• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing New Center Feed Wyatt Boxes or model 700 Remington

Rustystud

Private
Minuteman
I am building two .284 Winchesters on Stiller Predator actions. I called Kevin Wyatt about using his expanded and extended mag boxes because I was not pleased with his old Center round mag boxes for the Short Mags(or fatter than 308 cases). Kevin Informed me he had added to his line 4130 CM center round feed mag boxes that are heat treated. This new center round feed boxes are made of thicker material and it has a better memory. Has anyone tried these new boxes. I have one on the way to try.

Rustystud

Re: New Center Feed Wyatt Boxes or model 700 Remington

I have been using the new magazine boxes, and the bottom metal assembly with the newly re-designed retention paddles. I like them and so do my customers, and have run into no issues with them to this date as far as durability and functionality.

Re: New Center Feed Wyatt Boxes or model 700 Remington

Mike and Others:

I received my New 4130 heat treated CF Wyatt Mag Box. It is a significant improvement over the older stainless CF mag Boxes.

I beleive Kevin has perfected his CF Mag Box especially for the Short Magnums and 284 based cartridges.

Nat Lambeth