• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

NEW from XLR Industries **ELEMENT CHASSIS**

I just ordered a couple elements. I'll be running them on both my match rifles! And excited to do so. It's a lightweight chassis at a great price!

Anybody have an Element that also uses (or previously used) a McMillan A5?

Currently have two A5s and am thinking of trying an Element, but admittedly the ergonomic difference has me on the fence - I know "fit" is subjective but I'm curious to read first-hand reports.

just ordered an element today! $553 shipped! cant wait to get it. should do my Remington 700 lt 308 some good! ill post pictures once she gets here

Received my Element last week. Had time on Friday to drop my barreled action from LRI into the gun (just got it back from full group buy treatment). Both stock and barreled action performed great. The stock is truly very comfortable and pretty darn light. I'm very impressed.

Edit: Added picture:

IMG_20140704_200330.jpg

Last edited:
What are your thoughts on using this chassis for hunting too? I don't have the budget for two rifles, so I have to balance my needs...

I don't have a problem with the weight, but what about the handling, holding the front end and such?

received mine today!! im 100% satisfied with it so far. even feels good while holding the rifle when standing, was worried about that. you have yourself a real winner here
red dot is only temp lol, no scope yet

Attachments

• 20140710_182044.jpg
    20140710_182044.jpg
    778 KB · Views: 31
  • 20140710_182145.jpg
    20140710_182145.jpg
    404.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 20140710_182018.jpg
    20140710_182018.jpg
    819.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
That is a great lookin chassis - two questions -

1. Can the buttstock be used on an AR platform with a rifle buffer tube

2. How do you keep the stock/tube from rotating at the receiver?

1. Yes

2. Lock nut and Allan screw underneath.

:) PM me if interested.

Anybody have an Element that also uses (or previously used) a McMillan A5?

Currently have two A5s and am thinking of trying an Element, but admittedly the ergonomic difference has me on the fence - I know "fit" is subjective but I'm curious to read first-hand reports.

I run an Element now and have had and used an A5/A3-5 for years including on my work gun. PM me and I'll give you a call to talk more about it.

Thanks

Yes, our butt stocks can be used on an AR. However, they can NOT be used with a rifle length buffer tube. Our buffer tubes have a proprietary OD and are included with all our butt stocks. They have a 7" internal length so they would require a carbine length buffer and buffer spring. When used on an AR you would use the stamped steel anti-rotation plate that most common M4 style stocks use. Please note that when you use our butt stocks on an AR the cheek rest at is lowest setting is .7" above the top of the buffer tube.

Thanks, Kyle ~ XLR

1. Yes

2. Lock nut and Allan screw underneath.

:) PM me if interested.

Just got an Element chassis last week. Very impressed! Wonderful customer service in ordering and it was sent immediately. Perfect drop in fit. Couldn't be happier!

Just got an Element chassis last week. Very impressed! Wonderful customer service in ordering and it was sent immediately. Perfect drop in fit. Couldn't be happier!

Everyone who has put hands on these new Elements are very please! Solid work XLR!

Mine will be delivered today... I may or may not have cancelled afternoon plans so that I'm home when the UPS guy shows up. I can't wait.

Yes, our butt stocks can be used on an AR. However, they can NOT be used with a rifle length buffer tube. Our buffer tubes have a proprietary OD and are included with all our butt stocks. They have a 7" internal length so they would require a carbine length buffer and buffer spring. When used on an AR you would use the stamped steel anti-rotation plate that most common M4 style stocks use. Please note that when you use our butt stocks on an AR the cheek rest at is lowest setting is .7" above the top of the buffer tube.

Thanks, Kyle ~ XLR

Sounds Great. The LOP looks like what I need -

select.JPG

That's my Winchester O/U above an AR Carbine. Forget nose to charging handle, I'm nose to barrel nut

Last edited:
XLR Element

XLR Element with Extreme Butt Stock... 6x47 Lapua, Kahles K312 w/MSR.

Attachments

• XLE Element Utah side.jpg
    XLE Element Utah side.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
XLR Element with Extreme Butt Stock... 6x47 Lapua, Kahles K312 w/MSR.

I just wanted to give a HUGE thank you to BGE541 for his help in acquiring my three elements. He has been an awesome dealer to work with and I couldn't be happier. Contact him with all of you XLR needs and he will GLADLY help you out. Awesome dealer!

Goodbye RockSolid. Hello XLR.

It's all about customer service.

I just wanted to give a HUGE thank you to BGE541 for his help in acquiring my three elements. He has been an awesome dealer to work with and I couldn't be happier. Contact him with all of you XLR needs and he will GLADLY help you out. Awesome dealer!

Goodbye RockSolid. Hello XLR.

It's all about customer service.

You and me both! I love it

After a long drive up and back I've got them home. Again a huge thank you to stabolprecisionllc.com for hooking me up with them, you won't find a better person to buy them from then Reed. Give him a ring for any/all XLR needs and he will get you setup right.

XLR should be proud to have a dealer that supports the brand so well.

Looking forward to giving these a run.
iPxKMS8md08yc.jpg

Last edited:
BGE541 shipped my stock out yesterday, looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.
Thanks again Reed.
Toni

After a long drive up and back I've got them home. Again a huge thank you to stabolprecisionllc.com for hooking me up with them, you won't find a better person to buy them from then Reed. Give him a ring for any/all XLR needs and he will get you setup right.

XLR should be proud to have a dealer that supports the brand so well.

Looking forward to giving these a run.
iPxKMS8md08yc.jpg

Looking forward to these photos! Sure hope you enjoy and glad you were able to make it up.

BGE541 shipped my stock out yesterday, looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.
Thanks again Reed.
Toni

Thank you Toni, Enjoy!

AhhShoot, yours in in the car to UPS as we speak (type)! Thank you all for your support...

BGE

Element chassis for all versions of the Savage short action available to order Monday July 21st!!! We have both the side and bottom bolt release models starting at $595.00 for the side and $635.00 for the bottom bolt release. Right and left hand available.

NEW from XLR Industries **ELEMENT CHASSIS**

Kyle your the man! Can't wait for to get one!
Can you expand on the bolt stop modification for 223 savage actions? What I am picturing is the stop on the bolt body that shortens the bolt throw? Im guessing the AI mag requires a 308 bolt stop that is shorter and allows the bolt to come back further?

Sent from my IPhone 5S.

Last edited:
neeltburn said:
Can you expand on the bolt stop modification for 223 savage actions? What I am picturing is the stop on the bolt body that shortens the bolt throw? Im guessing the AI mag requires a 308 bolt stop that is shorter and allows the bolt to come back further?

That's exactly right - to run AICS 223 magazines in a Savage action, you need a standard length (308) bolt baffle. You could replace an extended baffle with a short one - or simply trim off the extended part.

I'm not a full member yet so can't post a sale thread. I hope it's ok to post here, just in case anyone is interested for a used Element w/ folding TacLite for a Remy 700SA. Email me for pix.

That's exactly right - to run AICS 223 magazines in a Savage action, you need a standard length (308) bolt baffle. You could replace an extended baffle with a short one - or simply trim off the extended part.

Got a 308 bolt baffle enroute from Brownells.

Left a Message for Kyle.

Sent from my IPhone 5S.

Thanks guys. Yes, that is correct. The .223 does require a shorter bolt baffle as Savage puts an extended stop on the 223 bolt baffle to limit bolt throw. Since the AI 223 magazines are longer than the factory 223 internal magazine you will switch it with a 308/300WM/WSM bolt baffle.

THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED: 308/300/WSM bolt baffle:

THIS IS NOT WHAT YOU NEED: 223 bolt baffle:

-Kyle ~ XLR
Got a 308 bolt baffle enroute from Brownells.

Left a Message for Kyle.

Sent from my IPhone 5S.

Thanks guys. Yes, that is correct. The .223 does require a shorter bolt baffle as Savage puts an extended stop on the 223 bolt baffle to limit bolt throw. Since the AI 223 magazines are longer than the factory 223 internal magazine you will switch it with a 308/300WM/WSM bolt baffle.

THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED: 308/300/WSM bolt baffle:

THIS IS NOT WHAT YOU NEED: 223 bolt baffle:

-Kyle ~ XLR

Thanks Kyle! Can't wait to get it here!

Sent from my IPhone 5S.

I'm not a full member yet so can't post a sale thread. I hope it's ok to post here, just in case anyone is interested for a used Element w/ folding TacLite for a Remy 700SA. Email me for pix.
SOLD to .30kal
Thanks to all who emailed me for your interest.

Last edited:
Its gonna be a long 6 Days.... I don't think I've been this excited since I got word my Suppressors were approved. Guess I should quit staring at pictures and get 260 ammo loaded for the match this weekend and load some more 223 up so when this get here Im ready to go.

Kyle I can't wait to get the rifle in it!

Last edited:
Oh, I quite like these, I don't like the AR style chassis with tubes since they raise the scope, but I do like this.

BGE451, stock turned up today. Thanks young fella for all your time & help. Haven't had time to put it together, been busy painting.
Again, may God bless you.
Toni