• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New bling from KRG

My buddies bravo is in the shop right now getting retro fitted, i dont know why people are talking about getting the aics mags to work, they work fine for me the CTR mags are just better in my opinion. when he gets the bravo back i will post up here and let you know how it works.

Looking forward to it. If the guy is looking for more business, PM a number or contact

Was there any mention of whether the Arca Spigot will work with the Enclosed Forend?

Hey guys, the Spigot Mounts do not work with the Enclosed Forend. The Enclosed forend kind of replaces having a separate Spigot and NV mount. I say "kind of" because the Enclosed Forend doesn't bring the bipod closer to the bore like the Spigot Mounts do.

Also, we will have a separate Arca Rail coming for the Enclosed forend that runs the full length. The current one will fit on there but it's for the regular forends which are shorter in length.

Also I will add in case I forgot that we'll have a new cheekpiece in a few months that will fit the T3's in all positions.
Thank you everyone for your business!

Justin

Reactions: 260284 and GM795
Also I will add in case I forgot that we'll have a new cheekpiece in a few months that will fit the T3's in all positions.
Good to know. I had to file mine with a dremel. Not a big deal but I would like to have one of those.

Reactions: Darkop
If anyone has put the new enclosed forend on their KRG I'd love to hear what your opinion of it is, such as how ridged/stiff it is, how the magwell works compared to the polymer ones, mounting options etc. A few pics would be nice too, particularly of the underside. Please and thanks!

A little OT here...

I think the KRG Bravo could give JAE a scare if they released an M1A version... and back to our regularly scheduled program...

If anyone has put the new enclosed forend on their KRG I'd love to hear what your opinion of it is, such as how ridged/stiff it is, how the magwell works compared to the polymer ones, mounting options etc. A few pics would be nice too, particularly of the underside. Please and thanks!

Nobody here bought the new Enclosed Forend?

I suppose what I’m really looking to find out is if there is any side-to-side flex/twist when using a bipod mounted at the very end of it where it floats out from the internal chassis?

Any help would be appreciated.

Nobody here bought the new Enclosed Forend?

I suppose what I’m really looking to find out is if there is any side-to-side flex/twist when using a bipod mounted at the very end of it where it floats out from the internal chassis?

Any help would be appreciated.

I just got mine. Super rigid. Its metal. Feels great. Ive got that but no chassis. Waiting for my John Hancock Rifle. Thats what its going on.

Reactions: GM795
I just got mine. Super rigid. Its metal. Feels great. Ive got that but no chassis. Waiting for my John Hancock Rifle. Thats what its going on.

Thanks for that.

I have a polymer X-Ray forend at the min, combine that with the polymer pic rail that came with it and you end up with a fair amount of side-to-side flex/twist when canting the bipod. Hoping the Enclosed Forend will solve this for me.

Thanks for that.

I have a polymer X-Ray forend at the min, combine that with the polymer pic rail that came with it and you end up with a fair amount of side-to-side flex/twist when canting the bipod. Hoping the Enclosed Forend will solve this for me.
You should be using aluminum rails for load-bearing accessories such as a bipod. Not sure how much that will help, but there's a reason accessory rails come in polymer and aluminum.

You should be using aluminum rails for load-bearing accessories such as a bipod. Not sure how much that will help, but there's a reason accessory rails come in polymer and aluminum.

Yep, will be swapping it out soon.

Yep, will be swapping it out soon.
Or you can put a spigot mount and attach the bipod on it. The spigot goes attached directly to the aluminum backbone with 4 screws, you won't get any play that way and the bipod will be best positioned near the muzzle.

Got my Bravo installed on my Tikka yesterday. The front action screw they sent with the chassis was slightly too large in diameter and wouldn't thread in to the action. I called KRG about it and they were very helpful, but I ended up stopping by Fastenal on the way home from work and got what I needed instead of waiting for one to ship. IDK if there was a change to the Tikka actions (I bought mine around 2007) somewhere along the way.

I'm very happy with the chassis though, its very comfortable and pretty easy to adjust. I am looking forward to the Tikka specific cheekpiece as the current one has enough elevation to work, but I'd prefer to get another 1/4" more height out of it for it to be perfect. The current one hits the cocking piece at that height.

Reactions: PFG
Got my Bravo installed on my Tikka yesterday. The front action screw they sent with the chassis was slightly too large in diameter and wouldn't thread in to the action. I called KRG about it and they were very helpful, but I ended up stopping by Fastenal on the way home from work and got what I needed instead of waiting for one to ship. IDK if there was a change to the Tikka actions (I bought mine around 2007) somewhere along the way.

I'm very happy with the chassis though, its very comfortable and pretty easy to adjust. I am looking forward to the Tikka specific cheekpiece as the current one has enough elevation to work, but I'd prefer to get another 1/4" more height out of it for it to be perfect. The current one hits the cocking piece at that height.

do you mean the front action screw was too wide to fit in the action or through the chassis?

Mucho thanks to @Massoud!
D96D3C27-36D1-44CB-B715-FEC050387E59.jpeg

do you mean the front action screw was too wide to fit in the action or through the chassis?
It fit through the chassis backbone but was too wide to thread into the action of the rifle. The ones from Fastenal actually only came in a 10 pack so I have 9 spares now lol

Thunder - got any pics of the new set up?

Yeah, give me a bit to figure out how to upload on this site

Alright, here goes my first attempt at pics on this site. Here it is pre-op (first pic on the left), and post-op in the other two. One pic has a 5 rounder and the other has a 10 rounder with the bolt open. I ordered a Pelican 1750 for it, so hopefully that will be in this week and I can get to cutting the foam.

Yes, I know about the vertical split rings. The rifle had been in that configuration since 2007 when I bought it in high school

Attachments

• 20180314_175130[1].jpg
    20180314_175130[1].jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 308
  • 20180318_151135[1].jpg
    20180318_151135[1].jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 322
  • 20180318_151228[1].jpg
    20180318_151228[1].jpg
    323.4 KB · Views: 299
I cut the left side off mine because I found it got in the way of proper hand/thumb position to get a good grip on both the mag & mag release when coming at it from that side. The right side works great for trigger finger release. Reverse for lefthanded obviously.

So I guess what I’m trying to say is, The Left-Wing gets in the way of proper function and when removed, allows the Right-Wing to function better without it.

^I see the tongue in cheek, GM795. I see it, and I like it.

Got out to the range to sight it in today. This is a very well thought out chassis from the easy to use and intuitive control layout to the solid construction. It comes out to 12.8lbs unloaded (13.2 with a loaded 5 rounder and 13.8 with a loaded 10 rounder) and the recoil pad does a great job also. The Accurate Mag AICS mags cycled flawlessly and smoothly. I got sighted in and then shot a couple groups to finish off 2 of the 4 boxes of ammo I brought. The first is 7 rounds in about 1 MOA, and the second is 5 with a flyer that brigns it to 1.5 MOA-it would have been sub-MOA without that one. It was pretty windy and I also haven't shot scoped rifles in a couple years so once I tighten up my fundamentals I expect they'll improve.

Also, when I ordered my chassis the tool-less adjustable height buttpad mechanism was backordered, and it was waiting in my mailbox when I got home (of course, why would it have come before I went to the range lol). It adds about 1/2" to the LOP, which is about as much as 2 LOP spacers, so I took out the spacer I had in there when I installed it. It is just about perfect now since with my 1" high rings I needed a little more distance between my shoulder and comb height. Now I am just waiting on the Tikka specific cheekpiece to come out so I can get the 1/4" more height I need to make it perfect and still be able to cycle the bolt. The new buttpad also meant I had to make a slight modification to the foam in my Pelican 1750. Here it is now:

Attachments

• 20180323_155328[1].jpg
    20180323_155328[1].jpg
    283 KB · Views: 184
  • 20180323_155341[1].jpg
    20180323_155341[1].jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 220
  • 20180323_154131[1].jpg
    20180323_154131[1].jpg
    413 KB · Views: 273
  • 20180323_154635[1].jpg
    20180323_154635[1].jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 287
  • 20180323_154728[1].jpg
    20180323_154728[1].jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 252
  • 20180323_154747[1].jpg
    20180323_154747[1].jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 246
Reactions: PBWalsh
@Massoud

Has there been any more thought given to a Bravo for the CTR that accepts TRG/CTR mags?

I really like my Bravo that I put a TL-2 into btw.

Hello,
Yes we are considering it for sure. We have some other stuff that's in line first though so it won't happen right away. I'm glad to hear you like your Bravo, it's exciting to hear all the different builds people are doing even though we just figured they'd be mainly used for factory Rem's.
Thank you for your business,
Justin

Reactions: JeffLebowski
I can wait for it as it is well worth the wait.

I use what works for me and the Bravo is the perfect match for the TL-2 since I wanted to keep it light for the 223 build. I have no desire to ever change it honestly. The fact that is priced very reasonably makes it even better.

I bought a Bravo Chassis for Tikka CTR and I don’t even have the rifle yet ?. I know I am going get a CTR and just figured why not start getting the goodies to go with it.

If they make one for CZ455 I would buy one ??

Hello,
Yes we are considering it for sure. We have some other stuff that's in line first though so it won't happen right away. I'm glad to hear you like your Bravo, it's exciting to hear all the different builds people are doing even though we just figured they'd be mainly used for factory Rem's.
Justin

Great news.....the moment it drops consider me in for one!

Any idea when they'll be available for the Howa 1500?
From their website:

March 29, 2018
***HOWA BRAVO CHASSIS UPDATE*** We will be releasing a Bravo chassis for the Howa 1500 action this year! We're working to have these available on our website before the end of July. Please check back here and be sure to follow us on social media for updates.

Hello,
Justin

We needed a chassis/stock that had more features than a Magpul Hunter, but cost under $500. You guys knocked it out of the park.

I'm doing a remage build.. what's the consensus on what lug to get? Parrallel lug from PTG of .24" should work? Any problem with the barrel nut fitting? Thanks!

Has anyone been having any feeding issues with a bravo and a R700 SA? Maybe with handloads?

I got to see one with a howa on top. Looks great. I didn't ask to handle it cuz I was covered in mud from work.

I read it somewhere they were considering it. They make the x-ray for the CZ455 so why not the Bravo ?

I hadn't seen that, wonder if it's possible... Could be something about the inlet that doesn't work with the Bravo.. I'd certainly be in board if they do make it

@Massoud you have any insight if a Bravo for the cz455 is on the calendar? (If you can't say I understand, just ignore)

Hey guys, the Bravo for CZ455 is something we are considering for sure. It would be down the road at least a couple months but so far it looks doable. Thank you!

Can y'all offer the option of a full-length backbone on this?

Will the enclosed fore end ever be available for the Bravo or X-Ray Tikka?

I’m looking to get a couple of arca rails for my two bravos. I’m pretty happy with the bravo after I managed a workaround for the bolt striking the cheek riser.

I’m using a versa pod and have bought some spigots that fit to the chassis as I was getting some flex when I attached it to the plastic foreend.

I’ve struggled with qd mounts for the forend but hopefully have a working set up now although I’d be happier if the qd mount was attached to the chassis rather than the plastic.
;)

Just poking around the KRG website, and noticed this on the Bravo page:

"Tikka Bravos are now shipping with a second cheekpiece that has been cut for clearance from the factory."

Does this mean Tikka owners will no longer need to modify the cheek riser to accommodate bolt clearance?

Reactions: DHwreckage