• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors New G29, carry options

Lineman711

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2009
TN
My wife bought me a Glock 29 for Christmas, at least I'm pretty sure she did. I've never had an IWB holster before, so I've been reading reviews for several days now. Not really sure which way to go yet. I've always been a fan of Bianchi's leather and have put a couple of their holsters through several years of use and abuse and they have served me well. Just curious as to why no one seems to be using their IWB models.

Re: New G29, carry options

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lineman711</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My wife bought me a Glock 29 for Christmas, at least I'm pretty sure she did. I've never had an IWB holster before, so I've been reading reviews for several days now. Not really sure which way to go yet. I've always been a fan of Bianchi's leather and have put a couple of their holsters through several years of use and abuse and they have served me well. Just curious as to why no one seems to be using their IWB models. </div></div>

For IWB, my G29 rides in a SideArmor. Light-weight unit, carries well, and the pistol comes out <span style="font-style: italic">fast</span>.

http://www.sidearmor.com/store/index.php...s2c1eilv26du1d7

cool.gif

not sure what you prefer as far as leather and kydex is concerned, but ive used a comp tac c tac iwb, and its probably the most comfortable kydex iwb that ive used. with that said, i prefer owb as its way more comfortable and i find it easier to draw and holster..

Fist has some really thin Kydex IWB. Once ya get used to it ya forget its there. I've had'm break after while but thats getting worn A LOT, i do believe they can make it thicker an they also do'm in leather.
OR if you want to get really fancy they can do a "hybrid" which is a leather lined with kydex.

I carry a G29 most of the time when I'm packing something, and IWB is just a bit intrusive for me. I'm not a small guy (6' 190#) but that 10mm is too wide for me to like IWB. My choice for carry on that one is a Bianchi Accumold 7506. I have quite a few different holsters in leather, kydex and other, and the Accumold is the most comfortable and very concealable. I can wear it on a belt under a T shirt and not print bad enough for anybody to notice. If I use one of the mags without a pinky extension you wouldn't even be able to pick it out if you were looking for it.

Nice choice BTW... ten rounds of 10mm on tap should get you out of anything that may come your way. If it doesn't you probably should have been running the other way...

Loving the G29, shoots great, much better than I thought it would. At 20 yards it's grouping better than my father in laws Delta Elite. Shooting his reloads, 180 gr XTP and Vihtavouri 3N38 at an average of 1236 fps, recoil isn't bad at all. Blew my mind, but in my hands the G29 was just as easy to handle as the DE. Brass flies a mile though, only found about half of it, thinking that a heavier recoil spring might fix that problem.

Back to the topic, went to a store that carries a lot of holsters and tried a few. Still haven't got my mind set on any yet, but the store owners Don Hume felt very comfortable. I liked the fact the it had a thumb strap as well. He said he'd had it for about 4 years, and carried his G29 about 100 days out of a year. He also said that it wasn't the best leather out there but for the money it's a good place to start. Thinking of ordering one and seeing how it goes.

I carry my G-30 (Same Frame, N'est pas) in a comp-tac paddle hoslter. I agree with LAK, thats a lot of gun to jam into your pants

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fast eddie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> *** I agree with LAK, thats a lot of gun to jam into your pants </div></div>

6'3 185lbs, give or take.

As mentioned, my SideArmor IWB for the G29 presents no, ah, "<span style="font-style: italic">girth</span>" issues ...
wink.gif
It's made of very thin material to begin with, notwithstanding the OD of the G29.

G29-5.jpg

Options for more comfortably IWB-ing your G29/G30 include going to the next pants size up, adding crunches to your daily routine, and skipping that second Wendy's Triple at lunch.
whistle.gif
laugh.gif

Wouldn't even try to IWB this ...
shocked.gif

610-5.jpg

cool.gif

Options for more comfortably IWB-ing your G29/G30 include going to the next pants size up, adding crunches to your daily routine, and skipping that second Wendy's Triple at lunch.

Good God Man, You ask too much! LOL I will check out the side armor.

If you want to be comfortable get a blackhawk fanny pack. It looks goofy but I'm married, have kids and don't care. You can carry 15 round mags, your light, some flex cuffs and pepper spray and not have to worry about sucking it in or wincing in pain when you sit down.

You can go the IWB route but it will get old after a while unless you carry in the small of your back. Fine for winter carry but the summer makes it uncomfortable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pistol Pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> ***<span style="font-weight: bold">If you want to be comfortable get a blackhawk fanny pack.</span>*** It looks goofy but I'm married, have kids and don't care. You can carry 15 round mags, your light, some flex cuffs and pepper spray and not have to worry about sucking it in or wincing in pain when you sit down.

You can go the IWB route but it will get old after a while unless you carry in the small of your back. Fine for winter carry but the summer makes it uncomfortable.
</div></div>

Not to drag this thread too far OT, but at least in my area (smallish midwest city) wearing a fanny pack - or, more correctly, a "crotch" pack - signals "<span style="font-style: italic">I'm-carrying-a-gun</span>!"

Was wondering how it is for people using them in other locales? Maybe in the South or West, where it's stays warmer longer, fanny packs (with or without a gun inside) are a more common sight ... You see them everywhere around Las Vegas, for example.

Don't know, just asking.
shocked.gif

Also, if you haven't seen it, in the SWAT Feb/2010 issue, a writer reviews these packs for CCW/off duty use and how you can go about making them appear less conspicuous or at least less "tactical" through the use of eye-distracting patches, colors, etc. It was interesting, but I'm still not sold on them.

Was just curious what others thought or have experienced with these packs ...
confused.gif

Get a Kramer or Mitch Rosen. Good placement in your hip is just as important as the holster. I'm carrying a gun sign is what scum bags are looking for. Choose carefully..