• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes New CQBSS non horus Daylight Visible?

ScarBliss

Private
Minuteman
Apr 1, 2012
I just read leupy's new press release stating they are dropping the price, but it stated they have a 5 MOA daylight illuminated circle. Does this mean that the TMR models now will also have daylight illumination or is it still only the horus? It was somewhat ambiguous, and that might put me over the edge to buy one instead of waiting for the vaporware that is the S&B 1-8.

Re: New CQBSS non horus Daylight Visible?

From what I know the M-TMR is still not daytime lit. Only the H27D variant has the 5 MOA Donut.

This is the response that I got from the Leupold guys when I asked them the same question in an email.

The M-TMR version of the CQBSS uses standard etch and fill illumination that is not ultra-bright daylight visible like the H-27D version of the same scope. The M-TMR version was made for a military requirement that didn’t require that kind of illumination.

The H-27D CQBSS and all Mark 6 1-6x scopes all have the ultra-bright daylight visible illumination systems.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is the response that I got from the Leupold guys when I asked them the same question in an email.

The M-TMR version of the CQBSS uses standard etch and fill illumination that is not ultra-bright daylight visible like the H-27D version of the same scope. The M-TMR version was made for a military requirement that didn’t require that kind of illumination.

The H-27D CQBSS and all Mark 6 1-6x scopes all have the ultra-bright daylight visible illumination systems. </div></div>

Thanks, guess I am still waiting for S&B :-/

d <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SCARbliss</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is the response that I got from the Leupold guys when I asked them the same question in an email.

The H-27D CQBSS and all Mark 6 1-6x scopes all have the ultra-bright daylight visible illumination systems. </div></div>

Thanks, guess I am still waiting for S&B :-/</div></div>

Scary thought.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Arkansas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">d <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SCARbliss</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is the response that I got from the Leupold guys when I asked them the same question in an email.

Thanks, guess I am still waiting for S&B :-/</div></div>

Scary thought.
</div></div>

Unfortunately no other choice right now, unless I want to run 2 optics to have a similar capability, which I don't.

USO's is coming soon for your other option. Contact them for more details.

As for the M-TMR version and use at close range without the big doughnut in the center, I don't see it as a significant deficiency. When you zoom down you have the heavy posts in there to guide your aim where it needs to be. Full bright daylight you're not noticing the illumination, but the heavy black is there and I can shoot just fine with it. Cloudy skies and you really start to pick up on the illumination and contrast. Again, no problem.

Is it ideal? No, it's not like an Aimpoint at close range, but it's also not something I consider significantly hampering. Does it have an outstanding close range capability? Damn right it does, and at distance is even better. Mine is on my personal MK12, so my general application is distance but I wanted close range capability in the same rifle for complete versatility.

My best advice is to get your hands on one first before you completely discount it. The more I use mine the more I like it.

I have the Horus in mine and although i cant stand one on my bolt rifle this one isn't all that bad after i have shot it a bit. I can ignore what i don't want and see what i need when i need it, so im keeping it. Windage hold overs are awful nice with the AR15. Its worthless with anything less than 8x as is most any hold over design in anything else. Also, on 1.1x the dot is as good as my aimpoint. I wont be replacing mine with a S&B even if they were available.

Would rather have a gen2 mill dot with a bright center like the H27, and have it appear as large as a 25x S&B so it was usefull......but wishing in one hand, well...

Glen,

I see conflicting pictures of the H27D, does it have a solid defined aiming point in the middle of the cirlce or is it hollow like it shows on Leupolds site?

Hollow, and if i remember correctly its larger than it looks? I think its 2 mills in diameter (or very very close, maybe 7moa) on 1.1x it looks like a solid dot, but if you look hard you can see the center hole.

one more question Glen, how do you feel the optic does at 700-800 yds on 8X?

Honestly, i think its the Indian, not the arrow... I can clearly center the x on 10" targets at 1k so the scope wont be the limiting factor. Spotting your misses is a different story
smile.gif