! I already know several Tikka guys foaming at the mouth for the Tikka enclosed forend!

Last edited: